It is currently Jul 24, 2019 12:37 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Little Owl left us on 11/11.....
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 4:56 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
***SEE MOST RECENT POST AT END OF THIS THREAD***

Owl is a kitty, about 4 or 5. He was living on his own under a temporary building when we finally coaxed him out to come live with us. He has been with us a little over 4 years, and Spuddy was his buddy.

Well............

UNBELIEVABLY, and almost unbearably, Owl is now fighting for his life at Wheatridge Animal hospital. Symptoms and blood work very similar to Spud's. Spud, Owl and our other cat, Sampson all received vaccines on the same day. (Ringo, thankfully did not!) As most of you know, Spud died two weeks ago, and now Owl is in serious condition!

I just don't know if we can bear the loss of another pet! Please, please, please pray for his return to health and to us!

I just can't believe this is happening! Owl, please get well!!!! :( :(

Image :(

Last edited by ColoradoSunshine on Nov 16, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 5:21 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Geez CS!!! This is nuts! Are the vaccines the culprits maybe? What a beautiful little kitty!!! We are thinking of you and all the pets!

Post subject: Owl
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 5:24 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
After losing Spud to IMHA, and since Owl was vaccinated the same day, vaccines are MOST DEFINITELY suspect! I will keep you all informed.

Last edited by ColoradoSunshine on Aug 26, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 5:46 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
What does the vet have to say? Or the pharmaceutical company? Is there something in your house that is toxic? Have you had the carpet cleaned lately? This is just to weird. Sorry for your losses and anguish

bubbs

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 6:25 pm 
:( Dear Cs and Printsmith, I am so sorry that this is happening to another of your furry loves. Keeping you all in prayer.
Please, if I may ask? What were they being vaccinated against? Who is your vet? Maybe others need to be vigilante against this batch of vaccine or it's manufacturer.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 7:38 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
JMiller wrote:
Please, if I may ask? What were they being vaccinated against? Who is your vet? Maybe others need to be vigilante against this batch of vaccine or it's manufacturer.

Yes, I would also like to know. I am planning on taking my kitty in next week to have her teeth cleaned. I know they are going to want to up date her shots, even thou she is 18.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 7:47 pm 
Misskate wrote:
JMiller wrote:

Yes, I would also like to know. I am planning on taking my kitty in next week to have her teeth cleaned. I know they are going to want to up date her shots, even thou she is 18.

Misskate, you can decline those shots. I have indoor only cats, I keep their shots to a minimum. My dogs too.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 7:52 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I have had Vets refuse to treat my pets if their shots are not up to date. Every time I take my dog to the kennel I have to have her shots up dated, or they won't take her.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 8:13 pm 
Misskate wrote:
I have had Vets refuse to treat my pets if their shots are not up to date. Every time I take my dog to the kennel I have to have her shots up dated, or they won't take her.

I understand about dogs in a kennel setting, it's different. My vet is Dr. Palmini at the Bailey Vet clinic and Conifer Vet Hospital. He listens to the situations of my pets and confers with me as to what is prudent and what is necessary. He does not feel that yearly vaccines are needed for my pets in their situation. I am suggesting that if this is an indoor only cat and she has had yearly vaccines all her life there is probably more risk from the vaccine then anything she is in contact with. This condition that has taken the life of CS's dog is caused by repeatedly being vaccinated, if I understand it correctly. I think she posted information in her thread about Spud. If the kitty goes outside and is a hunter, it is more likely that she should be vaccinated against rabies and distemper but I am suggesting that yearly may be more then needed. If your vet isn't up on the latest vaccine information and won't discuss these very real concerns you may want to find a vet that is willing to look at the new information and talk about this issue with you. Are you a Lone Rock client?

I just did a google: vaccine related illnesses in pets. There are reams of information. Look at the third heading on the page as an example. It is from a holistic site. My husband had a cat in Jersey that developed tumors at her vaccine sites, this eventually killed her. She was a mouser in the stable and some vaccine were warranted but the holistic vet he took her to after her cancer diagnosis suggested that ANNUAL vaccines were over-kill.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 9:36 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
I am so sorry, CS. This is just unimaginable. :(

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Be compassionate, understanding and kind. You never know who is
this close to giving up.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 9:36 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
CS & Printsmith:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both and little Owl. We pray for a speedy recovery.

When you get the chance please let us know about the vaccines...as I have some pets due for some shots very soon and I may have to rethink that if it is the same vaccine.

ColoradoKnights & Ravenous and the pack
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :cat: :cat: :cat:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2007 9:40 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh, CS! How devastating! I hope Owl recovers safely and is soon in your arms again.

Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next