It is currently Sep 22, 2018 7:15 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Why Is Your Dog On My Porch At 11:41 p.m.? Harris Park
Post Posted: May 4, 2018 11:48 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I let my dog out onto my deck and a giant dog wearing an orange bandana was on my porch at 11:41 p.m. in Harris Park. Dog was human skidish so I let him off the deck - couldn't get close enough to read his tag without possibly getting bit, dog gave me a look that I didn't like and I'm a dog person

For real BE RESPONSIBLE for your animal, who in the heck lets their dog out to go this time of night and regardless my yard is fenced and not a bathroom for your dog. Hopefully it doesn't get hit by a car or eaten by a mountain lion or bear. Seriously negligent ownership!

Post subject: Re: Why Is Your Dog On My Porch At 11:41 p.m.? Harris Park
Post Posted: May 5, 2018 1:19 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Happy2B wrote:

For real BE RESPONSIBLE for your animal, who in the heck lets their dog out to go this time of night and regardless my yard is fenced and not a bathroom for your dog. Seriously negligent ownership!

Wow...your dog must be perfect if it's never needed to relieve himself in the middle of the night. One of my dogs is a senior and if he needs out...he's going out. Last thing I want is clean a mess on the carpet.

So the dog got loose....has it done this before? If not, you have no room to b****. Dogs are dogs and sometimes they just don't think and they get in trouble. I don't see how you can accuse the owner of "Seriously negligent ownership"! Perhaps the city would be better for you if you can't accept the fact that animals are going to s*** in your yard.

I rarely rant on this forum, but this post is ridiculous.

Your moniker doesn't fit your personality.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 5:03 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Happy2B wrote:
... who in the heck lets their dog out to go this time of night...

Let me think about it, oh I know...

Happy2B wrote:
I let my dog out...

So what exactly has you upset? All our neighbors' dogs all know to come to our house when they get out because we're nice and dog friendly, some are even comfortable enough to come in the dog door or "knock".

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 5:56 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I’m so tired of the excuse that us “mountain folk” don’t have to follow rules and leash laws regarding dogs. The fact that your dog is voice command trained is not an acceptable excuse to not leash him on trails or to let him run loose on others properly. It’s for the safety of your pet, and mine. As a shelter volunteer, I see so many dogs come in as strays because their owners thought it was fine for them to run free. These dogs come in scared, cold, and often injured. If you aren’t concerned about traffic, predatory animals, or the non dog-friendly neighbor with a shotgun, consider the well being of MY pet, who is always leashed on trails and never leaves our deck or property unattended. Encountering your unleashed dog on my property creates a dangerous situation as he is going to protect his turf.

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 6:51 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
:yeah that:

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 7:11 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
bdogsgal wrote:
Happy2B wrote:

For real BE RESPONSIBLE for your animal, who in the heck lets their dog out to go this time of night and regardless my yard is fenced and not a bathroom for your dog. Seriously negligent ownership!

Wow...your dog must be perfect if it's never needed to relieve himself in the middle of the night. One of my dogs is a senior and if he needs out...he's going out. Last thing I want is clean a mess on the carpet.

So the dog got loose....has it done this before? If not, you have no room to b****. Dogs are dogs and sometimes they just don't think and they get in trouble. I don't see how you can accuse the owner of "Seriously negligent ownership"! Perhaps the city would be better for you if you can't accept the fact that animals are going to s*** in your yard.

1st bdogsgal, nice EDIT to my comment, taking an entire sentence out.

When a dog climbs the stairs onto my deck over barriers to attack my dog on my deck at 11:41 p.m. and then is back on my deck at 1:10 a.m. that is VERY UNCOOL! My dog is 14 and has health problems and was attacked by a dog 4 times her size on MY property!

I have a photo, if it attacks my dog again I will take whatever action to protect my dog and I will call animal control .

bdogsgal if you let your dog out to sh-t in other peoples yard in the middle of the night, you are not a nice person. I pick up my dog waste, keep my dogs in a fenced yard. If you think that because you live in the mountains you can be a bad neighbor and your dog has a right to attack other peoples dogs properly contained on THEIR OWN PROPERTY, you need to GET REAL.

It and the dog that followed it by 10 minutes, who stayed out in the yard at least, have both been through my property more than once so somebody turns their dogs out to go roam the neighborhood, do their business elsewhere and then come home. That is a negligent owner, negligent of caring about anyone but themselves and that is what lots of people moved up here to get away from!

DogRunner wrote:
Happy2B wrote:
... who in the heck lets their dog out to go this time of night...

Let me think about it, oh I know...

Happy2B wrote:
I let my dog out...

So what exactly has you upset? All our neighbors' dogs all know to come to our house when they get out because we're nice and dog friendly, some are even comfortable enough to come in the dog door or "knock".

I am upset that my dog was attacked on my property because she had to go out.

Last edited by Happy2B on May 5, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 7:48 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Chief Ouray wrote:
I’m so tired of the excuse that us “mountain folk” don’t have to follow rules and leash laws regarding dogs. The fact that your dog is voice command trained is not an acceptable excuse to not leash him on trails or to let him run loose on others properly. It’s for the safety of your pet, and mine. As a shelter volunteer, I see so many dogs come in as strays because their owners thought it was fine for them to run free. These dogs come in scared, cold, and often injured. If you aren’t concerned about traffic, predatory animals, or the non dog-friendly neighbor with a shotgun, consider the well being of MY pet, who is always leashed on trails and never leaves our deck or property unattended. Encountering your unleashed dog on my property creates a dangerous situation as he is going to protect his turf.

You are an intelligent individual, I appreciate your post because you eloquently stated the situation. I love dogs, I contribute to the shelters when I can and also catch dogs that have gotten out to keep them safe until their owners can come get them. Never has anyone told me that I was an a-hole for doing so, I have always been thanked.

As for "The Old Guard" telling somebody to move back to city to accommodate their idea of mountain living, that is ludicrous. With the influx of new residents into our area people need to have manners and learn to share and respect others, not tell them they are ridiculous, have no right to b**** and go back to the city.

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 9:22 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Chief Ouray wrote:

Plus up here, even if your dog is voiced trained, they can chase after a deer or something and be gone forever. Or go after a fawn. It's not hard to use a leash or get a dog lead to keep them on your property. I think you are using "mountain folk" as an excuse to be irresponsible.

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 10:06 am 
Chief Ouray wrote:
The fact that your dog is voice command trained is not an acceptable excuse to not leash him on trails or to let him run loose on others properly. It’s for the safety of your pet, and mine.

I agree, dogs running loose is not acceptable. My point was that dog's sometimes have a way of sneaking out the door or getting out of the yard. That's why I asked if it was the first time this dog showed up.

happy2b wrote:

No edit, just quoting what is pertinent.

happy2b wrote:

You never mentioned anything in the original post about your dog being attacked.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 10:26 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
bdogsgal wrote:
Chief Ouray wrote:
The fact that your dog is voice command trained is not an acceptable excuse to not leash him on trails or to let him run loose on others properly. It’s for the safety of your pet, and mine.

I agree, dogs running loose is not acceptable. My point was that dog's sometimes have a way of sneaking out the door or getting out of the yard. That's why I asked if it was the first time this dog showed up.

happy2b wrote:

No edit, just quoting what is pertinent.

happy2b wrote:

You never mentioned anything in the original post about your dog being attacked.

Sorry my post didn't meet your informational needs, I posted at midnight while trying to take care of my dog. I tried to be to the point so as not to argue but have somebody be responsible for their animal and get it inside.

bdogsgal wrote:
Wow.... One of my dogs is a senior and if he needs out...he's going out. Last thing I want is clean a mess on the carpet.

You have no room to b****. Perhaps the city would be better for you if you can't accept the fact that animals are going to s*** in your yard.

So I picked the pertinent info from your post, you seem irate and personally attack me, even insulted me. I should move back to the city because you own the mountains and judge proper etiquette for all residents. Maybe decaf is the route you should take. Once again I emphasize that with all the new people in the community people need to be respectful of others, not rude and then tell them to go back to the city because you don't agree with them.

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 11:29 am 
There are a lot of "lost dogs" right now. I hope your visitor finds its humans. Maybe you can post a picture and try to find the owner who may be frantically trying to find it?

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: May 5, 2018 3:06 pm 
I think we can all agree that we love our pups. It would be great if ppl who find unattended to animals would post their info on here or other local sites. And the original post stated the dog was wearing a bandana and I would just stress that the only thing worse than a roaming dog in the woods is one with a strangle hazard attached to his neck. Bandanas are great while hunting or otherwise aiding a human, but can become a death sentence to a dog in low hanging brush.
Thanks for the responses on both “sides of the fence”. Let’s love each other like we love our mutts.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next