It is currently Jan 20, 2020 3:08 am 

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: IMHS
Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 12:45 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
So, I went through some closets and found some things I haven’t wore in years. Not a lot but some heavy coats, wool pants, etc. that I don’t need. All clean and ready to wear. I fold them up and take them to IMHS. I’ve donated to them before but NO MORE!!!

The woman behind the counter told me in a condescending voice and tone that they only accept donations on Tuesdays. “Well just look at the stuff and if you are interested in them okay keep them.” I’m too busy to look at them now. I didn’t say it but should have, look you bit** you’re standing behind the counter with your thumb up your @#$%^. Just take a look. I’m too busy. Okay fine I go right past Mountain Waste Transfer Station on the way home. No response. I’m getting too old for this crap. You run a Thrift Store to support your efforts to adopt pets but you’re too busy to take a donation? The Salvation Army was more than glad to accept my donation and I’m sure that they will see that the things go to deserving people.

"Its easy to go down into hell; night and day the gates of dark death stand wide; but to climb back up again; to retrace one's steps to the open air, there lies the problem, the difficult task, ..." Virgil: The Aeneid

Post subject: Re: IMHS
Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 1:13 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Yes Snowy, we have had another type of bad experience there a few years ago.
Sad, but the animals in need are the one taking the hit on it with less funding for their needs.
I just don't get it. :thud:

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 1:48 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We, too, had a different issue and after a time had to take our support elsewhere. We had been donors for decades. The situation was sad for us, but we have moved on.
BGRs

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 3:27 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I donate to the thrift store in Bailey, or the EAPL thrift store in Evergreen

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 3:28 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
How very disappointing. I have had nothing but good experiences both with donating and shopping.
I hope you don't give up on them. I think the shop is volunteer staffed.

I have also had a very good experience with adopting from their shelter recently.

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 4:18 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks Redcat.
It is so sad that some have had a bad experience and I do hope the majority of people have had good experiences as myself and continue to donate to the IMHS thrift store. I think they are a great organization. Sometimes the volunteers may just have a bad day. I will try to relay this to the people I know there.
They do have a huge sign that says they only accept donations on Tuesdays and Thursdays (and I think Saturdays). A friend of mine did start taking their donated items to the thrift store in Bailey, since they accept donations every day. They are also a really great thrift store as Catwhisperer has said. I bet EAPL is also, although I haven't been there as yet, but most important EAPL's thrift store is also to support their animals for adoption.
Please do not give up on IMHS, they are a great organization and the animals need everyone's support. I wish I could fix the bad experiences the people here had. Please again don't give up on them. Thanks.

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 4:36 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
When does the "bad" experience out weight the good of the purpose? I would suggest that the "bad" experience is very harmful to the good of the purpose. Not sure of the answer, but would look at the "structure" of the organization https://www.imhs.org/board-of-directorsceiving

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 4:38 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
IMHS is my first choice for donations. I didn't get there until after 4pm recently, but they were pleased to accept my stuff.

As an aside though, for us less than physically fit people, I do wish I didn't have to climb those rickety stairs.

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 4:48 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks ChampagneAbby. There is some good news. They will be expanding the thrift store to the first floor so that should help some in the future. That is another reason my friend switched to the store in Bailey. Otherwise, she would go all the way up the stairs to ask for help and they would carry the donated stuff up for her.

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 6:45 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I have had only good experiences...

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 6:53 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Okay, maybe I’m a cranky old man but still if you’re running a business based on donations I would imagine that you would welcome donations at any time. The retail price of the stuff I tried to donate was well over $500.00 and they would have sold the lot for $50.00. It still frosts me. Bad staff day? Maybe you shouldn’t be in a position that interacts with the public.

Where’s this place in in Bailey? I’d like to donate things up in my area.

"Its easy to go down into hell; night and day the gates of dark death stand wide; but to climb back up again; to retrace one's steps to the open air, there lies the problem, the difficult task, ..." Virgil: The Aeneid

Post Posted: Dec 13, 2019 7:34 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
It is on the right off of 285 in Bailey before the gas station and after Knotty Pine. Here is their link -- https://www.pccpresale-boutique.org/. Also on the Pinecam Home page it lists the local Thrift stores on the lower left hand side of the page right under the CDOT road signs.
We all have bad days and when two people interacting have bad days it just turns worse. Sorry, understand, but can only ask that people continue to support and try to understand there may be reasons for things.

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next