It is currently Dec 11, 2019 5:04 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 17, 2007 5:26 pm 
New Poster
I went right out and got myself a new puppy and now he's my best friend.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 18, 2007 6:17 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. Yoda was blessed by your love and kindness and returned the love and blessings to you. Thank you for rescuing Yoda and giving him a loving home for all these years. The first part of his life may have been horror but the second half was love and kindness. You are a hero.

I too rescued abused dogs. I might have saved their lives but they also saved my life. They are so grateful to be rescued and loved and spoiled, that they love us back in the most amazing ways. I had to put down my Spencer three weeks ago but I still talk about him in the present tense. He is still very much alive in my heart. Our loving dogs are patiently waiting for us over the Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you for sharing your love of Yoda (I love that name btw). Thank you for being a kind and gentle soul. Let the love live on ...

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2007 4:32 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
how come it says yoda was put to sleep if he wasnt?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2007 4:33 pm 
wut Im CONFUZZZLLLLLED!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2007 4:41 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I wouldn't want r123456s to have to go through telling this again. It helps to read the entire thread before becoming "confuzzled". So many here on Pinecam have said goodbye to beloved friends this year- it just points out the many years of loving companionship we have all been lucky enough to enjoy. It is a sad truth that when we accept a loving 4-legged friend into our lives at some point we will be mourning their loss. But it is so very worth it in every second of loving friendship we are privileged enough to enjoy.

r123456s wrote:
My dog Yoda.....11 years old, was put to sleep on Tuesday morning. He had a tumor in his chest and started to pee and poop blood. He lost 20 pounds in a month. Took him to the vet Tuesday afternoon. Wasn't good news. Vet said she didnt have a freezer big enough if I put him to sleep, but to bring him back in the morning if I wanted to put him to sleep. She said to bring him home for the nite and to give him a good dinner and give him lots of love and affection for the nite. I brought him home for the nite and eed him chicken and a McDonalds apple pie. It was a long nite with taking him out to pee and poop so many times. All nite, I rubbed and patted him. At one point, I told Yoda....I just moved 2000 miles with you from Denver to Florida 3 months ago........after all that, don't die on me!!!! In the morning, he was weak from losing blood. He wasn't eating or wagging his tail. At 9am, I took him to the vet, he walked to the car by himself and got in the back seat. When we got there, he got out, stood up but couldn't walk anymore so I had to carry him to the vet. They put us in a room. Yoda layed down. Wouldnt get up off the floor, even if I called him. The doctor came in and she knew I brought him in to put him to sleep. Of course I was in tears and felt stupid crying. They were all very nice there. She asked if I walked to stay or leave. I said I wanted to leave. As I stood up from the chair and started to walk out, Yoda stood up!!!!.....stood up and tried to follow me out! He was weak and didn't want to stand or walk couples minutes before...but when I walked out of the room, he stood up and tried to FOLLOW ME......and I heard the doctor say to him "stay boy". It was HORRIBLE! I adopted Yoda when he was 5. He was severly abused by someone else. Everynite he has slept with me on a pillow next to me. The first nite without him next to me on the pillow was horrible. If i could only explain what an empty and sad feeling it was inside me. i just try to think now he's in doggie heaven playing with all those other dogs.....he's not sick, not being abused and doesn't have a worry in the world!!!!! I just wanted to share my loss. I just moved to Florida 3 months ago and doing well otherwise. Everyone take care!!

make sure you read the original post i wrote up on page 1 of this post. his pictures on there.

Last edited by monkeygirl on Aug 19, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2007 4:44 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
This thread was started in August of 2005 and it's author was telling us about this dog and his history at that time. Now, 2 years later he is adding to the original post because the dog became ill and he had to put him to sleep. There are dates at the top of each post to help you follow the time table of the posts. Yoda was put to sleep.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2007 5:30 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
This is an unfortunate opportunity for you, hot_cookeez, to see that when someone is in a lot of pain, you should tread lightly, and be very, very careful to not do anything to make it worse.

It's a hard lesson to learn. Most of us learn it the hard way, too.

We are all in this together. Not a few of us, but all of us.

Last edited by aspenleaf on Aug 20, 2007 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 20, 2007 4:48 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
r123456s

How r u doing today? Sending you hugs.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 22, 2007 5:31 pm 
I'm so sorry for your loss. We love them so much & don't have them long enough. I cried just reading the first part in you two finding each other & you losing him. You gave him a GREAT life & you should feel very good about that. He will be waiting for you at "Rainbow Bridge"

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4