Click here for more information

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: **DOGS-DOGS-DOGS--ADOPT!!!** IMHS OPEN DAILY
Post Posted: Oct 19, 2016 8:45 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks for the chuckle avisiter

I stopped in at the volunteer appreciation event on Saturday and met some of the volunteers. I just want to recognize all the volunteers and staff at IMHS, because they make this a great place for these dogs. When new dogs come in and then I see them again, they are so much better. Each dog learns to adjust so well and each one is taught and loved by each of these people. It really makes me happy to see this, to see these dogs get a chance in life and I just want to say thank-you to all the volunteers and staff at IMHS.

There were four new dogs and they were very new, only a day or two and Buddy only hours. I couldn't get photos of Rodeo, but he is a beautiful looking shepard. He really needs someone that understands dogs and can work with him. He is very new here so I think in time he will be great. Now on to the photos of these amazing creatures. I will try to let them to tell you what I heard and saw :)

edited on 11/2/2016 removed photos - Buddy was adopted :)
edited on 11/16/2016 removed photos - Boots was adopted :)
edited on 11/23/2016 - removed photos - due to updated photos and Dolly getting adopted :)
Edited 11/2/2016 - removed photos - Astro was adopted :)
Edited 11/16/2016 - removed photos - Lupin was adopted :)

Thanks for looking everyone. As I always say if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt a dog, please, please give one of these precious guys a chance.

Post Posted: Oct 26, 2016 10:56 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
It was a full house today. There is only one new dog, a stray from park county and a super sweet girl named Kona. King is on a tryout so please send good wishes his way that he found his forever home. Four dogs were paired up and they were quite fun. Got to be with Rodeo today and he is a super dog, but needs someone that will be strong and respectful of him, someone that knows dogs. Most of these guys will need someone patient that knows dogs and they will flourish. It is hard for these guys, because who knows what their past entails.
A group of girl scouts visited the shelter today and you will see some in the photos with Buddy, who surprisingly is still here.

Edited 11/23/2016 - removed photos - due to updated photos and Lupin, Dolly and Boots getting adopted :)

Edited 11/2/2016 - removed photos - Buddy was adopted :)

Thanks everyone for checking out the photos. As always if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please give one of these guys a chance. For the dogs that need extra attention, if you or someone you know is super knowledgeable about dogs and would be willing to take on a dog to give it a chance to become a dog that they always should've been, please give those guys a chance too.

Post Posted: Nov 2, 2016 9:25 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Very busy at the Shelter today. Both Astro and Buddy got adopted! There were 5 new small size girls at the shelter today, they just arrived last night.

We all arrived yesterday, so we're still settling in. When the lady came to do photos, the other ladies were walking us. The lady probably didn't remember all our names, but that doesn't matter since you have our photos. We are all really super sweet. We would love to have a home and a person to be our guardian.

edited 11/23/2016 - removed photos due to updated photos

Thanks for looking everyone.

Post Posted: Nov 16, 2016 7:30 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Sorry, I missed last week, wasn't feeling well, but better now. Dolly, Lupin, Boots and Rodeo were not at the shelter. Dolly and Boots were adopted and Rodeo is in a good foster home. I'm sure Lupin was also adopted. There was one new little guy, Cole, and a new brindle dog came in just before I left, so only got one photo of him.

edited on 12/13/16 - removed photos due to more updated ones and Astro and Delilah were adopted :)

Thanks for looking everyone. If you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please stop by the shelter and visit with these guys.

Post Posted: Nov 23, 2016 9:30 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
It was a busy day at the shelter today. I had a good time with all of them. Soldier is still pretty new and very smart, he needs to be adopted by a dominant person that is knowledgeable in training. Cole also needs a dominant person, but he is little and much easier to handle. Many times dogs will behave much differently when in a home with their person.

edited on 12/13/16 - removed photos due to more updated ones below

Hope everyone has a wonderfully happy Thanksgiving with family, friends and all your critters. Afterwards if looking to adopt or if you know anyone that is, please check out these guys at the shelter.

Post Posted: Nov 24, 2016 10:23 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I am thankful for what you do for the animals. I hope you have much to be thankful for too. Happy Thanksgiving.

Post Posted: Nov 26, 2016 5:40 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
great pics as usual!!!! Thanks for doing what you do!

Post Posted: Nov 30, 2016 5:59 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks so much avisiter and penguin. I am thankful that I am able to do this (without bringing all of them home) :)

Sadly all the same guys at the shelter. These dogs below are all really good dogs. It is amazing to see the difference in them from when they first came to the shelter. Kona is amazing and I just don't understand why she hasn't been adopted. Cole and Sergeant (mistakenly called him Soldier in previous posts) were getting fixed, so only a few dogs in today's photos. Delilah is still here, see last post, because I couldn't get a good photo of her, she always wants to sit in my lap :)

edited on 12/20/16 - removed photos due to updated ones and Kona and Astro were adopted.

Thanks everyone for looking. As always if you or anyone you know is looking to adopt, please stop by the shelter and give one of these guys a chance.

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2016 11:54 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Sorry I missed last week, but the weather kept me home. When I called to let them know, Susan, super person, let me know that Astro and Delilah were adopted, Cole was hanging up front with her and everyone was doing fine. I went to do photos today, because we are suppose to be getting another storm in tonight/tomorrow and I didn't want to miss another week. Five new dogs were transferred in today so it was a very busy day for all the staff, who are absolutely wonderful. They were all there making sure the new dogs were welcomed and safe. I'm pretty sure these dogs were transferred from a reservation. My heart was breaking as they had no idea how to even take a treat from someone's hand, one photo shows Almec with eyes that show amazement that food is in a person's hand and being given to him - wow!. It appears to me they fended for themselves most of their life and due to their personalities it either made them or broke them, it is obvious who was who. My heart is with happy tears, because these 5 dogs are now given a chance to experience a real pet situation where there is love and caring, from what I saw in these dogs, they more than deserve this chance. So with no more said, there are a lot of photos today - hope you all enjoy :)

edited on 12/27/2016 - removed photos for updated ones

Thanks everyone for checking these guys out and sorry about the overwhelm of photos, but wanted to make sure I included everyone. If you or anyone you know is interested in adopting, please give one of these guys a chance. It is very important that you come and visit with them to make sure you are committed to adopting these guys or any pet. It is very unproductive and sad when a pet has to be surrended so it is important to be sure when you adopt. This is in general and by no means toward anyone - unless you have returned pets over and over again, then it is for you.

Post Posted: Dec 15, 2016 10:01 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Great photographs! you do a wonderful service

Post Posted: Dec 16, 2016 4:36 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Great pics. I'm so shocked that Kona has not been adopted yet, she is such a sweetheart. She walks well on a leash, loves going for car rides, and is an all around super dog!

Post Posted: Dec 20, 2016 9:00 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks very much musicianfriend and Penguin. As you know Penguin, Kona was finally adopted :) I'm very happy for her, she is a super dog. Also Almec and Luke Skywalker were adopted, very happy for them too. OB1 is currently in a foster home which is a really good thing as he needs some extra attention.

Normally I do photos on Wednesday but with my favorite person, Mother in Law, coming tomorrow, I went today.

I tried to do a little something different for Christmas - it continues into the 'cats' topic :). Coal was not feeling well today, so I only got one of him, it is dangerous because he pulls on my heart strings so much, but I need to be strong, knowing he is in a good place helps. I couldn't get any good ones of Magnolia either, so they only have one each.

edited 1/4/2017 -- removed photos due to updated ones and Kayla and Magnolia were adopted :)

Thanks for looking. Hope everyone has a wonderfully merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous 2017. And that as many dogs and cats find homes as is possible.

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next