It is currently Jun 27, 2017 9:44 am 

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Snowshoeing
Post Posted: Dec 25, 2016 7:58 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Hi,

Got snowshoes for Christmas. Can anyone recommend any good areas to try them out tomorrow?

Post subject: Re: Snowshoeing
Post Posted: Dec 25, 2016 10:38 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Pretty much any hiking trails in Park Country have decent conditions right now, so trails off Guenella Pass, Jefferson Creek area, Kenosha Pass, Park CR 60 and 58 all have nice trails.

Enjoy

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather" - John Ruskin

Post Posted: Dec 27, 2016 11:41 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I lead a snowshoeing group every Wednesday ( when we have enough snow) with the Conifer Newcomers and Neighbors club. I usually take us out to "Three Mile Creek Trail, Burning Bear Trail, Geneva Park Campground Trail , Abyss Trail ( all these on Guenella Pass Road by Grant). I also do the "old" Rosalie Trail, the old road along Platte River at Pine Valley Open Space, Payne Gulch, Brookside McCurdy behind Bailey. Kenosha Pass ( Colorado Trail #5 and #6). Hope these suggestions help. :snowman: :snow report:

Post Posted: Dec 27, 2016 3:06 pm 
luvthemtns wrote:
I lead a snowshoeing group every Wednesday ( when we have enough snow) with the Conifer Newcomers and Neighbors club. I usually take us out to "Three Mile Creek Trail, Burning Bear Trail, Geneva Park Campground Trail , Abyss Trail ( all these on Guenella Pass Road by Grant). I also do the "old" Rosalie Trail, the old road along Platte River at Pine Valley Open Space, Payne Gulch, Brookside McCurdy behind Bailey. Kenosha Pass ( Colorado Trail #5 and #6).

Ok...entering our 25th winter up hear and the only snowshoeing we've done is pretty much in the backyard (some acres)...have never thought about the areas you mention. I'm assuming that the "and Neighbors club" portion of your statement means that some of us "not quite so old timers" can tag along???

Post Posted: Dec 27, 2016 7:45 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Actually I'm leading a snowshoe hike tomorrow up at Geneva Park Campground Trail. We're meeting at 9:30am at the Pine Junction Park & Ride and car-pooling up to the trail. You all are welcome to join us for the day. We usually snowshoe only a few miles ( 3-5) since it is more strenuous then just hiking. :wiggle:

Post Posted: Dec 28, 2016 8:48 am 
Sounds interesting. Is there a cost? How long does an average snowshoe outing last? How many people participate?

Thanks for your information.

Post Posted: Dec 28, 2016 1:41 pm 
New Poster
Dogrunner?? Have you tried out the BOERA (599 Rosalie) property in Bailey, CO 80421? I've recently X-country skied there and found it to be quite a best kept secret.

I hear that the annual rate for use will only be $70!

https://www.facebook.com/BOERAinBaileyCO/

Post Posted: Dec 28, 2016 1:50 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Is there a way to get notifications of when and where you'll be? I'd love to join you sometimes, sounds like about my speed!

Post Posted: Dec 28, 2016 6:23 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
My group went out today to Geneva Park Trail up on Guenella Pass. We had 5 of us today. It was a fantastic snowshoe hike. ( we went 4 miles) This can vary. I've had up to 12 people join me in the past. As I've said this group is from the Conifer Newcomers & Neighbors club. It cost only $20.00 a year to join this club, but your welcome to join our snowshoe excursions once in awhile. I don't go out every week because sometimes the conditions aren't ideal for a good experience. I can put you on my email snowshoe list if you want to know when we go out. I usually stay within the 3-5 miles hiking which is still a really good workout. :cold:

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]