It is currently Aug 3, 2020 11:56 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: anyone have a following pet ?
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2007 10:27 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
My wonderful dog will follow me everywere i go and when u turn around will just stand there and wont move. You have to push him out of the way :rof laughing: . But the funny thing is, is that when u dont want to go anywere he will move out of the way. its like silly dog u have that backwards move when i need u to not when i dont need u to.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2007 10:35 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Yup, I have 4 of those follower types! My husband calls me the pied piper. If I am home, they follow me everywhere. The lab even gets in the shower with me!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2007 10:43 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Are you kidding me...

Do you even have to speak to your dog? I look at my dog and she knows exactly what will be taking place next.

I stop and she sticks her face on my left hip. She knows that If I grab a certain pair of shoes ...it means I either have to go to work...or we are going for a walk. Because I work at home..she knows if I take my shower early...she is not going with me...if I take my shower later..the day is hers...

Are you kidding....Just me and her.. and never a word spoken....
:rof laughing:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2007 10:53 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Other way around here......my dog expects me to know HER every move and what she wants and when. And I do.....seems like my days are spent following her around, doing what she wants, and I know her every move! :) She leads me everywhere around the house.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2007 11:07 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
No dogs here, but I have 2 following cats. If they didn't look, feel and smell like cats you'd swear they were dogs. My tabby will even sit up on her hind legs and beg. Absolutely no dignity in either of them!

I trip over that tabby on a regular basis because like your doggie, MnMs, she stops in front of me when I'm going and won't move. The only time I seem to be able to escape the feline secret service act is when they find a sunny spot and fall asleep. But let me leave the room, and they will wake up and follow me. My black one is rarely more than two feet away anywhere I am, sunny spot or not.

It's a good thing.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2007 11:23 pm 
I have a retriever that follows us everywhere...and loves to be under foot. He has a problem though...he wants to follow both me and my husband, and gets so upset when we head in different directions. He will wander back and forth between us for a bit, then find a place that he can keep track of us both and settle in. If one of us changes location he checks out where we are going then goes back to sentry duty till we move again. It's really cute....until, of course, you turn around and trip right over him.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2007 11:36 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I get back by playing Hide and go seek...ever tick your dog off by throwing a ball...then Hiding?

The key is though...if you have a hunting type dog...to hide so well that they start whining...it is just another game we play....

Sad ....Sad...Sad.... :bash:

She loves it though... she always finds me...I often think that if I ever got lost in the woods...because of the games we play...she would find me!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2007 12:15 am 
Like 4dogmom if I don't latch bathroom door 1 of my Goldens hop in shower with me and my child screams at least twice a week that the other Golden is in her bath. Gotta love water breads. Following , yes whenever they are not out the doggy door barking at the deer or any other critter! How when I'm on the 2nd floor and they're outside on 1st , if I'm entering kitchen I trip over them :lol: 2 cats also who do circles around your feet often. How I ever get any wear in the house without breaking something is a miracle. I feel so loved!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:05 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Follow? Yes. Even from one side of the room to the other. They love to sleep with me(not allowed under the covers though) But what do you do in the middle of the night, you want to roll over, but you're wedged in by two 80 lb Dobers? Ya can't even move out from under the covers they are so tight.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2007 9:04 am 
One time I said "All I want is a dog that will follow me and want to be with me all the time." It is true, you better watch out what you ask for, cus you just may get it. My "Shadow" dog is Maxx, in my Avatar, he is 10 going on 11 and is my constant companion, where I am he is, my husband says where there are dogs there is his wife. I have a following of 3 Aussies, I am constantly moving them and tripping over them. I tell them that the bathroom isn't big enough for all of them, but the pup still sneaks in...

"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway." -Mother Teresa Of Calcutta

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20745

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2007 9:27 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
FNSortwell wrote:
Follow? Yes. Even from one side of the room to the other. They love to sleep with me(not allowed under the covers though) But what do you do in the middle of the night, you want to roll over, but you're wedged in by two 80 lb Dobers? Ya can't even move out from under the covers they are so tight.

With all that hair that dobes have I think they're trying to get warm. I know my little pinkie dalmatian doesn't really like me, just my warmth. :rof laughing: Good thing you're not claustrophobic.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2007 9:48 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Yeah. And when you tell/push them to move you get this look, "You want ME to give up MY warm spot?"

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next