It is currently Mar 22, 2019 8:56 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Nov 11, 2012 6:00 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I, too, understand that absolute, pure love and devotion. We never forget, and remembering them takes us right back to that time in our lives when we held and loved them and they returned our simple kindnesses and tender mercies a million fold. Thank you for loving him.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Nov 11, 2012 6:15 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Never forgotten and always loved. I believe the connection remains for them and for us.

:love: :rose: :love:

Hail Owl
Hail PS and also CS

Post subject: Re: Little Owl left us on 11/11.....
Post Posted: Nov 11, 2013 2:13 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Another year has transpired. Another year passed since we said goodbye to the little whooligan whose mischief filled eyes inspired his name. Six years since we said goodbye to him, but I still remember it as if it were yesterday, especially when the days that are close to it are as warm and sunny as the day we bid him farewell.

The day is less painful as the years pass, but it is far from pain free. I still miss that little boy of ours fiercely.

Mostly what I want to do this year is to remind all of you that Owl developed the autoimmune condition, IMHA, as a reaction to being vaccinated. We lost little Spud to the same thing only a few months earlier and though we were well familiar with the warning signs and got Owl immediate care it was not enough to save his life.

Please watch your furry ones closely in the days and weeks immediately following having them immunized for signs that they are developing the autoimmune response which ended up killing two of our beloved animals. I don't know if the vaccines are too strong, or if they are given too frequently, or perhaps the centuries of domestication has somehow altered the genetics of our furry kids to the point where they are more likely to develop this condition. Maybe it is what the commercial food contains, or doesn't contain, these days. I honestly have no idea, but what I can tell you is that I have met others who have suffered our loss every year since we lost Spud and Owl. Before you have your critters immunized, take a moment to refresh your memory on what the symptoms of IMHA are. Put them on the refrigerator for all in the house to see. Ask the vet to tell you what the signs of the onset of this condition are and what other complications might result. Do not presume that all will be well, that this is a routine part of their care and allow yourselves to be lulled into a false sense of security. Be vigilant and on guard for any signs that something is amiss. Do not neglect even the smallest change in behavior. The life of one you hold dear may be in the balance and it isn't possible to be too concerned for them after they have been immunized.

Please do us this favor. CS and I can bear our loss better knowing that losing Owl and Spud to IMHA has helped others to survive because their moms and dads are better informed than we were at the time.

It is, perhaps, that we lost two in such a short period of time to the same cause that has made the memory of losing them so strong. We still talk of those two and laugh at their antics before the tears well up in our eyes to the point where it is impossible to see. I'll have to ask CS to post a picture of the little whooligan here, or perhaps I should just have her add him to the memorial thread that she started in August for Spud, but either way if we have a halfway decent picture of a cat that was as dark as night (except for those large bright eyes that is) I'll ask CS to add it to one of the threads. He was such a beautiful little boy. Not handsome, beautiful - it's truly the only word to describe him, other than mischievous that is.

Thank you all for putting up with my cathartic outpouring. It really does help me make it through this day. If my post seems a bit discombobulated, it's because I find it a bit difficult to remain focused when I talk about that little boy of ours. May all of you, and all of your furry ones, be blessed with health, happiness and lots of woobies. Give them all an extra hug today in memory of our little boy, will you please?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” C.S. Lewis

"Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, . . . - Alcuin

Post Posted: Nov 11, 2013 7:21 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
PrintSmith wrote:
Another year has transpired. Another year passed since we said goodbye to the little whooligan whose mischief filled eyes inspired his name. Six years since we said goodbye to him, but I still remember it as if it were yesterday, especially when the days that are close to it are as warm and sunny as the day we bid him farewell.

The day is less painful as the years pass, but it is far from pain free. I still miss that little boy of ours fiercely.

Mostly what I want to do this year is to remind all of you that Owl developed the autoimmune condition, IMHA, as a reaction to being vaccinated. We lost little Spud to the same thing only a few months earlier and though we were well familiar with the warning signs and got Owl immediate care it was not enough to save his life.

Please watch your furry ones closely in the days and weeks immediately following having them immunized for signs that they are developing the autoimmune response which ended up killing two of our beloved animals. I don't know if the vaccines are too strong, or if they are given too frequently, or perhaps the centuries of domestication has somehow altered the genetics of our furry kids to the point where they are more likely to develop this condition. Maybe it is what the commercial food contains, or doesn't contain, these days. I honestly have no idea, but what I can tell you is that I have met others who have suffered our loss every year since we lost Spud and Owl. Before you have your critters immunized, take a moment to refresh your memory on what the symptoms of IMHA are. Put them on the refrigerator for all in the house to see. Ask the vet to tell you what the signs of the onset of this condition are and what other complications might result. Do not presume that all will be well, that this is a routine part of their care and allow yourselves to be lulled into a false sense of security. Be vigilant and on guard for any signs that something is amiss. Do not neglect even the smallest change in behavior. The life of one you hold dear may be in the balance and it isn't possible to be too concerned for them after they have been immunized.

Please do us this favor. CS and I can bear our loss better knowing that losing Owl and Spud to IMHA has helped others to survive because their moms and dads are better informed than we were at the time.

It is, perhaps, that we lost two in such a short period of time to the same cause that has made the memory of losing them so strong. We still talk of those two and laugh at their antics before the tears well up in our eyes to the point where it is impossible to see. I'll have to ask CS to post a picture of the little whooligan here, or perhaps I should just have her add him to the memorial thread that she started in August for Spud, but either way if we have a halfway decent picture of a cat that was as dark as night (except for those large bright eyes that is) I'll ask CS to add it to one of the threads. He was such a beautiful little boy. Not handsome, beautiful - it's truly the only word to describe him, other than mischievous that is.

Thank you all for putting up with my cathartic outpouring. It really does help me make it through this day. If my post seems a bit discombobulated, it's because I find it a bit difficult to remain focused when I talk about that little boy of ours. May all of you, and all of your furry ones, be blessed with health, happiness and lots of woobies. Give them all an extra hug today in memory of our little boy, will you please?

Know how you feel many of us have been there we just never get over it, Gog Bless !.

Post Posted: Nov 11, 2013 7:22 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Your darlings saved my Joey's life, remember? Had you not shared, I would not have known and reacted so quickly when Joseph Fernando ( usually known as Joey) showed the signs. Doc said to get him back there immediately and we had a better outcome than you. I will always be grateful for your insight to share, but my heart breaks for you having dodged that bullet myself. :love: :love:

Post Posted: Nov 11, 2013 7:50 am 
I am so sorry.

Post Posted: Nov 11, 2013 9:07 am 
PS, as painful as it must have been to remember as another year passes, thank you for the reminder that we all need to be aware........ :cat: :love:

Post Posted: Nov 11, 2014 2:38 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
7 years today, it hardly seems possible that it was that long ago . . .

I'm sitting here eating the sandwich that CS made for my lunch today and I am taken back to hearing her voice after Owl waited until her back was turned to snatch the lunch meat off the sandwich she was making for my lunch that day. Ever hear a mom try to scold their child while laughing? Well, that's exactly how her voice sounded.

I remember also how well that little boy was named. There was nothing that escaped his attention, he loved a high perch and he was absolutely silent when he moved. I used to tell CS that Owl didn't jump, he levitated. You didn't hear him spring or land, he was pure grace in motion.

Most of our critters have taken to CS over the years, but Owl was daddy's boy, he attached himself to me for some odd reason after CS rescued him. I'll always wonder why I suppose, but I'll always remember how special that made me feel.

Today is also the day I wish to remind everyone about the IMHA that Owl and Spud developed after receiving their immunizations. Even the slightest change in behavior by your furry one after they are immunized can be an indication that they are having an autoimmune reaction to the vaccine. It is critical that they receive immediate attention if they are having a reaction to the vaccines. Don't wait until the next day to see if they return to normal, please take them immediately to the doctor and have them looked at. It can't be overstated just how important this is.

I'll close, as always, asking that each of you give your furry ones an extra dose of love today in Owl's memory. An extra hug, a special treat, another walk, anything at all to let them know just how special they are to you. This is a unique community and one we feel blessed to be a part of. Thank you all for enriching our lives.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” C.S. Lewis

"Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, . . . - Alcuin

Post Posted: Nov 11, 2014 3:00 pm 
of course, Bill...extra love all around and especially to you two for continuing to open your home and your hearts to critters even with the heartache that sometimes comes along with it.

hugs to you guys,
ang

hail sweet Owl

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Nov 11, 2014 4:10 pm 
Hail little Owl

Post Posted: Nov 11, 2014 5:08 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
PS, I am so sorry for your loss of your Owl many years ago. Perhaps there is a message in this, that you post on the loss every year. I hope that all pet owners will think about, or be open to, thinking "outside the box" and not feel compelled to vaccinate their animals every year. I am not making this as a political statement but moreso, a statement of fact, that many vaccinations can trigger a severe reaction and long term/permanent illness or medical conditions in your pets. Many contemporary veterinarians are now on board with NOT doing yearly vaccinations. Do a bit of research and come to your own conclusions on what is best for your pet. As an alternative, please consider doing antibody titers for parvo/distemper, even rabies, on your pet. Yes, it is more expensive up front but it is NOT something that needs to be done every year. It may contribute greatly to your pet's longevity and health. Yearly vaccinations are a thing of the past. It makes the owner feel better but does not always do right by your pet.
Again, my condolences at the loss of your little beloved Owl. We all have a special creature that has touched our heart and of which we can never let go.

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2014 4:51 pm 
Hail Little Owl, still loved and always in your heart with wonderful memories.
Playing at Rainbow Bridge with Taffy and all the others we love so much!

Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next