It is currently Nov 14, 2018 10:20 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Bambi in her loving forever home
Post Posted: May 28, 2018 5:35 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I volunteer at IMHS and was sooo excited to read your post about Bambi. Seeing her at the shelter every week since I started there in December was so sad. Thank you for giving her such a wonderful home! I hope someone who reads your story will be compelled to walk in your footsteps and adopt a dog or cat from IMHS. We have some wonderful animals there who need loving homes.

Post Posted: May 28, 2018 8:51 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
This is beautiful. She claimed you long ago. Many years of love and happiness to your home and family.

Post Posted: May 28, 2018 11:13 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
That really touched my heart. Live long and healthy!

Post Posted: May 28, 2018 11:30 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Thank you!

Post Posted: May 29, 2018 6:41 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Thank you for the update!! I volunteer at IMHS and miss her but LOVE thinking of her in a real home! She looks so content <3.

Post Posted: May 29, 2018 7:26 pm 
O.k., the "pen" is like "cat heaven" especially since it is near a window (door)! I also love the pic with your husband....all passed out with Bambi and your pup .... Finally, we ALL know that ALL cats love the outdoors, so I just know Bambi loves the time she can spend on your deck. Thank you for posting all these pics and info!

Post Posted: May 29, 2018 8:59 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We are Gia's and Norbert's next door neighbors. I recently got to visit with Bambi and let me tell you, this cat is one lucky cat. She will never want for a thing in her life. I was astounded at how well she maneuvers and gets around. Those Chihuahuas better watch out. She is clearly happy, very well settled, and now lives the Life of Riley for Cats.

Post Posted: May 30, 2018 9:43 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks again to everyone. Bonefinder you are so right about how the chihuahuas better watch out :)

Here are this morning’s photos of Bambi. She is very mellow today, not her normal demanding self :), but she pooped and peed (sorry, but this is a super concern and so important to me and for her) and she ate all her food so maybe it is just a lazy day. She loves lying in the sun so much.

Just quick photos with my iPad, one day I’ll do a pro photo shoot with her LOL.

Post Posted: May 30, 2018 9:57 am 
Is she polydactyl?

Post Posted: May 30, 2018 10:02 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
:love: :love: :love: Love the updates! :hugs: Keep 'em coming. :cat: She couldn't be better named - after all, Disney's Bambi was a "dear", too. ;)

Post Posted: May 31, 2018 11:48 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Yes, Jmiller, she has 6 toes on her two back paws. Her paws are so unique looking. I had thought she had way more toes on all four paws due to the way they look, but just counted and there are only 5 toes on her front, but 6 toes on her back paws.

I was kinda worried about her yesterday so I didn’t do photos at the shelter, just stayed home so I can watch her. She didn’t appear sick and ate all her food and even had a late lunch, but she was really mellow and stayed in her pen on her pillow all day. She wasn’t talking like she normally does. She normally talks a lot and yells at me when I’m getting her food ready. She loves to eat, but must be restricted as it is so important for her to remain thin so she can get herself around and also for her digestive system. That will be her down fall, I’m afraid :(. She is not steady at all and there are days she doesn’t do anything. I don’t worry so much about #2 as I do about #1. Such as today, nothing as yet. I’m told this it normal as her nerves are messed up and for a Manx they are known to have digestive problems even without her Spina Bifida. Then she be steady for a little while. I have a diary I keep on her so I can keep track and if it goes too long, I call her Vet.

Yesterday around 6pm, she came to the door of her pen and was talking to me. She started acting like herself. After dinner she came out and hung out with us. We all watched tv on the couch and I took a selfie with her. It was so funny, just used the iPad, but we had fun, I actually think she was watching me check out our photos. It was funny.

My neighbor and I were talking and we are thinking she was just worn out, because the day before on Tuesday, she was out on the deck, lying right near the gate where all the squirrels hang out and there were tons on them out that day -I had just put out new food/nuts. She was watching them like crazy and was there pretty much all day. I have to realize this is very different for her and overwhelming so she probably needs some down time to adjust to everything. I do hope that is why.

She is back to herself today, was yelling at me this morning when ready to eat and wanted to come out of her pen before she ate and then after she ate breakfast. Then she wanted to go out on the deck. She is lying under the table, not next to the gate by the squirrel feeding area, but there are almost no squirrels running around right now. Probably a good thing :)

Here is the selfie we did last night. I look terrible, but she looks beautiful:)

Here she is sitting in her favorite place, wherever the sun shines in the house :)

Stretching as she claws the webbing on her pen. I love when I see her stretching, not only because it looks so good, but it shows an animal is feeling good.

She is enjoying the deck today, but I’ll be heading to shelter soon so she will have to come back in. Will only be doing a few photos today since I have a lot of things to do here. Other animals to take care of :)

Post Posted: May 31, 2018 2:57 pm 
You both are so special! I LOVE your stories and your photos - please don't stop!

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next