It is currently Sep 22, 2017 4:00 am 

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: **DOGS-DOGS-DOGS--ADOPT!!!** IMHS OPEN DAILY
Post Posted: Apr 28, 2017 10:15 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I received a call today that Molly was in the big outdoor play area with a male dog. I didn't have anything too pressing going on so I went with my camera. Molly was with Poncho, who is the new dog that came in Wednesday who I photo'd playing, really nice male dog. Appears Molly only likes male dogs, at least so far. I think it has a lot to do with living on a farm/herding. I noticed signs of trying to go into heat with Poncho. So this could be why she is currently having a hard time with female dogs.
On another note, my husband gave me a dirt bike tire to bring to the dogs, I thought are you crazy, but I did anyway. Oh my, Hitchcock and Coke got the best fun out of it, so I guess hubby was right. Couldn't resist, so also took photos of them playing with the tire. Hope everyone enjoys.

edited on 5/10/17 -- removed photos due to updates and help page load faster

Please put the word out for Molly, she would be perfect in a mellow home. She was in her igloo (she loves her igloo) when I came and didn't come out till I came in and then she started playing, almost as if she knew why I was there. Then she took the play ball into her igloo and just hung out in there. She would make a perfect only dog as she really appears to be fine by herself or a male dog, such as Poncho.

Post Posted: May 4, 2017 3:03 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
It was very busy today. Molly and Poncho are the only two dogs that are not new this week. Three new dogs came in this past week, two are very shy, but have so much potential and are young so I do believe they will be good dogs. My photos will be a bit different today, because there are 23 puppies at the shelter, but none can be seen as yet, and the ones that just turned old enough all have applications out on them.
First I will list the dogs that are for adoption. Then I will list Dragonfly's puppies that have potential applications out on them. For Dragonfly's puppies, I have been taking photos from the time she had her puppies, so I will be posting the history of her puppies here. Then I will post Journey's puppies. This is a Heeler mix that just came into the shelter this week with 9 4week old puppies. The puppies are not available nor can be seen until 2 more weeks. For those who remember Coke, the boxer mix that was discovered pregnant, she had her puppies early yesterday morning and they are all doing very well. I am posting some photos of her and her puppies only as a preview, but it will be at least 6 weeks before they can be seen in real life :)

With all these pets at the shelter right now, they are so very busy, so with respect to me previewing these puppies can everyone please hold back calling and asking about the puppies for at least a month. If you call, please, please be respectful of their time and understand the animals should, always and will come first. Thank-you.

edited on 5/17/17 - removed photos, but leaving puppies since it is neat to see them grow
****************************** The below photos are just to enjoy or preview *********************

These are Dragonfly's puppies and her diary will give you the dates of the photos. All puppies have potential homes as each one has an application submitted for them. Just want to share their story.

This is Journey, she came in with her puppies just this week. She is a heeler mix, very sweet and a really good dog. She is tired and ready to do for herself. The puppies are only 4weeks old, so they have 2 more weeks before they can be seen. They are all really cute.

Coke came into the shelter in April and was discovered pregnant. She had her puppies early yesterday and all are doing really well. She is such a good dog. These little ones can not be seen until 6 weeks.

Thanks for looking everyone and hope you enjoyed. Please keep in mind the adult dogs that are for adoption, they are really nice and some need extra attention and understanding.

Post Posted: May 10, 2017 11:37 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Needless to say it was quite busy at the shelter. There are quite a few dogs. Molly and Poncho were in the big play area together, they really get along well. Bert and Ernie have turned around so much within just this week, it is amazing to watch them learn about being a people's dog. The staff and volunteers are amazing. Many puppy photos and I heard people calling to reserve, but that is beyond my knowledge, so call if you are interested, but please keep in mind they are really busy. It is a more than a full house.

edited on 5/17/17 -- removed photos, but leaving puppies

We are all the oldest puppies here at the shelter. Those other guys are just babies, we actually got to stay outside today just like all the big doggies. Boy, are they loud sometimes.

We are the cutest puppies here, just thought you should know. Journey is our Mom and she is outside having fun. Soon, we will be old enough to go outside, just like the oldest puppies do.

Here I am, Coke, boy is life different now. Last I remember, I was playing with a tire with my buddy Hitchcock and then wow, Mom, I became. I hear this will be it and I will be able to enjoy life with no more duties just be able to concentrate on me. Before that happens, though, I have at least another month before I can be adopted to a forever home. I am a super dog and anyone would be very lucky to have me.

Aren't my puppies the cutest? I am sure they are, even though Journey thinks hers are. Just wait until they open their eyes and start interacting, yep, they will win the cutest contest for sure.

OK, everyone looks good, now I'll go and relax in my bed

Thanks for looking. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a dog, please give one of these wonderful dogs a chance.

Post Posted: May 17, 2017 11:40 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
All is the same at IMHS, very busy. Everyone is doing well, but it is hard for puppies to grow up in a limited shelter. They are all happy and very socialized, but it will be good when they all get a loving forever home. Lots of puppy photos. Molly is now hanging out with two boys, Bert and Ernie. She is helping socialize them, she really does well with male dogs. Bert and Ernie have made amazing progress in regards to socialization.

On another note, if anyone has adopted from IMHS, we've been doing stories on successful adoptions, so if you have adopted and would like to share your story, please PM me. Thanks. Also, IMHS is in need of more members, so I'm just putting it out there, in case people will join. Thanks.

This is me, Mom 2, or Journey. I could not get a good photo today, because me and the lady are still bonding. I'm a super sweet girl and I'm learning that people are pretty OK.

Here is a preview of the photos posted below, can't let the puppies take away from the adults.

Mazie here. I'm a super sweet female and I'm in the big pen hanging out with Dragonfly. Aren't I quite beautiful?

Dragonfly, also known as Mom 1. My puppies have grown and I'm now free. Sniff, sniff, yes, I can smell it, freedom.

I'll be going to a home with one of my puppies, I guess I'm not totally free. Only kidding, it will be nice to watch my puppy grow up and teach them to be a sweet and nice dog.

Molly. It seems as though I keep losing my boyfriends to a home. I don't get it. Well, at least they are going to a home, I must be good luck for them. Now I'm helping out Bert and Ernie, they are pretty neat guys. A little shy, but they have made huge progress.

I'm Ernie and I'm learning about catch.

This stretch feels so good

Come on Molly, let's play

We are Puppy group #1 and we will all be going home soon.

We are Puppy group #2 and will are accepting applications. We are really sweet and fun. We just started being allowed outside this week, we feel like big doggies now.

I'm Mom #3 or Hitchcock. My babies are group #3, but they are too young to talk. I'm so tired, it is hard having puppies. That is why my photo is here rather than with the adults; I still have a lot of work to do. Once I'm done, then I'll be able to be adopted. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for looking everyone and if you are looking for adopt, please give one of these guys a chance and share with anyone you know that may be looking to adopt.

Please call IMHS at 303-838-2668 on any questions about these guys. Thanks.

Post Posted: May 24, 2017 10:33 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Still very busy at the shelter today. Spent a lot of time with the cats, but still have lots of dog photos, the puppies make it easy. Also, Molly playing with Bert and Ernie make it easy. Bert and Ernie are still very young, 10 months, so they are learning. They've come a long way in the socialization part, now house training, but that is difficult at a shelter.

Dragonfly still here, but going to a loving home soon. I do love the lady's cookies.

Nothing personal lady, but I do hope this is the last cookie you ever give me, because I'll be going home soon.

Journey here. I was spayed yesterday and I'm quite happy today. I know my puppies are cute, but I'm glad they will be my last. I hope they all go to a loving and forever home. I'm so ready to do that myself.

If you know anyone that wants a small perfect dog, I am her

Molly here with my two buddies. We just keep getting closer and closer. Bert tries to rule the roost, but we just humor him. Sometimes he gets us in a ruffle when some other dog goes by. He has so much more confidence now. So does Ernie, but Ernie is so much more modest than Bert.

[Image

Hey lady, same story as last week, can you let us out of here? We want to explore and run free and just go anywhere our noses take us.

Mmmmmm. This is so good, I can stay here all day. I love you Mom.

Boy, this is hard work. They are at the age, where their teeth get razor sharp and their nails just as sharp. Ouch. I agree 100% with Journey.

Hey, where did Mom go?

Did you see her? Did you see where she went? What about you, did you see her?

If interested in any of these dogs, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. They are all very nice dogs, please visit or think about volunteering. Thanks for taking the time to check these guys out.

Post Posted: Jun 14, 2017 10:19 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I was able to get to the shelter today for some photos. Some really good news, Molly is in a try out and so far so good. Please everyone send out good wishes to her that she bonds with her new family and they never want to give her up. There are still many puppies at the shelter, but didn't have time to photo them. Although I did take a few of Coke's little ones, which are not so little anymore.

My name is Jayce (or something like that). I only arrived a couple of hours ago. I was surrendered by my owner, this is not the first time either. I think it is because they didn't know how to work with a german shepard, you see we are very smart, not like other dogs. The lady really enjoyed playing with me and petting me while she took her photos, I even rolled over so she can pet my belly. The photos don't show it very well, but I am a very big dog.

I was getting my belly rubbed at this time, see how happy I look.

Ready...... set......

Go.....

Coke here. I'm a super dog, as most of you already know. I'm also quite attractive and I passed that on to my puppies as you will see in the photos. It is so nice that they are eating on their own and will be going to their homes early July. Maybe I'll even get a home before them, I'm going stir crazy in here and would love a home and person I can run and play with.

I really like this toy.

I sit very well to take the treat from the lady.

I'll be here waiting for my new home.

We are getting big, I bet we will be bigger than Mom.

Thanks for looking and as always if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please give one of these guys a chance.

Post Posted: Jun 19, 2017 2:43 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
So happy, happy, happy to hear that Molly is in a try-out :jumping: and so far, so good. :praying: Keeping fingers and paws crossed for her. :love: :dog: :love:

Post Posted: Jul 7, 2017 4:14 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Me too, Koala, and no sign of her so assuming things are going well and hopefully found her permanent home :)

These photos are from Wednesday, but I was not able to post until now. All the puppies, but one, the little black one I have several photos of, were adopted. He will be quite sad after they all go home tomorrow/Saturday. If interested in adopting, please always call the shelter for updates of adoptable dogs - 303-838-2668.

They call me Jacob or Jake for short. I'm a very sweet male dog and so far good with other dogs. I'm still pretty young and willing to learn.

I take the treat very nicely.

I'm Maxx. I'm an anxious, but good male dog. I was surrendered by my owner only a week ago so I'm just trying to settle in here. It would be nice to have a permenant home and have a job to do.

I'm happy and I try to listen when I'm told something.

I do have a good body.

I'm Rio, I'm a nice small size male dog. I'm pretty sweet and enjoy being with a person.

I'm quite handsome.

Remember Coke, well, she is going to her new home soon and we are all her puppies, that were once very tiny. We are all going home on Saturday, now we can learn how to be real dogs.

I've been thinking about what I want to be when I grow up.

I'm one of the puppies that came from Cortez, we were all living under a truck without my Mom. Life has been good since we got here, but I sure will be sad when all my buddies go. I'm a super sweet male, all black, so quite attractive, at least I think so. Sure my ears are big, but better to hear you with.

I do like playing.

I think I can fit through this.

I think I look quite handsome in this manly jewlery.

I do take treats fairly nicely, they were just so good.

Thanks for looking and if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please give one of these guys a chance.

Post Posted: Jul 13, 2017 12:26 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
There are quite a few photos from today. I went to a super supporter's barn which they have graciously allowed IMHS to use, as a matter of fact this is where the event 'Cause for Paws' will be held on August 26th. Ellen, a big volunteer with IMHS has been using the barn for agility with the shelter dogs. It was quite fun and the two dogs we brought there had such a good time, it was a physical and mental exercise day for both Jason and Rio. We also learn so much about the dogs when we do this.
Two new dogs came in before I left, so I was able to spend time with them and do some photos. Red is very shy right now and Sophia is just a little nervous, but both are very nice dogs.

Please call the shelter if you or anyone you know is interested in adopting -- 303-838-2668

This is most of the agility course. That's Jason out there, he did wonderfully, picked up fast and bonds really well.

Better view of me, Jacob.

I really like kids, at least this nice little girl

Yep, that was me. Not bad for a newbie, huh?

Notice how nice I take my treat

Now it is my turn. Rio here.

I actually like playing ball the best.

Does this mean I need to do agility now?

OK, check this out, if you can see through the blur as I was going so fast

Here is a short video that shows me going over the other jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ln40oBhXRM

Back at the shelter, I am now hanging out with my shelter mate, Cherokee. We like to hug.

And kiss

I heard I am going to be adopted, Rio will probably miss me, so if you know anyone, he is a super dog

Maxx here. I'm a sweet dog in need of bonding with someone. I do love playing ball and tug of war.

I really love Gemma and she loves me, too.

I'll be here waiting for my new person.

I just arrived today, they call me Red. I'm really nervous right now, but everyone here seems super nice.

Learning how to take treats.

I also just arrived today. They are calling me Sophia. I'm a super sweet girl, love giving hugs and just being with people.

Thanks for looking everyone. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please give one of these guys a chance.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2017 12:47 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I went to the agility course with Ellen, Gay and her two grandchildren, Sammy and Marcas. We took Maxx, who did really well and then Sophia who also did very well. The photos came out pretty good, so I kept most and made into a slideshow and uploaded to youtube.

There is a new dog, he only came in yesterday, but still on hold. Please call IMHS at 303-838-2668 if interested in any of these guys.

Jacob here. I was disappointed that I didn't get to go to the agility course, but I know everyone has to have a turn.

Did I make you feel guilty enough to give me another treat?

Yep.

Rio here. I've been to the agility course twice, so I'm really last on the list to go next.

Cherokee in with Rio, he really knows how to put up with me. I do love treats.

Hey, did you see where the treat went?

I can learn to take the treat nice.

Oh, come on now!

Red here. Just a side view, because really don't like the camera. This shows how much braver I am from last week. Gay even took me for a walk and I didn't cower the whole time. It will take a little while, but learning to trust people and I love being pet.

Shucks, you still pointing that camera at me?

They call me Shorty and I'm not ready for anyone yet. I'm a sweet dog, but not really sure of things yet. Plus some horrible photos of me. I'm much cuter in dog.

Maxx here. I sure had fun today.

Here are all my action shots in one --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCoJ_WA1m_8

Sohpia here. Did you know I love hugs. I also had fun at the agility course.

Here are all my action shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSE83CMrUJ0

Thanks for looking and if you or anyone know is interested in adopting, please give one of these guys a chance.

Post Posted: Aug 2, 2017 10:39 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Had the pleasure of photoing Max and Jacob at the agility course today. At the shelter, there were two new dogs, very sweet and they have already been adopted :) Below are some photos and a video including some photos. Please call IMHS at 303-838-2668 if interested in either of these two or to inquiry about the new dogs coming in tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT1YFih1Ukg

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed. Please support IMHS and become a member.

Post Posted: Aug 9, 2017 10:24 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Went to the agility course with Ellen and Carol and most importantly Max. Max is getting so much better, he had fun. I missed when they took Jake, but I still got to spend time with him. Two new dogs were at the shelter today.

If interested in any of these guys, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668.

Jake here, not sure why, as I am a super dog. I would make a great companion for someone and it would be great to have a home and a person. I love people and I'm super smart, check out my previous agility photos and videos.

I love shaking hands.

See you again, unless I get adopted.

They call me Nuka and I'm a very sweet male. I love people and as you can see in my face, I'm a happy dog.

That was a good treat.

I have a nice bod.

Spanky here. I have no idea what that lady was holding, but she kept pointing it at me. What is that clicking noise?

Oh Great - now she is holding my head while she points that thing at me.

Max here. I had fun at agaility today, but would much rather have a home and person to go to. I would be great for an active person that I can run and play with.

Hey wait up!

They had me doing this crazy stuff.

Here is the video of me at the agility course. Shows how smart and how good I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXFszt3CFw

Thanks for watching and if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a dog, please give one of these guys a chance.

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next