It is currently Nov 20, 2018 8:34 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Marley and Me
Post Posted: May 30, 2006 1:13 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Any dog lovers out there who want a really, really great book to read, you must try Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog by John Grogan. I never laughed, or cried, so hard in my life. Just finished it and can fully understand why it's been on the bestseller lists for weeks! :)

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” Atticus Finch

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 30, 2006 6:02 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
ICAM! A must read. Library (JeffCo) has many, but it is a long long wait. Well worth buying.

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 30, 2006 6:37 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I would go ahead a just buy it... it is one of the best books I've read in a long time. Get some tissues, be prepared for hearty laughs & enjoy! When you're done... pass it on to another dog lover!

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 30, 2006 8:39 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Yes, I agree. Pass it on to someone else to read. I'm taking my copy down to the Pine Library so others can read it and I can check it out and reread it if I want. I really laughed out loud over and over on some parts. My dogs would look up at me from their naps, [rooster] their heads, and go, "What's wrong with that crazy lady?" And I saw some of Marley in both of them at times. I giggle just thinking about it. What a fabulous dog Marley must have been!

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” Atticus Finch

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 30, 2006 8:42 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Now I'm REALLY laughing after I saw what the automatic editor of Pinecam did to my previous message! :rof laughing: :rof laughing: :rof laughing: :rof laughing: :rof laughing: :rof laughing:

I used the word for "turning one's head slightly to the side," which is what my dogs did, and Pinecam changed the word to "rooster." Oh, my sides are splitting!!!! :hugegrin: :hugegrin: :hugegrin: :hugegrin:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jun 3, 2006 3:25 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Just finished the book on my business trip this week, i agree a must read....even for an old softy like me....

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 21, 2006 9:30 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I listened to the audio version a couple weeks ago and loved it. The author reads it and like all of us his feelings about the dog are just under the surface and you can hear them in his voice quite often. Really good read. I think I might play it for the girls while we drive down to Pine next week.

http://web.me.com/riverwader/blog/Embracing_the_Chaos/Embracing_the_Chaos.html

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2006 12:59 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I couldn't put it down. Read it from start to finish in less than a day. Marley is so like my Black Lab it's a little freaky. My dog has eaten cell phones, remote controls, grabs food (steaks, mostly) off plates, has literally taken a flying leap through a hollow core door and needs to be touching me during storms. Reincarnation? Hmm, I've never seen the two of them in the same place, so maybe....

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]