It is currently Apr 5, 2020 7:50 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2006 2:36 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
For the LOVE OF MIKE- did I say you not watching the link made you culpable?? Did I say you HAD to watch?

Get a grip- if you don't want to help then don't

But it takes a village. Good lord

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2006 3:41 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Wolfpak, I, for myself, perceived your post that you directed to my name to IMPLY that I "may not want to know the specifics but that is the problem - everyone refusing to get involved". I again say that I am very aware of the specifics and I don't need a ghastly visual burned into my brain to move me to act. :? As for the village, is Hillary's name on that petition? These dogs I am fostering are local, they are living, breathing, tangible examples of what needs to be done.
I am helping. I'm helping here.

Last edited by JMiller on Aug 19, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2006 7:28 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Oh, dear! If I have added fuel to a fire, I am really, very deeply sorry! My intention was to express that I understand where JM is coming from, and to reinforce that that does not stop us from helping. If I have offended anyone, please believe that it was never my intent and I do sincerely apologize.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 19, 2006 11:41 pm 
Speaking for myself, Aspenleaf, I don't feel you did anymore then I in expressing that we weren't inclined to watch footage of suffering which we are painfully aware of. I had an opinion as did you and we seemed to be of like mind. I don't feel you have anything to apologize for.
I don't know why Wolfpak felt a need to call me out and misconstrue my post into one of not wanting to help. I never said I didn't want to help or didn't care, i just voiced the fact I didn't want to view the link. Period.
All help in the name of the poor suffering animals is needed, appreciated and in short supply. We all just need to do whatever we can. Some of us don't need to see it to believe it is happening, that's all.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 20, 2006 6:57 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
I'm glad you understand that my intentions really were good. It's easy sometimes to mis-communicate when "e-talking". :)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 21, 2006 2:42 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
JMiller wrote:
Speaking for myself, Aspenleaf, I don't feel you did anymore then I in expressing that we weren't inclined to watch footage of suffering which we are painfully aware of. I had an opinion as did you and we seemed to be of like mind. I don't feel you have anything to apologize for.
I don't know why Wolfpak felt a need to call me out and misconstrue my post into one of not wanting to help. I never said I didn't want to help or didn't care, i just voiced the fact I didn't want to view the link. Period.
All help in the name of the poor suffering animals is needed, appreciated and in short supply. We all just need to do whatever we can. Some of us don't need to see it to believe it is happening, that's all.

You are not required to watch any thing to sign this one silly petition...
you type in your name and info but I'm
So sorry your were victimized and bothered by this.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 21, 2006 3:39 pm 
Wolfpak:
First,
I'm sure the petition is not silly or it wouldn't mean so much to you, that folks get involved.
Second,
I'm not sure what the "this" is you are referring to, but I don't feel victimized or bothered by it. I don't feel victimized at all. I was bothered by the way YOU spun my post.
The sincerity of your apology was just so moving that I am certain to be healed of the bother...
I promise I will loose no more sleep over this...

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 21, 2006 4:21 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
:rof laughing:

Oh that's right I called you out- I spun your post As I live and breath seeking to call you out is what it's all about. Good lord I fully apologize for referring to you by name- my misdirected way of letting others know that watching the video or anything else is not a pre-requisite for signing. Which YOUR post implied.

For someone who doesn't care to be in involved why don't you let it go. It's not about you.

And yes I want people to at least sign the petitions that circulate. I have been aware of this act of torture for almost 2 months now and have been active in national sites looking for a resolution. I wasn't apologizing- and it most likely wouldn't have smoothed anything for you. I mean you were" called out" for refusing to sign a petition. I've lost enough sleep over the past 8 weeks because of this atrocity for the both of us.Others will take up the slack...

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 21, 2006 6:30 pm 
Wolfpak, I can't "let it go" when you keep distorting what I am posting. I can't allow you to do this without clarifying the meaning of my posts. You are being dishonest in your attempt to turn what I have stated into something that doesn't exist.
My original post simply stated that I didn't want to see the abuse. I don't know how that implies that others needed to watch it to sign the petition.
You did address your post to me and that's what started this little debate, so I used the term "called out". I think it was appropriate since you did not reference other posters with similar opinions.
"For someone who doesn't care to be involved..." Where did I post that I didn't want to be involved or even something remotely resembling that statement? I just didn't want to view the link.
And then you fully apologize for calling me by name, which doesn't require an apology as long as the dialog has a footing in what actually was posted. And then you aren't apologizing, the reference to "So sorry you were victimized... I could smell the sarcasm, Wolfpak and I responded in kind with my "not lose sleep reference".
Yet again you distort my posts by saying I was called out for refusing to sign a petition but if you look back over my posts I never stated that I refused to sign a petition.
It is very apparent that you are passionate about this cause. And you appear angry and frustrated by some perceived lack of involvement but I feel you are misdirecting that anger at me, one you perceive to be complacent or indifferent. Which I am not.
Bottom line, if you had apologized, when I first responded to you because I felt your post to me was unjustified; if you had rethought it and realized you misunderstood my original post, I would have accepted it and this dialog would still be about animal abuse and what to do about it. But you won't admit the error you made and I feel compelled to correct the distortion. Wouldn't you if someone repeatedly twisted your words?
I will relent at this point only because I can't make the obvious any clearer then it is, my posts are in plain English and anyone with a grade school education can read and understand for themselves that I just didn't want to see the abuse, period, no more no less.
I'm going to play with my puppies now.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 21, 2006 7:32 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I know someone who has spent a great deal of time in China and he has learned that in their culture, they truely believe that other animals were put here on earth for the pure benefit of people rather than viewing them as family members like we do here in the states. I am not excusing their behavior by any means. I myself, am very against this and their actions and I have already signed the petition. It is disgusting and extremely shameful. In the article on this link, it says they even massacred 4000 dogs that had been vaccinated for rabies. Actions speak louder than words.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 21, 2006 7:49 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
I remember getting a request for a donation from an animal rights group years ago that showed a happy Asian family going on a picnic with their pet husky, then a photo of the husky being hanged because he WAS lunch! Those images still haunt me. In Brazil, dogs and cats sometimes wind up on the menu (I may have accidentally eaten some --YIKES! :barf: ). I think many cultures regard dogs the same way as we see chickens, pigs, or cows.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 23, 2006 1:56 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Wild Fire wrote:
I know someone who has spent a great deal of time in China and he has learned that in their culture, they truely believe that other animals were put here on earth for the pure benefit of people rather than viewing them as family members like we do here in the states. I am not excusing their behavior by any means. I myself, am very against this and their actions and I have already signed the petition. It is disgusting and extremely shameful. In the article on this link, it says they even massacred 4000 dogs that had been vaccinated for rabies. Actions speak louder than words.

So right you are! They are killing for the furor of it now- even if a dog could be proven to have had the vaccination. This is what is those that have the passion are trying to stop-regardless if the animals are an ocean away. A country is judged by how it treats it's animals and the verdict is in on China. So many can't seem to be bothered with this and I don't understand that mentality. An animal any where deserves to have someone to be their voice. actions speak louder than words
You are so right!

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next