It is currently Jan 22, 2018 11:33 am 

Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: **DOGS-DOGS-DOGS--ADOPT!!!** IMHS OPEN DAILY
Post Posted: Jan 5, 2018 2:57 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thank-you Koala :)

I had the pleasure of doing photos at the agility course with Ellen, Gay and Carol. We all had fun. There were only three dogs at the shelter today, so each went to the agility course. Hunter is new, although not new to IMHS. He was one of Journey's puppies from back in May. He was recently returned as the owners were much older and couldn't care for him anymore, he will be a great dog once he learns how to be a puppy and then a dog. Mostly slideshow/videos with some photos posted.
I am told there will be a transfer of quite a few dogs early next week, so I guess I will be busy again next week. Please call IMHS if any questions or interested in any of these very adoptable guys 303-838-2668.

Norman here, my shelter mate, Rocco got adopted. I'm adjusting well, especially today when I went to the agility course. It was my first time and I sure had fun. I think I'll be sleeping good tonight.

And here is the slideshow/video of my day at the agility course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHraWC7oscI

Hunter here. You may not recognize me as I have grown, not quite an adult yet, but close. I was here in May and was still nursing on my Mom, Journey. I was in a home for a long time, but they couldn't keep me anymore and luckily brought me back to IMHS. I need someone that understands puppies and will let me grow to be a good adult dog where I can run and play and mostly be loved and have attention in a forever home.

Here is the slideshow/video of my day at the agility course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eJLaTi7iM

Shaker here. I also went to the agility course. It was fun. They thought I was taller than I am and put up an extra rail, but I couldn't do it.

Here is my slideshow/video of my day at the agility course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxgpQd4wYdc

Hope everyone enjoyed the photos and slideshow/video. We all had as much fun as the dogs did and it is such a good thing for them.

Post Posted: Jan 11, 2018 6:49 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I had the pleasure of taking photos of Lady at the agility course, so a slideshow/video is below. At the time of the video, Lady was available, but after we returned to IMHS, people that were previously looking at her decided to do a tryout, so she is no longer available at this time. Hopefully a loving/forever home. There are three new dogs that came from a Kansas farm and they are quite scared. I sat with them for awhile. They were treat oriented so that helped, too. I felt bad, because I had to use my flash, but they actually were interested and appeared to enjoy the flash so their photos came out OK. The other two new dogs are very sweet and Ginger was playing ball so I made a short little video of her photos playing ball. If any questions or interested in any of these guys, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668.

Some of these guys, not the kansas dogs, but the others will be at an adoption event this Saturday, November 13th, located at 1st and Wadsworth. I think from 10-2pm, but please call the Petsmart at 303-232-0858 to confirm the time. Please visit the event, if you are in the area.

My name is Sox and I don't have much experience with people and was pretty much surviving on my own with my two friends below. I have heard of feral cats, I guess I'm a feral male dog, but I'm not a mean dog, not at all. The lady sat with me for awhile and gave me treats, which I really enjoyed. She let me smell and touch this black thing she had. At first I was nervous when she pointed it at me. Then it made a big bright light which made me curious. Since it didn't hurt me, I kinda enjoyed it as she talked softly to me.

They called me Cinnamon, a very pretty and scared female. Sox pretty much said it all. The lady kept trying to pet us, although it felt good, I was pretty nervous, good thing I was getting treats to offset my nervousness.

They call me Titus and no need to repeat what Sox said. I'm quite handsome, don't you think? The lady kept trying to pet me, too, I would just turn my head and then there she was with a treat.

Cinnamon and I are in the same cage together. Many times she rests her head on my body and falls to sleep.

Ginger here. I'm a super sweet female that loves being pet and playing. The lady was teaching me to actually get the ball and bring it back. First I just ran after the ball, but didn't really know what to do with it. We had fun. I'm excited about going to the adoption event this Saturday, hopefully, I will get a loving forever home.

Here is a short video of me playing ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFhS9LM ... e=youtu.be

You may have caught a glimpse of me in Ginger's video. I'm not much for playing ball, would much rather have my belly rubbed. My name is Sherlock and I'm also going to the adoption event down at Petsmart this Saturday. I bet I will get a home, how can anyone resist?

Maybe I'll see you there.

Here is a partial silly closeup of Ginger and I.

Lady here and at the time of my photos/video, I was available, but when I got back to the shelter the people who previously were interested in me decided they wanted to try me out. So I went home with them. Hopefully, it will work out to be a loving forever home.

These are some action single photos of me. I was amazing, didn't even have to be taught, it was like second nature for me.

And here is the slideshow/video of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M2Df9A ... e=youtu.be

Hope everyone enjoyed the photos and slideshow/videos.

Post Posted: Jan 11, 2018 9:19 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
"Lady" is a natural at agility. :applause: Hope she has now found her forever home. :dog: :love:

Post Posted: Jan 17, 2018 9:54 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
She did Koala, her adoption was finalized today :)

Spent some time with the Kansas dogs and what huge progress in just a week. I couldn't do treats as their tummies are not equipped for so many treats so it was just spending time with them. Sox is progressing the fastest. He actually let me pet him in the beginning and then he rolled around on the cot while I took some photos. Still has a long way to go, but I think he will be a pretty neat pet when he is ready. Cinnamon is a talker and she skitted from me the whole time, but her bark got friendlier as I stayed in with her and continued to talk softly to her. Titus is the most nervous, but I was able to pet him although not sure it was because he let me, but I am pretty sure he enjoyed it. He is a really good dog, but just does not know that people are his friends. There were two new dogs, very sweet and friendly. Please call IMHS at 303-838-2668 if any questions or interested in any of these wonderful dogs.

They call me Kissy and I just arrived this week. I'm a very sweet and friendly male dog. I love sitting on laps and enjoyed sitting on the lady's lap while she was here.
I asked her 'What do you mean you can't take photos of me on your lap?'

That cookie was good.

Now can I sit on your lap?

My name is Ezra. I'm a very friendly and handsome male dog.

Please don't take anymore photos of me, I would much rather you just spend your attention on me.

I guess my pleas are not working?

Well then, I'll just lie over here and wait until you put that stupid camera away.

Yep, it is me Sox, I'm starting to become very comfortable. I like being outside and I'm really starting to like being here.

I'm enjoying rolling around on this cot. I want to play with you, but not sure how 'yet'.

This is me rolling around on the cot.

I am learning and in time I will be ready to have a home with a person.

Cinnamon here. I'm not sure of you just yet. I am a talker, but my talk is different depending on how I feel.

No, you can't pet me - 'yet'.

Titus here and I'm very nervous, I'm not as brave as Cinnamon so this lady was able to pet me. I didn't ask her to, but it actually felt good.

I'm just not sure of you - 'yet'.

I'm nervous, but I know I'm in a safe and good place.

Hope everyone enjoyed the photos. Anyone that is good with dogs learning about people, please visit with these three neat dogs. I think there will be more and more progress each time I see them due to the wonderful staff and volunteers at IMHS.

Post Posted: Jan 17, 2018 10:27 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
gia58 wrote:
She did Koala, her adoption was finalized today :)

:applause: :woot: :cloud9:

Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14