Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Dear Gia: :hugs: The real gift is you. :tree1:

:love:

Post subject: Re: **DOGS-DOGS-DOGS--ADOPT!!!** IMHS OPEN DAILY
Post Posted: Dec 28, 2016 12:36 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Koala, thank-you. It really isn't me, it is all the volunteers and staff at IMHS. It is amazing to see and to watch how each of the animals grows and learns to trust people.

I didn't get to do any new photos today due to getting there late, it being windy and dogs getting ready to come in. I made up for it with the cats, though. I thought I would put together my past photos for the dogs that were there. Happy New Year everyone, hope 2017 treats us all well and these guys find forever homes. Please always come down to the shelter to meet any of these dogs, it is important that you are sure and can judge for yourself if s/he is a fit. Each dog is a rescue dog and patience and training is an important necessity. Thanks.

edited on 1/4/2017 -- removed photos due to updated photos and Kayla and Magnolia were adopted :)

Happy New Year Everyone.

Post Posted: Jan 5, 2017 12:30 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Not sure if everyone knows or remembers when a pregnant dog, Storm, was transferred into the shelter and went immediately to a foster home. Storm then broke away from her lease, ran and the search began. Due to the hard work and effort of some really great volunteers and staff, Storm was soon found. When she was found, she already had her puppies within some trees that she had made into her den. She was quite amazing and if not for the volunteers with their search dogs, she would not have been found as the den she found and made was quite hidden. It is now 6+ weeks later and they are all at the shelter. So needless to say there are a lot of photos today. Here is the link to the topic that IMHS had open when Storm had first run away -- viewtopic.php?f=157&t=215545.

Sadly, I did not have time to take photos of the kitties, but I did get to say hello to all of them.

I have resorted to using my flash indoors, as I just can't get my photos to work well without it. The guys don't seem to mind and if they do, I won't use it. I will be showing Storm, Mom, first as she is the one who did all the work, well, of course the foster family deserves a lot, too :) Then the puppies, there are five black ones and the last four are the grey ones, hopefully you can tell from the photos. There was one other new dog, Fraiser, that is very sweet, I was told he was so timid when he came in on Saturday and it is amazing the difference already. And then the old timers at the shelter, and not in age, because they are just as important :).

Please call the shelter at 303-838-2668 to make an appointment to see these great little guys, they are so much fun. Or if you are interested in any of the doggies. I try to tell about each one in their voice :)

edited on 1/18/2017 -- removed photos

Thanks for looking everyone and I hope it wasn't too overwhelming. A lot of photos, but a lot of doggies :) If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please stop by and visit and get to know these guys. One of them may be the perfect one for you.

Post Posted: Jan 5, 2017 9:31 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Wonderful pictures, Gia. :hugs:

Those puppies are just precious - as are all the dogs - particularly little Cole, :love: (who reminds me of Sophie.)

Post Posted: Jan 5, 2017 11:23 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Koala1
Come and introduce Coal to Sophie, he would LOVE to come home for a tryout with you.
IMHS Staff

Open 7 days/week 11am to 4pm | (Closed on major holidays)

Phone (303) 838-2668
Fax (303) 838-4419

http://imhs.org
Find Us On Facebook
Our Blog
IMHS Second Chance Thrift Shop
Open Tues-Sat 10:30-5:00
303-816-2471

Use Amazon Smiles to donate any time! Our wishlist can be found here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi ... d_succ_mng

Post Posted: Jan 5, 2017 9:05 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Unfortunately I'm an out-of-state Pinecammer who loves to look at the wonderful pictures that Gia posts each week. :angel:

I do hope Coal soon finds his furever home :dog: with someone who adores him as much as I adore my Sophie. :love:

Post Posted: Jan 7, 2017 10:31 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Cole looks like a sweetie. While I am getting close to having another dog, I moved into my travel trailer on 1/1. That puts me out of state until at least June and I'll never have the fenced in yard the shelters want. :(

Post Posted: Jan 12, 2017 12:59 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks Koala and avisitor, your (and my) wishes appear to have come true. I was told Coal got adopted by a family that has two little dogs, great news and keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

I didn't get a photo of Frasier and Serg, today, but they are still at the shelter if someone is interested. There are tons of puppy photos. Last week was the first time they came out publically so we wanted to make sure they were introduced first. The photos from now on will be all of them together just having lots of fun, please refer back to last week's photos to see who is who. I put many photos into a collage, it doesn't have the same impact as the singles, but at least you get to see many different ones.

If you want to meet with these guys, please just call 303-838-2668 to make an appointment. You won't be sorry. They are the cutest little guys, some photos may show a little blood on my hand, but they are teething and very sharp. My photos will show what puppies do, at least some of it.

edited on 1/25/2017 - removed photos

Thanks for looking. As always if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a dog or puppy, please stop by and visit with these guys, one of them just may be perfect for you.

Post Posted: Jan 18, 2017 9:01 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
There were four new dogs at the shelter today. They came in late last week and three of them have already been adopted. Plus all the puppies have been adopted and will all go home after they are fixed on the 31st. Wish all these newly adopted dogs much happiness in their new homes. I apologize, but did not get the name of the remaining new dog, she is all border collie and the sweetest young dog. She just wanted to melt into me. Molly and Sergeant is still at the shelter. Sergeant will need a very strong person to adopt him and a huge place to run around. He is very smart, but is also very dumb, he has a long way to go.

edited on 2/1/2017 -- removed photos -- Serg and Lassie were adopted :)

Thanks for looking everyone. Please give these guys a chance if you are looking to adopt.

Post Posted: Jan 18, 2017 9:44 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Wonderful pictures of the dogs (and cats) as always, Gia. :kewl:

So glad to know that little Coal was adopted :love: along with all of the puppies and many of the dogs from last week.

(Can't help but wonder if your beautiful and descriptive photos may have played a part.) :hugs:

Post Posted: Jan 25, 2017 10:51 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks for your nice compliments Koala :hugs:

Below are the photos of the dogs I took today. They are all really sweet, not perfect, but good dogs. If ever interested in any of the dogs, please stop by and spend time with them to get to know them.

edited on 2/4/2017 - removed photos due to Serg and Lassie getting adopted and updated photos

Thanks for looking everyone. As always if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please give one of these guys a chance. Please visit their website at http://www.imhs.org or call 303-838-7528.

Post Posted: Feb 1, 2017 7:00 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Only Molly and Scout/Mom (not permenant name as yet) were at IMHS today. It was nice having a little break. There are 4 small dogs coming in either tonight or tomorrow, I think all chihuahua mixes (oh boy :) - then 4 other dogs will also be coming in sometime this week, so looks like next week will be busy. Molly had an incident this week, I will let her tell you about it - well, in my observations anyway ;) Since only two dogs, I have a lot of Molly, but I was not able to get any good shots of Scout :( Susan, who is currently working with Scout to help her overcome her shyness and sadness, has a terrific video of Scout and she was playing with a toy and wagging her tail. I will try to get that uploaded so I can share here - almost like a whole different dog when in a home environment - but also means she will go through puppy stage too.

edited on 2/8/2017 - removed photos - Molly was adopted :) and updated photos

Thanks for looking. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt and would be a perfect home for either one of these two fine ladies, please visit with them and give them a chance.

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next