It is currently Sep 21, 2017 10:35 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: TSAC is Supporting a NEW unit of Special Ops Marines!
Post Posted: Aug 20, 2017 1:53 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
FIRST things FIRST!

THANK ALL of you who have helped TSAC support military units on deployment in active combat zones!
Our last unit of Special Operations Marines returned home safely over a month ago!
GOD Bless then all!

I just had contact with the Commanding Officer of that unit's replacement team.
This NEW replacement team was told by the Marines being relieved about how generously they were supported by TSAC!
NOW I am asking all of you to help TSAC keep up the good work and bring smiles to the new team currently settled in to rough living conditions near the "HOT" edge of combat operations.

Here is the email communication from the Team Commander of the NEW Team:
(Names and other critical information is omitted (xxx) for security reasons.)
Mike,
I just received your letter regarding some care packages for the guys out here. I'm glad the last guys passed my contact info along to you, they said the packages the were receiving from you were a huge help and full of great stuff. I'm the Team Commander for the Marine Special Operations Team (MSOT) that replaced the last team. I would be more than happy to serve as a point of contact for continued shipments of those packages. Stick with sending whatever you were sending the last guys and I'll let you know if the guys here have any special requests that you might be able to accommodate. We'll be living in a pretty austere environment for the foreseeable future, coffee, beef jerky, and trail mix / healthy snack foods would go a long way.
I genuinely appreciate you reaching out to us and providing the support from back home!
Zxxk
MSOT xxxx

With reference to "living in a pretty austere environment", we will NOT be sending microwave popcorn.
As for"healthy snack foods", we will NOT be stuffing the boxes with candy.
TSAC WILL go heavy on trail mix, energy bars, good ground coffee, plastic jars of peanut butter, tubs of powdered drink mix, bags (or plastic tubs) of peanuts and mixed nuts, and LOTS of "baby wipes" which are in serious need in "austere living conditions"!

If you would like to offer any of these items for the Marines on this Team, please drop them in the colorful TSAC collection box located outside the door of King Soopers in Aspen Park to the west near the Blue Rhino propane bottles.
TSAC is most happy to be your direct pipeline to these troops.

If you would like to contribute cash to help with postage (Large Priority Flat Rate Box now costs TSAC $17.35 each), please send your check payable to:
TSAC
P.O. Box 1238
Bailey,
CO 80421-1238

Here is what those Flat Rate boxes look like as they left Bailey last Monday, August 14, 2017, headed to our newest unit!

Thank you again for all the help you have given to the troops in the past!
TSAC can't support all of them - but TSAC can make a BIG difference to a few selected units with whom we cam make contact.

BGR and the TSAC Team

Post subject: Re: TSAC is Supporting a NEW unit of Special Ops Marines!
Post Posted: Aug 20, 2017 2:37 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
:love: :USA:

Post Posted: Aug 21, 2017 11:34 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Mike,
Great Job. The Marine unit is my favorite since I was in the Marine Corps during the Korean conflict. How do I contribute money????
Grampapooh Jerry Humphrey

Post Posted: Aug 21, 2017 11:41 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Mike,
Sorry about that I just read the mailing address. So I will be sending to that address.

Post Posted: Aug 21, 2017 1:26 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thank you!!

Post Posted: Aug 29, 2017 1:46 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Another shipment of boxes went into the mail TODAY!
Here is a photo of BGR and RailBuf with 11 Priority Flat Rate boxes headed into the Bailey Post Office.

The items in this shipment include ground coffee, powdered drink mix, trail mix, plastic tubs of mixed nuts and peanuts, coffee creamer powder, beef jerky, energy bars, vitamin C powder packets, and a good supply of baby wipes.
(That last item is very important when our Marines are living and working in "austere" conditions (meaning no flush toilets or showers).
These are Special Operations Marines and they can't go to Starbucks when they come off a mission!

This shipment had 134 pounds of goods in these boxes and cost TSAC $190.85 in postage!
This is made possible because of YOU out in Pinecamland who care enough to depend on TSAC to get your donations to these Marines.

Look for the colorful TSAC collection box just west of the door to King Soopers in Aspen Park - over by the Blue Rhino propane bottles.
Put goods similar to those mentioned above in that box and we will pick them up and get them off to these Marines.

If you have a small bit of $$ to send, please make your checks payable to TSAC and mail them to P.O. Box 1238, Bailey, CO 80421-1238.
Every little donation helps and makes a difference!

THANK YOU again for your interest and caring for our Marines!
BGR

Post Posted: Sep 3, 2017 12:01 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Here is the "latest" communication from the "sandbox" and our SpecOps Marines!

Mike,
We've been living out in the sand for the past few weeks and weren't able to get mail until today. We received all 8 boxes and they were in great condition. I wish you could have seen the faces of the guys when they opened that box of coffee, y'all are heroes right now. The contents were great, the baby wipes were much needed.
Most of the healthy food will get eating very quickly. I have one or two guys that'll eat the candy, but we live off MREs and a bunch of low-quality nutrition stuff most of the time just by virtue of being out in the field and on the move. I think the Tuna and granola/fig bars are perfect. That's the kind of food we're really looking for.
The only additional request I got from the guys was beef jerky. We have a hard time getting sufficient protein in our diets. When we live with the locals it's pretty much rice every meal. MREs are all processed carbs and those are our only two options right now. Beef jerky would be a huge hit.
The team is incredibly grateful for your support. Send our thanks to the rest of the crew involved with putting the packages together!

Zack

Indicated here is that they just got the first batch of eight boxes shipped in mid August.
As noted in the post just above this, they still have 11 more boxes somewhere in the pipeline.
There are four more bags of Kirkland (Costco) brand "Steak Strips" in those next boxes!

That YOU and TSAC can bring good cheer to those Marines is about as much as we can ask!
Thanks for your support!

BGR and TSAC

Post Posted: Sep 3, 2017 12:29 pm 
Such GOOD NEWS! :hugegrin:

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]