It is currently Jul 14, 2020 7:50 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 25, 2007 9:37 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Since the incident happened on private property I'm sure the kid will claim self defense. I think your best chance is civil litigation, but probably not worth the cost. Personally I think the kid and parents need to move back to the city. They are too reckless to live in a place where you need to think for yourself.

<a href="http://www.evergreenphotographer.com">www.evergreenphotographer.com</a> - Conifer and Evergreen's finest photography - Now offering private sittings at the Butterfly Pavilion - Contact me about this unique opportunity!
<a href="http://www.evergreenphotographer.com/blog/">Find out about specials and whats new!</a>

Post subject: I can't believe this
Post Posted: Apr 27, 2007 11:39 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I can't even begin to say how much I can't believe this happened!!
I am so thankful that Ginger is alive and doing well. That is the only comfort I am finding in this. This kid needs to be charged with whatever charges can be charged. Any kid that would do this has serious problems. What kid would shoot a dog??? Make me sick.
Tell Ginger that she is loved.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Apr 27, 2007 1:34 pm 
Thanks for all the posts and support....and info...

Since first post I have contacted the jeff. county D.A. juvenile division ,twice......Am now waiting for reply..

My wife and I are definitely going to pursue this as far as we can..

Thanks again to all......

Post subject: Ginger
Post Posted: May 20, 2007 5:03 pm 
I am so sorry to hear about Ginger, as I just met you a couple of weeks ago and you told me the story. I know your new neighbors too and this really upsets me that they are taking no responsibility for their what their 16 year old son did! I would be doing everything possible to make a mends with you if it were my child who had shot your dog...but the again I hate guns and would never own one much less have ANY in our home. I have children near by and am concerned with their safety. I will pray that this ordeal finds justice. Ginger is adorable and very lucky to have such great owners. Sincerely, your neighbors

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 21, 2007 10:01 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Stop waiting for Jeffco to do anything, call Park County Sherrif office right away and let them know the whole story. They will do something because you live in Park County. This happened way too long ago to let Jeffco keep sitting on their butts and do nothing. You have a case that needs to be heard. This boy is a danger and I can't believe no one has done anything about that. Thank you for posting here, I only wish you had done so sooner as you need the support you can get here. We are behind you, press on and don't let the little SOB get away with it. Should you want legel advice, call Jim Gillies in Conifer, he is local and understands.

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 21, 2007 10:44 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Another thing to keep in mind is that if the kid was actually trying to "scare" the animal why would he shoot directly at the animal.

A story that is slightly different but shows using a gun to scare ??? is bad: In my home town (southern Minnesota) a person tried to "scare" and animal off their property. In doing so they shot in the direction of the animal and the bullet ricocheted and injured a child that was sleeping in the house next door. The person who shot was found guilty of reckless act with a deadly weapon and attempted murder. They got the attempted murder because the person was not able to identify what they were shooting at.

I believe in order to claim self defense you have to be able to prove that there is eminent threat to your life and/or property. If the kid cannot identify what he shot at then he cannot claim self defense. The hissing could have been a propane leak, and the whole place could have blown. You hear something scary outside in the dark, you do not shoot blindly into the area. You walk backwards slowly until you can either get to a light or inside. The gun should only be used if attacked NOT provoked.

Post subject: Ginger
Post Posted: May 29, 2007 11:38 am 
I'm so sorry for Ginger, and for you and your wife.
It doesn't seem as if Jeffco or Park County are moving on this..
I have read everyone replies and have to agree with all.
The "Psycho" kid and his parents need to be held responsible for his action and soon.
My advise is keep calling Jeffco and Park County - bug the #*#* out of them until they get sick and tired of hearing your voice.

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3