It is currently Nov 21, 2018 12:58 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2006 9:42 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
:doh: well, STILL no puppies... the breeder's starting to wonder when she'll have them too! Apparently she didn't "take" on the first try... She was with the male 1 week, so apparently the end of the week was the successful 'event' :roll:

Ah well, they'll arrive when they're ready! :) The breeder says she knows it's really close because of the way Sally's behaving, it's just takin' longer to get to the actual birthin' this time! ;)

quinne's your alpaca, pacamom? If that's right I remember seeing absolutely adorable pix! :hugegrin:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 9:50 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Just received this email from the breed last night...

Quote:
Hello everyone!
Thought you might like an update...No Puppies Yet! Sally has her milk, she is nesting, but not going into labor. I am so tired from getting up through out the night to check on her. I called the vet, she is not concerned.
She has me checking Sally's temperature, supposedly the temp will drop to about 99.5 and will stay down when labor is about to start. Her's dropped on Sunday night for about 1 hour then went back up. Her temp now is 100.8, exactly normal.

Keep your fingers crossed that it will be SOON!
Take care and thanks for waiting.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 10:16 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Sheesh!! Is your hair turnin' grey yet? 8)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 10:46 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
mylz2go wrote:
Sheesh!! Is your hair turnin' grey yet? 8)
yup - I sleep with the phone by the bed, check messages at home when I'm at work & at work when I'm at home... :roll:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 11:02 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Hopefully it will be soon, RMH--will keep our fingers crossed here for you that she has them and they are all healthy and strong and everything goes well for the mama! Paula

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 11:40 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
2boxerdogs wrote:
Hopefully it will be soon, RMH--will keep our fingers crossed here for you that she has them and they are all healthy and strong and everything goes well for the mama! Paula
thanks! I'm hoping for the same... someone mentioned to me the other day that larger litters have a longer gestation period... Hope that's the case & they're not all big!!! :yikes: ouch!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 1:37 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Yeah, I've seen big litters and small litters of newborn boxer puppies. Duke came from a litter of 8 puppies--he was the smallest boy, but I think he had the best flash of all of them (he has the white ring around his neck). 3 of his brothers were solid white and they were just huge. Hubby wouldn't let me get one of them (I just love the whites) because of their size. Today at almost 4 years old he weighs 75 or more lbs. Didi came from a litter of 3 girls. They were all pretty small. Today at 6 years of age she weighs 60 lbs. I think Palmer looks pretty big for a girl--how much does she weigh now? It will be so exciting to have the new little one in your home! They are so cute!! Paula

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 1:55 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
There are white boxers? 8O I've never seen one - do you have a picture? I'll bet they are really cute!

Got my fingers crossed for you RMH - maybe we need to start a puppy pool (no cash - just for fun!) I say the puppies will be born at 4 am on March 18th. :birthday smile: (I don't know why, that number just popped into my head...!)

Any takers on a date & time? :dog:

When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 2:09 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Yes, there are solid white boxers sometimes in a litter. More likely to happen when you mate two flashy (the white markings) boxers together. They are super cute. They remind me of baby piglets at first. Sometimes they are deaf, sometimes they have bad allergy problems, you have to put sun protection on them if they are outside for extended periods of time. Boxer breeders used to "cull" them because they are not the standard for a boxer. I hate that practice, I hope they don't do it any longer, but I have read on boxer sites like "Boxerworld.com" that some breeders still may do it. I don't have a photo of one, but you can go to the web site I mentioned and find white ones in the members photo galleries. Sometimes you will also find white boxers that are mainly white, but have spots or patches of the fawn or brindle color. They are called checkered. Paula

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 2:24 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Here's some white Boxers...

This is a litter from our pups' dad's breeder...

I'll play along... I'll say March 19 @ 2AM... :scratchchin:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 2:29 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
March 17th of course! She will start at 6:15 pm.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2006 2:47 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
RMHigh wrote:
Here's some white Boxers...

This is a litter from our pups' dad's breeder...

I'll play along... I'll say March 19 @ 2AM... :scratchchin:

AWWWW! They are really cute! Thanks for the photo. :multi:

Paula, I've heard of the culling practice & while I understand the intent to keep breed lines "pure", I also think that it is a terrible practice. That's actually why we ended up leaving the breeders with two dogs instead of one! Tara was the last pup left, she was the runt & wasn't a "classic" Springer. So we took her, too, because we were afraid if we didn't something bad might happen to her. :cry: She's turned out to be a wonderfully intelligent dog who has phenomenal hunting instincts and she's a great companion. She and her sister are our pride and joy. :)

When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next