It is currently Aug 7, 2020 7:03 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: House of Reps passed America Horse Slaughter Prevention Act
Post Posted: Sep 8, 2006 10:33 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
This is from a Humane Society of the United States Newsletter I receive:

http://www.hsus.org/

I am thrilled to share with you truly historic news: Yesterday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act (H.R. 503) by a vote of 263-146. Our opposition tried to introduce two "poison pill" amendments that, if passed, would have killed the bill. But thanks to your calls and emails, these amendments were soundly defeated, and the House passed the legislation. Your work carried the day for America's horses!

I can't stress enough how crucial the support of dedicated advocates like you has been in this long fight to close down the brutal and foreign-owned horse slaughter industry. Each time you made a phone call, met with your legislators, sent an email, and told your friends and family about this issue, you helped the horses win. All of these efforts have led us to this historic win in the House.

Your actions have also paved the way for a victory in the Senate. To ensure final passage of this vital legislation, please contact your two U.S. Senators (Wayne Allard and Ken Salazar) today and urge them to immediately pass the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act (S. 1915).

Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121 or (202)225-3121

Senator Wayne Allard (CO) (202) 224-224-5941 Direct

Senator Ken Salazar (CO) (202) 224-5852 Direct

Here's what you can say:
"I am a constituent and I am calling to ask my Senator to please protect American horses from slaughter. The House has voted overwhelmingly to pass the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act (S. 1915) and now it is time for the Senate to act. Please do all that you can to support the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act and move it to the Senate floor for an immediate vote. Thank you."

We are closer than ever to protecting nearly 100,000 horses a year from a grim and painful end, just so they can be turned into foreign delicacies. Please stay with us in this fight as we reach toward final victory for the horses.

Post subject: Horses
Post Posted: Sep 8, 2006 11:43 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Please, do you have the information as to who is going to now care for those 100,000 horses each year???? I would like to tell them how much I admire them for taking on such a huge task. Surely they must also be very wealthy to be able to afford the land that will be required to keep so many horses. I wonder how much hay they will need and where they will get it????????????????? I'm going to buy stock in horse feed companies pronto before it goes sky high. Those manufactures better get started hiring, they are going to have to add another shift to produce feed for all those horses. Oh no, I just thought of something, please tell me it won't happen! You don't suppose that there will be some of those 100,000 horses starving in a pen somewhere with none or dirty water, no vet care, and God forbid no Farrier?????????? Of course we all agree that it's much better for a horse to be eaten by coyotes instead of a Frenchman. Face it folks the bill changes nothing other than the distance a horse will travel before it is slaughtered.

Last edited by walktrot on Sep 8, 2006 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 8, 2006 11:52 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
These other countries can raise their own horses for meat if they want to eat them like we eat cattle. The problem here in American can be fixed by controlling overbreeding. But it seems here in America, we have this problem with dogs and cats too, not just horses. Heck! We even overbreed ourselves! Stop Overbreeding!

Post subject: good point
Post Posted: Sep 8, 2006 12:01 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Very good blackwolf.......I think the humans that resulted from over breeding in this country all belong to PETA.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 8, 2006 6:19 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Truly a tragic issue, damed if you do, damed if you don't.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]