It is currently Jan 23, 2020 4:44 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 11:27 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Quote:
I still wonder what the deal is with the chickens? They don't use much water, you can keep them in a coop on pineshavings so that you don't polute the ground, and, especially if you do not have a rooster, they are very quiet...so why wouldn't they be allowed up here? I mean, I have friend in the city with a macaw- and let me tell you, that thing can make some seriously shrill noises. Is it because the parrot is inside and the chickens are outside? Because you can eat a chicken?
Sometimes I wonder about these zoning laws...

This is just my two cents worth but I'm not sure we live in an ideal area for small livestock. We have numerous predators besides fox. I'm not sure it's a great idea to put dinner out for bigger predators. I don't want these birds to come to harm but I'd rather see them go to good homes than get snatched up by a Mountain Lion or other predator ... maybe even while children are watching. This might have something to do with the zoning laws?

Also, chickens (and I suppose ducks as well) are classified as livestock and livestock falls under a whole, unique set of rules.

WWW, I'm truly sorry about all the terrible things that seem to be drawn to you like moths to fire and I hope things start looking up for you very, very soon.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 11:28 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
That is really bad, I sure can't believe the lot of trouble you have been going through. Your poor pup! I will ask around and see if I know anyone that can take a few hens- if it comes to it, I might take one or two, but I kinda am at my limit...Best of luck, and condolances on your dog.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 11:31 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Oh and Ridgewalker- I know about the predators- but again- not any worse than all teh missing cats and dogs threads in this forum, eh? I have my birds in a completly fenced in dog run, with boulders around the base. They have a luxery coop attached to that to go in in bad weather. No predators except a bear could get in there. I had fox problems before I got the chain link- chicken wire just doesn't cut it. And speaking of predators- dogs again are the worst culprits.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 11:38 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Worldwidewalter... is there ANYTHING you can do? If you had signatures, if you had people to make calls? That is just amazing to me. I can not believe the world in which we live. My heart and prayers are all with you.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 12:03 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
:off topic:

Quote:
They have a luxery coop

Sorry, can't help myself. I can just see the little ladies in their satin robes, high heeled slippers and champagne glasses chatting about the latest GQ Rooster or bragging about which high society school their chics will go to.

:rof laughing:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 12:50 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Well, Ridgwalker... sometimes you just gotta make the best of what is handed to you.... and sometimes the "visual" requires a great big belly laugh.... !!!!! :rof laughing: :nyah:

Post subject: Re: Animals
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 1:12 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
sassysenior wrote:
The majority of residents with more than 3 cats/dogs and livestock are in violation of zoning and/or water law and/or covenants, regulations that existed before they purchased their properties. The majority of the property up here was not intended for ranching and farming and raising animals when it was subdivided. Indian Hills had a building moratorium for decades because of ground water contamination including high nitrates.

Ummm- think you better check that. There are alot of AG2 properties up around here. My whole road is AG2. We are not in violation and have the paper to prove it. Right in the middle of Conifer no less!! :hugegrin:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 1:19 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Yup, I hear ya Wolfpak, I live on a little over 2 acres, zoned horse property... but must truck in water (if neighbors complain about my use of the "household" well) except one thing..... I live on a freaking CLIFF! But... it is zoned horse property. Everyone around me has dogs, cats, horses etc... they shave out part of "their" mountain, put up horse panels and there you go! VOILA, HAPPY HORSE OWNER!!!! We don't have any papers that say one way or the other... it's all about making phone calls to see what you can/cannot get away with.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 3:58 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
*psst Ridgewalker...did I mention they just got high speed internet and a bidet?*

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 6, 2006 6:50 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Good luck getting them off the bidet. :rof laughing:

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4