It is currently Jul 4, 2020 9:57 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 3:33 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Oh golly.
I'm awfully glad Ginger is better.
Don't delay another minute, CALL THE SHERIFF!!!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 3:36 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
MG is right that this young man could have deep psychological problems. Be very very careful........do not trust him. Although shumaker's response seems harsh.............I must admit that I agree with him and it would be in the best interest of you, your wife and Ginger's to have the Sheriff investigate this young man.

Please keep us informed as what you decide to do.........

BTW: Ginger is a beautiful baby........it is obvious that she is devoted to you.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 3:49 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I'm really sorry everyone, but in my long winded effort to give you all the info, I neglected to tell you that I did call the Sheriff at the time of the incident. Animal control deputy took report and am still awaiting outcome......When I call Jefferson county checking on status, I am told that they are very busy with more serious cases.

Thanks again everyone.

Guffey..I'm in Park county, next door where Ginger was shot is Jefferson county..

Natalie..That's exactly what I think and no I haven't called a lawyer, they get pretty expensive and vet bill was high enough..But maybe I should to see what my options are...

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:15 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
RavenWolf wrote:
That, of course, assumes he isn't telling a story...

My first reaction as I was reading this was that it was *not* the story, or the teen would have come clean when first confronted (if, after all, it truly was an accident).

I'm with everyone who has said this kid needs to face consequences (and now rather than later)! :rant:

Post subject: in woodside
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:35 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I too live in woodside. This just makes me boil - it's completely over the top. I used to think Woodside had 'sane' people - but there is trash everywhere. This kid - and even more correctly - the parents who are responsible for this kid - need to be held accountable. What would people say if some little kid had wandered to their house and he shot them? If the kid's stupid story has any truth to it - then it is conceivable. What the hell are people doing shooting 9mm in a neighborhood?

Post subject: psychological
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:41 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
and one more thing... as far as the psychological problem - yea - that's probably true - but take care of the immediate problem - which is a frigging kid shooting a 9mm - FIRST. And if his parents didn't care that he shot your dog - I doubt they will be standing behind him for psychological problems - they're probably just the same. Ok - like I said - this makes me fighting mad.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:50 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
FBTRIKE, I am a neighbor also and have seen you and (your wife?) and Ginger walking. I am sorry that this happened to her and I'm glad she is doing so well.

I agree that the kid and his parents need to be held accountable. Talk with a lawyer and see what you your options are---doesn't mean you'd have to do anything, but at least you'd know. I know the vet bills aren't cheap and your dog lost her leg! There is no excuse for this dangerous behaviour.

Good luck with this. I'll stop and say hi next time I see you, and give that girl a hug from all of us.

Post subject: woodside HOA
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:11 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I'm not exactly sure .. but can anything be done thru the woodside HOA (in addition to the formal law) - I mean - is shooting a damn 9mm part of the Woodside HOA ???? I'd like to see an lien put on the home and them kicked out --- I'm still boiling mad - sorry for ranting.

Post subject: Re: woodside HOA
Post Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:16 pm 
mtngirl7 wrote:
I'm not exactly sure .. but can anything be done thru the woodside HOA (in addition to the formal law) - I mean - is shooting a damn 9mm part of the Woodside HOA ???? I'd like to see an lien put on the home and them kicked out --- I'm still boiling mad - sorry for ranting.

I'm with you and am still so sick about this. Go ahead and rant......I agree with everything you say. If there ever WAS a topic to rant about..this is it! :rant:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2007 6:45 am 
What this young man has done to your dog is absolutely against the law. In Park County you will be charged (maybe) 30 bucks in court for "Dog at Large". But this young man will be charged from the State of Colorado, criminal codes; a "Class 1 misdemeanor", and charged from Park County.

CRS18-9-202-(1.5)(a); A person commits cruelty to animals if he or she recklessly or with criminal negligence tortures, needlessly mutilates, or needlessly kills an animal.

CRS18-9-202-(1.5)(b); A person commits aggravated cruelty to animals if he or she knowingly tortures, needlessly mutilates, or needlessly kills an animal.

CRS18-9-202-(1.6)(a)(I); Any physical harm that carries a substantial risk of death; (II) Any physical harm that causes permanent maiming or that involves some temporary substantial maiming (III) Any physical harm that causes acute pain of a duration that results in substantial suffering.

Now Park County Resolution; (which is a separate ticket) PCR95-11-17; Cruelty to Animals; It is unlawful for any person, knowingly or with criminal negligence, to overdrive, overload, overwork, torture, deprive of necessary sustenance, beat unnecessarily or cruelly, mutilate or kill needlessly, carry in or upon any vehicle in a cruel manner, or otherwise mistreat or neglect any animal, or cause or procure it to be done. (Any violation of this section requires a mandatory court appearance.) And a $300.00 fine. (This is separate from the State of Colorado)

In court this young man, (if he is 18, otherwise the parents are charged) $400.00 per charge, (which their are three, 1,200.00) up to 90 days in jail, and ordered to pay at least half of restitution; Vet bills, and maybe pain and suffering.

He may also be charged with "(being a minor);misuse of a firearm, and anger management classes, which the party would have to pay for out of pocket.

What you need to do immediately is contact a Deputy and Park County Animal Control, (hopefully they will respond)

I hope this helps you, what this young man did was absolutely WRONG and against the law.

Post subject: great info
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2007 8:24 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Great post Terrie. I personally would like to see this kid and/or parents charged. For one ... because of the pain and suffering of an innocent dog and for two ... there needs to be a message sent that it is NOT OK - that people are not just going to tolerate this. If a clear message is sent ... hopefully it will send a message to others - who may think they can pull this crap and get away with it.

I wonder where/address of these people are (not that I"m going over there - but just because I live in Woodside and would like to know what's happening where I live).

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2007 8:41 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
When I was growing up, there was a teenaged boy that lived in the house behind us that had a fondness for killing animals. He was caught many times torturing neighborhood cats in his yard. His parents continually covered for him saying that the cats were coming on their property and killing squirrels and birds so their son was just trying to scare the cats off. Later it was found out that the dead squirrels and birds were from their son shooting them or capturing them and mutilating them.
After a few years of this, the parents finally sent him off to a psych ward.
It is known that children/teenagers that kill animals, are only beginning the behavior of someone who is capable of killing people. It is one of the first signs shown by future serial killers.
The teenager later did try to kill his "girlfriend" at the psych ward by stabbing her to death which is the same thing he used to do the animals.
The 16 year olds parents should be thinking that its a little strange that their son is walking around with a 9mm in the dark.
We are building in woodside and this worries me knowing that there are parents out there who think its okay for their 16 year old son to walk around with a handgun in the dark shooting at things.

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next