NEW SHELTER FUND!!! - Matching Funds thru Nov 19th
Click here for more information

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: **CATS-CATS-CATS--ADOPT!! ****IMHS open daily
Post Posted: Mar 2, 2017 6:56 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Sorry posting so late was caught up in stuff. I got to the shelter late, so I don't have too many cat photos. Many went down the hill so most likely more will be coming.

edited on 3/15/2017 -- removed photos

Thanks for looking everyone. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a cat or kitty, please have them visit with IMHS.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

Open 7 days/week 11am to 4pm | Open til 7pm Weds
(Closed on major holidays)

Phone (303) 838-2668
Fax (303) 838-4419

http://imhs.org
Find Us On Facebook
Our Blog
IMHS Second Chance Thrift Shop
Open Tues-Sun 10:30-6:00
303-816-2471

Post Posted: Mar 8, 2017 10:24 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
The cats at the shelter today were all really friendly and sweet.

edited on 3/22/17 -- due to adoptions and updates

Thanks for looking everyone. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a cat, please have them visit IMHS and give one of these guys a chance.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

Phone (303) 838-2668
Fax (303) 838-4419

Find Us On Facebook
Our Blog
303-816-2471

Post Posted: Mar 16, 2017 1:52 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
There was a cat that totally made my day. Cheeto.

Back at the end of January, Cheeto was found as a stray by Park County Animal Control. His right back leg was crushed and not repairable. Dr. Palmini at Sano Animal Hospital amputated his leg to give him a better life. When he arrived at IMHS, he appeared to be ferrel. He stayed in his den and only came out when everyone was gone. We would all talk to him through the cage. We thought for sure he could only be a barn cat. About 3 weeks ago, I would lay in the one half of the cage so he couldn't run out and try to get a photo, I would talk gently to him and he was attentive and didn't spit which I thought was good. It was difficult to get a photo because it was so dark. I kept trying to get closer and finally got one that was fairly presentable, which I posted last week.
Today he was a totally different cat. He was no longer in his den. He was laying on a blanket in the open just watching everything and everyone. It was the best thing ever. We took him into the play room and I sat with him for awhile, he was wonderful, even gave kisses. They told me, this past Sunday Alysha, another photographer for IMHS went in the cage with him and then he ended up coming out and did head butts with her. Thanks Alysha for getting Cheeto out of his shell.
Below are the photos that show the progress of this wonderful cat, my heart is tingling from today.

Here he is back in Janurary just out of surgery at Sano (provided by Sano):

This is him in his den, last week's photo

And these are today's photos --- Cheeto, you made my day

Now for the rest of the very friendly and fun crew.

I'm Andy. A very handsome and distinquished cat. I enjoyed being pet, but I also enjoyed just sitting here and letting the lady take my photo.

This is my friend Amber. Ok, I can talk for myself, as he said, my name is Amber. I'm a sweet girl and I enjoy being pet or just hanging out.

I'm Smoke, the one in the back that looks like smoke. Figured I would come and see what was going on. I'm just a very handsome and friendly guy.

I'm Bruno. I am super sweet, friendly and just a cool male cat. The lady messed up last week, she thought I was someone called Static. Turns out Static was adopted and the person said she didn't care if he hid under the bed, she will just wait till he is comfortable enough to hang out.

Batman here. Can't believe I'm still here. I'm one of the coolest male cats around. I may be tough, but that is OK, as long as it is just me and Flower, we be good.

Flower here and the same story as Batman, except for the fact I'm female.

Bambi here and I have some really good news. I am going to a foster home. I love it here, but I know it will be better being in a home with all the attention going to me.

Bobbysocks here, need I say more. Well, other than I hope one day I get adopted.

They call me Sassy and boy can I be Sassy. Once you start petting me, I just get all wound up. I love being pet and being with people. I'm very sweet and friendly female.

Hope everyone enjoyed the photos. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a cat, please come and visit with one of these guys.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

Phone (303) 838-2668
Fax (303) 838-4419

Find Us On Facebook
Our Blog
303-816-2471

Post Posted: Mar 22, 2017 8:24 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Below are the photos of the cats at the shelter today. They were all very friendly and sweet. Cheeto is the featured cat for today's photos.

Cole here. I'm in the big cage with my girlfriend Mia and sweet Bambi. I'm a very friendly cat and love being pet. Please visit with me if you can.

I'm Andy and Smoke is behind me. We are still kittens willing to learn, play and be loved.

I'm Coal, quite handsome, no? Not sure why she left this stupid blue ball in front of me, just try to imagine it not there.

I can touch my nose with my tongue. I'm a really neat male cat, I'm what you would call a cool cat.

My name is Banto and I just arrived the other day. I'm still settling in, but I think I will be happy here.

Cheeto here, boy am I glad I came out of my shell, I've never gotten so much lovin. I'm learning more and more to live, deal and work with three legs. Sometimes I even forget one is missing. I'm happy now and I've been told I look like Morris the cat, whoever that is, probably before my time. I asked the lady to get my good side so I don't shock anyone. Please know that after my hair grows I will look great all around.

I can touch my nose too, in case that gives me extra points

I love being pet

Please stop by and visit with me, I would love a home that is forever and with someone that understands a cat with three legs.

Hope everyone enjoyed the photos. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please stop by the shelter and visit with these guys, you won't be sorry, unless you were not planning to adopt.

Gia McNerney
Volunteer Photographer

Phone (303) 838-2668
Fax (303) 838-4419

Find Us On Facebook
Our Blog
303-816-2471