It is currently Dec 9, 2019 6:48 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jun 30, 2007 11:36 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Emma, (Pug, Boston terrier mix. "Bugg"). Likes to drink beer.... preferably one I've just set down for a second while turning my back to do something like, make a sandwich, answer a phone, etc. She'll settle for whiskey, a martini, anything with alcohol in it. Little dog tries to steal my drinks. But she's very goofy, entertaining, and we love her dearly.

Sheeba, (husky, german shepard mix). Loves to bring toys, or even things that are not toys, like the cordless phone, t.v. remote, those tax papers you were looking for earlier.... and of course she expects you to play with them once she's brought them to you. Again, we love her dearly even though she's just a mess sometimes. :hugegrin:

Roxy, (pitbull, german shepard mix). Must lay down anywhere I've been sitting for over ten minutes. Couch, floor, loveseat... anywhere really. She'd prefer to lay on top of me thinking she's a lap dog. She doesn't realize she's much larger than the pug and not as cozy in one's lap. But very loved all the same.

So, when the phone rings I set my beer down, find Sheeba who likely has the phone because it wasn't put back on the charger, talk for a couple minutes, probably take a message because its not for me anyway. Hang up, put phone back on charger, find Emma polishing off that beer I'd just opened and Roxy practically snoring in my seat. Meanwhile Sheeba is wondering why I won't throw the phone for her.

So umm, do I own them or do they own me? Who cares, they're loved! 8)

Badger

Post subject: quirky pet things
Post Posted: Jul 3, 2007 5:54 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Our pitbull Willow will not touch her bottom to the ground when she sits. (unless shes on furniture) She squats instead of sits

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 3, 2007 8:41 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Reading some of the postings about lost pets I'm wondering why so many cats get stuck in trees. Whenever my cat Onyx gets out, he heads straight for the trees in our backyard - he has no trouble getting down - he just turns around and walks down from branch to branch - I've even seen him walk down the base - where there are no branches.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 3, 2007 9:04 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Our newest addition "Marvin" the cat, drinks water from a Dixie Cup in the bathroom, and when he's finished he dumps the rest of the water in the sink with his paw, and lies down in the sink and gets wet.

Rav :)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 4, 2007 8:06 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
i had a border collie that i could leave food out for and he wouldn't touch it unless i was eating. i have left burgers on my coffee table overnight and he wouldn't touch it till i told him to eat it the next morning.
i would leave his box of dog biscuits out by a wall, and each day when i came home would tell him to go get a biscuit. he would go get one out of the box and sit and eat it. no need to put it away. odd that i didn't really train him like that, he just was that way.
when he was in my front yard (chain link) and would see other dogs walking by, he would go grab one of his stuffed animals and bring it over to the fence and lay it down for them. he would try to give it to them if i had the gate open. he was a little weird, but easily the best dog I've ever been around.
too good actually. since someone else decided to steal him. i miss that old boy

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 7, 2007 9:31 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
My chow hates storms as well, but will plop himself down in front of the TV anytime the Weather Channel is on...I swear, he has an internal weather station and can predict storms DAYS away!! At times, he nudges his food bowl and mat for no apparent reason. I've only seen one other pooch do this-a female golden retriever belonging to a friend. It's the funniest thing to watch, but I'd love to know if this is some ritual that canines do and what they are hoping to accomplish?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 7, 2007 11:42 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
cide wrote:
Reading some of the postings about lost pets I'm wondering why so many cats get stuck in trees. Whenever my cat Onyx gets out, he heads straight for the trees in our backyard - he has no trouble getting down - he just turns around and walks down from branch to branch - I've even seen him walk down the base - where there are no branches.

You and Onyx are fortunate... most cats don't have the innate knowledge of getting down. Getting up, they got.... He is most likely closer to wild than most cats...is he a particular breed?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 10, 2007 12:54 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I had a Chocolate Point Siamese (coco) that I rescued from a shelter, She was the best cat ever. She would sit on the edge of the tub when you took a bath. One other clever thing she would do is unlock the sliding glass door and open it. (from on top of a filing cabinet) :cat: So when I would get home, both dogs and 2 of the 3 cats would be outside. It took me two months to figure out how she did it. Eventually we put in a dog/cat door so the glass door would not be wide open all day!!

I also had a German Shepard who was VERY ENERGETIC! :dog: She needed 45 min of running everyday to keep her at a reasonable energy level. We would go play ball/frisbee everyday. If for some reason we did not, :doh: she would give 1 yap every five minutes or so all night until I got out of bed and took her outside or to the park. Many times we got kicked out of the park for being there after dark! Ha Ha.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 10, 2007 1:35 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
My cats, brother and sister, could open the sliding screen door. Logan would get between the screen and the glass and push with his head until a space opened, then Betsy would stick her paw through and open it enough to get her nose in and open it the rest of the way with her head and body. They did it practically every time we forgot to lock the screen, but only did it with the door upstairs to the deck, even though the downstairs door was exactly the same, and wouldn't lock.

For about a month, my parakeet Bandit was in love with Betsy. He would follow her everywhere! She was tolerant, but not pleased with his attentions and would just look at us like, can't you just do something about him? (It was unrequited love.)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 10, 2007 5:23 pm 
Our older cat, Crystal (17), picks up one of her pom-pom balls she plays with before she eats. She carries it over to her food and drops it into or next to her food dish. I've come home to 2-3 balls in her food dish. Maybe she's making a food offering ??!! :hugegrin:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 11, 2007 9:21 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I had a cat awile back that would be so happy to get his food some days that he would try to meow while he ate - but he ended up sounding like a turkey...

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 13, 2007 8:43 pm 
I have two Samoyeds who love to sing and talk. Josh thought I was gone one day and he began a veritable *ARIA* downstairs. I've never heard a dog sing so long and loud. Whenever my family talks together, he and Padme (my other Sammy) feel the need to jump into the conversation. Cuties!

My horse likes to take walks by herself... but that's another story.

"Conifer: The Movie" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwGneGjOSG0&feature=plcp

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next