It is currently Dec 8, 2019 10:53 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 12, 2006 11:08 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
The eyes say it all, don't they?

These rescued pups just know and appreciate. Unbelievable!

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 17, 2006 7:20 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
OK, just got done crying - thankfully I wasn't at work. I think we need a little emoticon or something we can add to our subject/topic line that indicates that the post is a tear jerker so we can be prepared. YEAH for Yoda's new happy home with r1-6s.

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 19, 2006 7:53 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
More tears! Some people just shouldn't have pets.
I just rescued a border collie. 12 weeks old. Family didn't want him anymore and were just ignoring the little guy, shut in the yard. 2 weeks ago he wouldn't look at me and didn't wag his tail too much and seemed shy to do much of anything. Now he is all over the place, tail in constant motion. He got over his car sickness and races to the car whenever we go outside. now..he knows we are gonna do something fun.
Thank you to everyone who rescue's an animal :-)
I'm looking for a big sister for him. If you know of one...let me know.

"You can tell a horse owner by the interior of their car. Boots, mud, pony nuts, straw, items of tack and a screwed up waxed jacket of incredible antiquity. There is normally a top layer of children and dogs." Helen Thompson

Post subject: Mastif
Post Posted: May 19, 2006 8:10 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Good job r-s,

What a wonderful thing you've done for the life of your adopted friend. WE DO need more people out there like you.
I rescued two Great Pyrenees, and one was a show dog his owner abused and negelected. The other was considered a nuisance so they were going to have her exterminated.
Good show!!!! There sre many mastiff rescues, one is www.1-800-Save-A-Pet.com . Another is www.nextdaypets.com . They list one in Co Springs, and another in Lyons, CO.

Good luck in finding a playpal.

:hugegrin:

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 19, 2006 9:41 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
When we rescued our dog he was afraid of everything. I like to garden, but every time I picked up a shovel, hoe, or rake the dog would tuck his tail and find a hidy hole.

Told my husband, he will either always be neurotic or turn out the be one of the best dogs we have ever had.

He is one of the best dogs we have ever had, but it took him awhile to trust us after the abuse he suffered. Now I can't get his nose outta my butt. LOVE IT!

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 20, 2006 7:33 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
8O

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 20, 2006 10:50 am 
He is so cute! I'm sure he's the happiest dog...

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 22, 2006 4:28 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Reposting:

Guess that did sound rather strange, JM. Butt, (tee hee) you know what I meant.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
bump

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 16, 2007 4:03 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
My dog Yoda.....11 years old, was put to sleep on Tuesday morning. He had a tumor in his chest and started to pee and poop blood. He lost 20 pounds in a month. Took him to the vet Tuesday afternoon. Wasn't good news. Vet said she didnt have a freezer big enough if I put him to sleep, but to bring him back in the morning if I wanted to put him to sleep. She said to bring him home for the nite and to give him a good dinner and give him lots of love and affection for the nite. I brought him home for the nite and eed him chicken and a McDonalds apple pie. It was a long nite with taking him out to pee and poop so many times. All nite, I rubbed and patted him. At one point, I told Yoda....I just moved 2000 miles with you from Denver to Florida 3 months ago........after all that, don't die on me!!!! In the morning, he was weak from losing blood. He wasn't eating or wagging his tail. At 9am, I took him to the vet, he walked to the car by himself and got in the back seat. When we got there, he got out, stood up but couldn't walk anymore so I had to carry him to the vet. They put us in a room. Yoda layed down. Wouldnt get up off the floor, even if I called him. The doctor came in and she knew I brought him in to put him to sleep. Of course I was in tears and felt stupid crying. They were all very nice there. She asked if I walked to stay or leave. I said I wanted to leave. As I stood up from the chair and started to walk out, Yoda stood up!!!!.....stood up and tried to follow me out! He was weak and didn't want to stand or walk couples minutes before...but when I walked out of the room, he stood up and tried to FOLLOW ME......and I heard the doctor say to him "stay boy". It was HORRIBLE! I adopted Yoda when he was 5. He was severly abused by someone else. Everynite he has slept with me on a pillow next to me. The first nite without him next to me on the pillow was horrible. If i could only explain what an empty and sad feeling it was inside me. i just try to think now he's in doggie heaven playing with all those other dogs.....he's not sick, not being abused and doesn't have a worry in the world!!!!! I just wanted to share my loss. I just moved to Florida 3 months ago and doing well otherwise. Everyone take care!!

make sure you read the original post i wrote up on page 1 of this post. his pictures on there.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 16, 2007 4:30 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
My sympathies to you. Nothing anyone can say will take the pain of your loss away, but it sounds like you did each other a great service, with your rescuing him and giving him a new life, and it sounds like he may have done the same for you. Cherish those memories!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 16, 2007 4:48 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
What a handsome boy! A lot of us do know how empty you feel. :(

The very best, and most important part of Yoda's life, though, is that you rescued him, and proved to him for 6 years that not all humans are to be feared, and hated.

You gave him care, and loved him, which he probably had never experienced before.

Here is a very nice version of "The Rainbow Bridge." Warning -- it will make you cry, but it is beautiful:

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

And don't ever feel embarrassed about crying over a loved one. It is a terrible loss that you feel very deeply. The only normal thing to do is cry. :cry:

With time, you will remember the happy times more than you will remember his end. But it does take time.

If you need anything, or just to talk, a whole bunch of us are here for you.

We are all in this together. Not a few of us, but all of us.

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next