It is currently Dec 17, 2017 2:24 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Urgent! Need a Veterinary Opthalmologist!
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 2:00 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
We took our lab to CSU. They were wonderful Keep us posted.

Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 8:56 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Wow, thanks for the CSU idea! I'll definitely be looking into that. VRCC is so great, but even they have admitted that their expensive! They took a bone marrow sample yesterday to determine whether it's myeloma or lymphoma- but either way, the initial round of chemo is the same, so she had her first treatment yesterday. I'm still terrified and heart broken, but now I at least feel like we're moving forward. She's acting completely normal now that the pressure in her eye is down and she's not in pain. Hard to imagine that she's running around with cancer.

Also, thank you for the extra info about Care credit! I'm definitely going look into that as well.

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 8:55 am 
We had to do Care Credit when our cocker needed eye stuff. I forget the name but in Denver and name has changed now. They are wonderful too. They were off 6th Avenue.

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 9:07 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Amazing how resilient animals are and we humans go to bed with a hang nail :) I am pleased to see you have a plan of action. That in itself should relieve a little stress. The not knowing is the worst.

I wish you guys the best in this journey. We hope you will continue to post and let us know how things are going and if we can do anything for you.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Feb 23, 2017 9:31 am 
Yes for sure. Keep us posted.

Post subject: Save Sweet Sadie!
Post Posted: Mar 5, 2017 7:07 pm 
Hey there fellow Pinecammers! I just got the go ahead from the administrators to post this. We have started a GoFundMe for Sadie's chemotherapy costs:

https://www.gofundme.com/save-sweet-sadie

You all have already been so supportive, and were able to help us get care for her when all of this initially started by pointing us in the right direction on a Sunday- we are forever grateful! We are sharing this link everywhere. Her chemo is so expensive, and the waiting list for CSU is extremely long. We just want to be sure that we have to miss any of her treatments because of the high costs (sometimes $600 a week!) According to her oncologist, her prognosis is good, and they believe it's very much worth fighting this cancer! Please feel free to pass along our link to all animal lovers. We'll also be doing a fundraising event for her in March. Once we get through this, we plan to pay it forward somehow.

Again, we are already so thankful for the support we have found in this community. So lucky to live here!

Post subject: Re: Save Sweet Sadie!
Post Posted: Mar 5, 2017 10:26 pm 
for those of you that may not connect the dots, this is the same Sadie as in this post

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=217110

Please give if you can, every bit helps.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Mar 6, 2017 9:11 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Is there anyway people can give directly to the vet/oncologists - can you share who they are?

Post subject: Save Sweet Sadie! Music Benefit/Fundraiser!
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2017 2:37 pm 
Hey there neighbors! We are doing a music benefit fundraiser this coming Saturday at Tennyson's Tap in Denver. Local musician's Heavy, Timbo & Deb will be joined by guest musicians from 3:00PM-6:00PM, and then Dave Frisk will take the stage from 6:00PM-8:00PM. Both Heavy (KPBI's Heavyman from back in the day) and Dave Frisk used to play frequently at the Woodside and the Bucksnort, and even at the Rhubarb Festival in Pine! This is a family-friendly event, and children are welcome. There will be food available for a suggested donation, as well as a silent auction. All proceeds will go towards Sadie's cancer treatment costs.

Sadie has been responding very well to her treatments, and her lab work continues to normalize! Her oncologist said that if we can beat this cancer, we can likely expect her to live her full life expectancy without any major long-term complications. She's getting used to life with only one eye, but it doesn't seem to hold her back much. She energetic as ever, and has even been putting her weight back on!

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4