It is currently Nov 20, 2018 4:30 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Very sad
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 12:21 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
If anyone knows of an animal hospital that will take payments, please let me know.
Our 5 year old Sheltie was diagnosed with probable IMHA (Immune Mediated Hemalitic Anemia) on August 1, 2005. She was started on steroids, antibiotics and tagamet and has gotten worse through the week so I took her back to the vet and I was told I needed to take her to Wheatridge Animal Hospital because she is too sick for them to treat her here. He said she needs a blood transfusion. I have no money right now and need to be on a payment plan. Wheatridge refused to see her and referred me to Harrison Memorial, Maxfund, and the Colorado Humane Society all of which refused to see her also because I am unable to pay upfront cash. It is not easy watching your pet quickly go down in health and not be able to do anything to help.

" Horses are in almost every breath I take and watching them run and dance in the field takes my breath away. "

Last edited by wildiris on Aug 6, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 1:05 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I am sorry to hear about your Sheltie. I don't know of any animal hospitals that take payments but I do know of a thing called glyconutrients. It is a revolutionary new technology that has just come out in the past 10 years. My aunt who is a vet uses the products on all her patients and has a lot of success with them. I personally use them on my cats and ferrets. If any of this interests you send me a message, I'll try to help in anyway that I can. Hope everything goes well.

~*Kayla*~

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 1:38 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Our Skipperke has an auto-immune problem called (I am spelling this fanatically)Pmeficas floliacias he lost all is hair but is now doing pretty good (hair grew back).

Please call me if you would like more information. Our dogie dermatologist works out of Deer Creek Animal Hospital. I am not sure if they will take payments but they are very understanding.

Maverick is still taking a lot of medication and will for the rest of his life but he is feeling a lot better.

Kim

303-838-0930

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 4:32 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Location: There's no place like home.. There's no place like home...
You might try the Vet Referral Center of Colorado, I think they will take an up-front payment via credit card and offer some payment options. Their number is303-874-7387. If they can't help you they would at least have more names of places that might. Good luck!

Post subject: Sorry to hear
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 5:34 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
this is so wrong, not to see an animal without complete payment up front!!!

It is for this reason i want to and plan to start a non-profit that WILL help pay emergency vet bills for seriously ill animals....

good luck to you... I'll be praying for your puppy

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 5:44 pm 
Have you tried all the local vets? Evergreen Vet, or Dr Manobla, they might be more accomodating to a local resident than the Vets "down the hill". Just a thought. I'm sorry about your sheltie. We lost both our kitties last year, to illnesses that were not curable. I stll miss them terribly.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 7:13 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
After being turned down by everyone that was referred to me (that supposedly took payments) I called my vet again very distressed over the matter. The receptionist then told me to try EAPL. EAPL returned my call and were more than willing to do what they could to help me. I took our Sheltie to Wheatridge and they did another blood test along with an ultrasound and found a very large mass in her abdomen that was obstructing her liver and gallbladder. The cancer probably had metastisized already, not very common in a dog of only 5. There was nothing more we could do for her so we put her to rest. I feel much better now that I know what was wrong and that we did all we could for her. I am especially very grateful for EAPL's help. The staff and vet who took care of us at Wheatridge Animal were exceptional. We will miss our dear friend Sasha immensely!

" Horses are in almost every breath I take and watching them run and dance in the field takes my breath away. "

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 7:25 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Wildiris
You absolutely did the correct thing. Sasha is now over the rainbow with some really fantastic friends. Trust me she will come back to you in your dreams

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 7:29 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Iris, I am really sorry about your sheltie. You sure did everything you could. I have had two shelties... really nice dogs.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 8:31 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
It has been a very long and stressful day for us. My 12 yr old daughter is taking it very hard. We brought Sasha home to bury her on our property. She's walking around with Sash's dog collar and tags so I keep thinking it's Sasha when I hear the jingling of the tags.
Thanks for everyone's support!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 8:50 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Sorry for your loss, Wildiris. As mentioned, Sasha is in a beautiful place now and is will be waiting there with tongue hanging out and tail wagging when you get home to her.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 6, 2005 8:54 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I'm sorry I didn't get here fast enough to tell you about Evergreen Animal Protective League. They helped us when our Golden/Shepherd mutt had bowel problems and I was out of a job. I feel so sad. I wish I could have done more.

As one who has lost more than one dog, I can say the pain will ease in time. But time is still to come. My condolences.

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next