It is currently Sep 22, 2018 6:56 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Bambi in her loving forever home
Post Posted: May 27, 2018 2:08 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I do photos of the dogs and cats for IMHS and post them in their forum on Pinecam. For the past two years I’ve been falling in love with Bambi the cat. She is a special needs cat, although she would tell you that is not true. She was born on April 15th, 2014 with spina bifida which has caused her to be paralyzed on her back end. She knows nothing else, so she gets around really well. I said I was going to be strong and not take all these animals home, but Bambi kept tugging at my heart. I spoke with my husband about the idea of adopting her and he quickly said he would rather not. He helps keep me strong. Then he went to put a shelf up at the shelter for the cats and met Bambi. About two weeks later, he surprised me with bringing her home. The good thing is he gave himself time and really thought about it. So now she is in her loving forever home.
She has been busy here, eats like a champ and runs around, it is amazing how she gets around. I love her so much, but I worry about her digestive issues, she will go a whole day without doing anything and then be regular. Anyway, something I am learning about, I was told not to worry. She never appears sick and eats like a champ, so I’m assuming everything is fine. I pray it is always.

I have two chihuahuas. I started doing photos for IMHS back in summer of 2012. In March of 2013 I tried to foster Paco, he was a 5lb chihuahua/minpin mix. After about 2 weeks I adopted him and now he is a stable 10 lbs, he keeps himself at a perfect weight. In December 2013, I tried to foster Rosie, she was a 3lb chihuahua. After about 2 weeks I adopted her. She is now a restricted 6+lb, restricted, because she will eat until she can’t fit through the door. She has pancreatitis and had some really hard times, but got that figured out and she is doing great.

I’m a total foster failure and stopped doing photos at IMHS for fear of bringing more animals home. I missed it so much, I decided to try again in August 2016, but told myself I had to be strong. I guess I failed at that, since Bambi is now at home with us. She is my one and only exception.

I know that Bambi has many people that love her as much as I so I wanted to share her life so people can still see her even if it isn’t in real life. I didn’t want to take away from the cats that still need homes in the IMHS cats topic so I opened a topic for her here. I was told she was missed at the shelter :).

This is her pen for when she goes to bed at night, when she eats and whenever we are gone for a long time during the day.

Here she is doing her normal loving stretch.

She really loves her pen and is in there sometimes even when the door is not closed. It is such a nice pen, even Rosie will lie on Bambi’s bed.

This is Bambi enjoying being on the deck. In the back is where I feed the squirrels and she enjoys watching them.

When watching tv, I will put Bambi on my lap and Paco and Rosie will be with us. The other night, I looked over and saw Bambi on the couch. Asked Norbert if he put her there and he said no. So she got up on her own :)

Then a little later.

Then much later this.

This is a new baby blanket I got at the thrift store. Bambi really likes it and so does Rosie.

They are still learning to deal with each other. Sometimes Bambi is annoyed with them, because they are so rambunctious, well they are chihuahuas. I hope she is happy here and stays healthy for a long time.

I will try to keep updated here and there with new photos or videos when I can. They are not that great quality photos, just taking with my iPad for those moment shots :)

Post subject: Re: Bambi in her loving forever home
Post Posted: May 27, 2018 2:29 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I have tried a couple of times to write a comment... and failed to find the gratitude for the feline care that you do. Thank you.

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 2:31 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
How beautiful! You have a wonderful heart! Looks like the best home ever.

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 4:38 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
:love:

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.
Where there is life, there is hope.

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 5:23 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
you are amazing and so is your hubby and look at that girl and how happy she is and how in the world did she get on the sofa and on the back of the sofa?! I love the image of your husband and the critters. Peaceful and joyful. hugs, Gia

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 5:28 pm 
What a wonderful thing you and your hubbie have done! Banbi seems like a very special cat and I know she will thrive in your loving home. Thanks for the story board of Banbi in her new home.

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 5:56 pm 
My only question is where do you put your angel wings when you go to bed? What a great post and forever family for Bambi.

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 6:11 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
You folks are wicked awesome as we say back in my native Boston. Bambi is just beautiful. May she thrive and be healthy with your loving care. The Mr sounds like a wonderful fellow. Hugs to him!

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 6:28 pm 
Not only thank you for all the wonderful photos of animals needing homes but really appreciate picts and story of how all your fur babies ended up at your welcoming home. Kind and caring people you two. They all look very happy and content. Can't believe Bambi clear on top of the couch!

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 7:33 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks so much for all your support, all coming from people who’s heart is as big or bigger than mine :love:

I hope you are all correct and she does thrive here and lives a long healthy life. I worry too much :) I will update here and there when she does something exciting and new or there is just a neat photo or video :D

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 10:06 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
That’s wonderful that Bambi finally to to relax in a happy home instead being in the kennel too long. Saw her last fall and I was hoping she would be adopt soon so I’m happy for Bambi finally found the heart to adopt her. Thank u so much for the great pictures.

Post Posted: May 27, 2018 10:50 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!

You may be a "foster failure" ;) but you have earned a place in heaven for adopting Rosie and Paco - and especially Bambi :love: who knew before you did that she was meant for you. :cloud9:
And please, please continue to post updates of Bambi. :cat: She's working her way into our hearts too. :hugs:

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next