It is currently Dec 8, 2019 4:35 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2007 3:40 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
just my 2 cents... If I were you, I would go with your vet, the one you and your dog know.... don't let strangers do this...
so it looks like we're talking about $200- that is very do-able

once you decide and make arrangements, just let us all know and we'll work with the vet to take care of the bills.

deal?
angela

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2007 4:21 pm 
CooknThyme, I agree that your vet, who is known and trusted by you and the boys will be the best situation for all concerned. And I think it is also a kindness to a vet that has shown such care and compassion and shared part of the life of your dogs, to be able to say good bye in her own way and know that this, sad as it is, is an integral part of the care of our companion animals.
This is the ultimate trust we place in our vets. When they have done so much but can do no more, let her do this.
As far as Spencer's final arrangements, there are enough of us in this community that admire, respect and support you. We think you should have Spencer back. You have a very full plate right now. Please let us take a helping from it on ourselves and ease the load. We know you will pay it forward down the road.

Post subject: vet
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2007 6:11 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I agree Jo

Spencer needs to be at home and no strangers!

Post subject: Spencer
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2007 6:36 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
A few of us will be going in to help with Spencer's passing. If you can help please PM me or JMiller.

If you can't help finacially, please keep CookNThyme and her puppies in your thoughts.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2007 6:43 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
:yeah that: I know Dr. Anderson -- she's wonderful, and all three of you need and deserve someone like her in your home.

I suspect, if you're like me, taking care of details right now is a way to cope, as well as a necessity. Afterwords, when it's all hurting, you have lots of friends here (including me) to help prop you up.

Try to take everything slow and deliberate this week. It will be OK.

We are all in this together. Not a few of us, but all of us.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2007 7:47 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I am so incredibly touched, moved and blown away by everyone's kindness, compassion and generosity. Can people that I don't even know really be so amazingly selfless and reach out to embrace me like this? Is this what it feels like to really be apart of a community? I must rethink my old beliefs about the kindness of strangers. Perhaps I am going to wake up soon to find this day has really just been a dream.

Thank you, thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. My gratitude is so much deeper than I am able to express in words. To be the recipient of such random (yet deliberate) acts of kindness is unbelievable. I will pay it forward, all of it; on that you can be sure of.

I have been praying for strength, courage and the means and clarity to see my way through these hard times. So many things have been crashing down on me all at once. Too often over the past few weeks, I have questioned my ability to survive it all. Then a quiet little voice kept saying to reach out. But what if I try and there is nothing there? What kind of despair would that invite? I could never have imagined the responses like I have received over the past few days but especially what has been given to me today. Thank you everyone. I feel so blessed to be graced with such tremendous hope and a willingness to trust again. Thank you for your support and for such a wonderful and precious gift.

This has been an amazing day. My heart has been blasted wide open allowing your compassion and generosity to pour over my grief and fear, providing so much comfort.

May the greatest of blessings be bestowed upon you and yours.

Now it is dog snuggling time, then a hot bath and then some much needed sleep ...

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2007 9:04 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I as well as many others know just how you feel. About two months ago we put our girl of 13 years to sleep. She didn't have the will to get up anymore because of the pain she was in, she started nipping at people which she had never done before, and once in a while she would perk up when she heard someones voice. The night before we took her to the vet I sat with her and looked into her eyes and she told me it was time. I'm not saying start looking everyday or anything, but since you are questioning what you feel you may have to do then look him straight in the eyes, you say you don't know if if you'll know, but trust me you will. Sending and your family much love at this difficult time. :cry: :love: :dog: :dog:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2007 6:40 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Good morning

Well I spent some time snuggling with Spencer last night, asking him if he is ready to go. I felt that he was as conflicted as I have been. Is he just mirroring my emotions? Is he ready to go but wants to stay to comfort me and Barkley? It's not like there is zero quality of life for him, but it is so gosh darn low. I went to bed with doubts again.

But this morning was rough for him. He was very reluctant to let me help him get up. It was quite a struggle. He messed the floor and deck before I could get him to the yard. I kept reassuring him that it's ok, accidents happen. Oh but the look in his eyes. After he piddled a little more, his breathing became so labored I thought I was going to lose him right then. But I finally got him settled in the house and his breathing returned to normal.

I don't want him to die that way. Suffocation must be so scary and painful. It would also be horrible for me to witness that. And I don't want him to die while I'm at work. So it is time. It is definitely time.

I've never had to do this before. All of my personal pets have died from trauma (a cat and a dog hit by cars, a cat taken by an owl and another by a coyote).

I am waiting until 8am to call the vet. I will post the schedule once it has been determined.

Thank you again everyone. Your support has been invaluable.

Post subject: Spencer
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2007 8:47 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Sending hugs your way! :hugs:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2007 4:40 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
OMG this is hard.

Dr Anderson is coming over on Thursday at noon to put Spencer down. I have struggled with this so much. I may be putting him down a week or so early (because he still has an appetite) but I'd rather do that than a day too late full of suffering. He is not happy right now. I would not call it suffering either however. Except when he can't breathe. He looked so scared this morning struggling to get a breath and I felt so damn useless. There was nothing I could do. It was awful.

But then I come home after work and he's all happy again and can't wait to eat. I took him out to pee and he did great standing on his own. But then when he tried to walk he fell. So geez this is so hard. But like I said, I'd rather be a week too early than a day too late.

I am emotionally exhausted. It felt good yesterday to reach out to all of you and to receive soooooooo much support and comfort. But I now need rest and quality time with Spencer and Barkley. So don't be too concerned if I don't post anything here for several days. Now that the money is no longer an issue (thank you, thank you, thank you). I can focus my energies on loving my boys.

Namaste

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2007 7:21 pm 
Ladies, call me 303 816 9553, I got home after 7 and feed the husband and just got caught up on the posts and PM's. Jo

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 23, 2007 7:24 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Our thoughts are with you...

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next