It is currently Nov 14, 2018 10:20 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Bambi in her loving forever home
Post Posted: Jun 16, 2018 8:46 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks DL :) It has been a little over a month now and Bambi is doing well. She often will walk with her back up trying to walk on all four feet, it is so interesting to watch. One day I'll try to capture a good photo of that, I think she is proud when she does this :) She gets around so well and when she stands up, she is able to walk pretty far (back legs don't move, but she supports herself on them), but then goes back into her sliding. She is very fast, too, but much faster when she slides.

Here are some recent photos of her.

This was one night while we were watching TV and she just ran over to Norbert, lied lovingly on his chest. Then she started to clean him, kissing him all over his beard. Then she started to go to his under arm and he could barely stand the tickling. It was so funny.

This is Rosie with her in her pen. Usually Rosie will be on the pillow, or both of them on the pillow. They both love the pen and it is not closed, never closed when I'm home unless it is food time or bed time. Soon as I open the door after Bambi finishes eating, Rosie is right there waiting to get in to look for any crumbs. Bambi eats like a champ and finishes her food before the dogs finish theirs, she has a great appetite. The dogs and her are doing well together. Paco always runs in circles when he is excited and happy, usually when we just get home. Well, one day I was coming in from feeding Thunder and I was saying in an excited fun voice ‘OK food time for you guys’, well Bambi started running/sliding around and doing circles, it was so funny, the dogs didn’t know what to do, I yelled at them not to chase her. She watches them and how I interact with them like a hawk.

This is her rolling around and stretching. I love to watch her stretch, all I have to do is look at her and smile and then she stretches her whole body. In this one you can see her six toes on her back feet.

After her roll :)

She loves lying by the door even when it is open. She loves scratching her nails on the pen's mesh, she doesn't scratch anything else in the house and I don't mind her doing that with the pen's mesh as she loves it so much. She really is a great cat, love her so much. I'm really lucky to have her.

Post Posted: Jun 17, 2018 6:44 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
She has personality! You can see the tiniest bit of mischief in those sweet eyes. You are lucky to have her but she is also lucky to have you and Norbert too!

Post Posted: Jun 17, 2018 8:36 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
It's so easy to see why you love Bambi so much. :cat: Thank you for sharing her with us, Gia. :love: :hugs: :love:

No matter how many animals we love during our lifetime, there is a special place in our heart for that one unforgettable pet. :cloud9:

Bambi has found that space and will occupy it forever. :love: :love: :cat: :love: :love:

Post Posted: Jun 17, 2018 1:10 pm 
that pen is a great idea! I think all little ones would love to have a cave like this. She is adorable and so are you guys. Please keep posting. Do you know LuAnn at CCAS? She has quite a few special needs cats with this syndrome. She may be able to offer some more insight into her.
hugs,
ang

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jun 17, 2018 1:11 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Awww, how sweet! :D

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Where there is life, there is hope.

Post Posted: Jun 17, 2018 3:31 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks everyone :hugs:

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I haven’t been able to give updates due to some things that happened in my life. I finally have some time to share some videos I took of her.

Bambi is doing really well. She fits in great with all of us, it is just amazing. We did get a water spray bottle, because she just will yell at us so when she knows it is breakfast, lunch for her or dinner time or whenever she wants something- she is quite demanding LOL

There is one story I really want to share. Paco was playing with a moth and he could play all day without even harming the moth. I went over to release the moth outside and then Bambi saw it fluttering around. She was over there within a second, grabbed it and had it in her mouth and swallowed before I could even say stop. I just stood there with my jaw dropped, never saw anything like it. I still love her like nothing else :)

This video was taken a little while ago. I’m giving her, Rosie and Paco some cheesy squash which they all really enjoyed. Bambi and Rosie are the food hogs and will compete for the food all the time. The ending is funny and no animals were harmed in the making of this clip. It may sound bad, but it definitely is not.

https://youtu.be/nfwV5v_c3_Q

I make gluten free bread and Paco and Rosie have always loved it, better than my husband’s store bought gluten bread. Well, now Bambi also loves it, even more than they do. Every morning when I start cutting my slices they all come running over with Bambi yelling at me. She can be all the way out on the deck and yet she hears me no matter how quiet I try to be.

https://youtu.be/Tmj5f_C0tCk

These two I took this morning. Sorry for all the videos, but I’m hoping they are fun to watch. I have tons of them. :)

https://youtu.be/1jBsxZH_DPE

https://youtu.be/A2W6811wYGk

I think Bambi is very happy here, even with Rosie. They actualky get along fairly well, and much better when food is not involved.

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2018 8:44 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Sooo happy to see how well Bambi is doing. :cat: :cloud9: And your Gluten Free Bread must be phenomenal, :thud: judging from their reactions! :eat: :animated laughing:

Thank you so much for posting these videos, Gia. :hugs: Looking forward to seeing more.
:love: :love: :love:

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2018 9:03 pm 
what a little family unit you have created. the videos are wonderful and the critters adorable.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 27, 2018 9:30 am 
Really enjoyed the videos! Thank you for sharing.

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3