It is currently Oct 14, 2019 9:36 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: YOUR BEST FRIEND WITH FOUR LEGS
Post Posted: Feb 18, 2004 10:55 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Ok I posted in the wrong forum..

But we all seem to have domestic pets us accompanions . Let's hear about some of the pine cam 4-legged kids

BigJer how are the ferrets?
Kathi was that you that adopted ZOE? baby pictutures please
Henri; muncher is to cute - do you have any more pictures?
Cos ; You have Willie (smooches for you W )
and Blueruck; I believe that is a black lab
I would post pictures of my friend clair ,, once I figure out how to do it

Lets identify some of our inhabitants that the FBI is not interested in!
Just a joke

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 18, 2004 11:28 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I have bunny rabbits. My favorite breed is the Holland Lop. They are small (3-4 lbs), fun, and loving. They can even be litter box trained and make excellent indoor pets.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 12:18 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I have five dogs and two parakeets. They are all rescues.

Casey is 12 and she is a golden. i adopted her from soneone who could not take her to an apartment. She is the symbol of doggie perfection. Grady is from the dumb friends league. He is a lab mix and quite stinky. I need to get his teeth cleaned. Sarah is a rottie from an accidental litter. She weighs 80 pounds and has had both of her knees fixed. One was acl replacement and the other was TPLO. Waylon and Willy are from the golden rescue. They were transported from OK. They were found in a tornado.

My two parakeets are Hercules and Zena. They came from a home housing people for the mentally handicapped. They are quite stand-offish, but they are cared for well.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 12:40 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Lovelops, me too. I've got a boy (who's been in my avatar previously) who is wonderful. Follows me around the house, begs for treats, is very loving. Oh-he doesn't have the attitude my cat has, and he doesn't make a lot of noise like my dogs, either. :D

How many pets do I have? Too many! (luv em though)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 9:09 am 
Most of our kids are rescues too.

Image Killean is the only non-rescue and is a pure-bred Cairn Terrier. She is a little darling sweetie and got a pacemaker this last year since her heart had significant pauses. She is very stubborn but keeps up with her siblings. Her favorite treat is anything she can get.

Image Romeo was our first rescue dog. He is a beautiful border collie mix and is extremely smart and protective (well he is a border collie!) He adores attention and hiking and showing off. Yes he knows how pretty he is. He always gets the last bite of bannana and enjoys veggies.

Amorous (no photo) we adopted from a rescue in Utah through PetFinder.com. She is a border collie and springer spaniel mix and is only still when she is sound asleep. We guess she is around 4 1/2 now but she has the energy of a puppy. We are her fifth home, we guess because she is so high strung. She is still a beggar ...

Image Sir Edmund was a psychotic kitten and we threatened to return him to the rescue many times. He has become a saint and darling cat, waiting for us at the door when we return home, meditating in sunbeams, and doing yoga. But he still gets into things when the mood strikes, and loves to "play" with the dog ... with all claws extended. Boogie is a stoner kitty and begs for catnip.

Image Malkin is our Big Black Voodoo Kitty. He is gorgeous with striking grey tufts around his ears and piercing yellow eyes. He has a healing touch and will not leave the sick or sad until they are better. He was from a humane society too and was raised by a Great Dane until adopted. Malkin always gets one popcorn piece but loves only the freshest of fish!

Last edited by logcabincook on Feb 19, 2004 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 3:15 pm 
Oh so love the pics! They are all darling.

Would show you my best friends with four legs but none are domesticated and I don't know how to put pics on this website. So I will just continue to use them as my avatar as that is the only thing I know how to do.

Thank you for sharing your friends. Lovelops the bunny rabbit is so cute. Look forward to seeing more best friends.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 3:24 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
ImageImage

Dinah is my 8yr old black lab/chow mix. Bane of coyotes or any intruders, she takes her job as my protector very seriously unless I'm attacked in a thunderstorm or by fireworks. She's very gentle. Pokes squeak toys with her nose, to make them squeak & likes to roll Zoe over & poke her, to see if she'll squeak. Sometimes it works!
Zoe is 4 mos now and Denver Humane had her listed as a shepherd mix but everyone who meets her says, "Oooh! Golden!" The vet told me that the mix may very well be shepherd but the golden is more obvious. She's a little fruitcake & is convinced she's a lap dog but she's 32lbs already! Dinah & I are working hard to shape her up. Think they'll make a dynamite team of watch dogs, once Zoe learns that reflections in windows, mirrors & the dishwasher are not intruders.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 3:32 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Quote:
BigJer how are the ferrets?

The Ferretts are doing great! I will get some newer pics of them and post them. I will also post my ever growing brood of canines! Just gotta figure out how to get a decent picture of my black lab. She never comes out well in images. May have to take her to the snow so she stands out!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 3:40 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
BigJer, Dinah is very hard to take a picture of as well, for the same reason. I get these black blobs with no features! Also she hates to have her picture taken & usually turns her back to me & walks away. (Thanks for the help with the pix!)

Post subject: Here are our sweet 4-legged ones!
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 4:19 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
This is Cody, the eldest, and our 'bark alarm'. Cody likes big windows, chilling on the deck, belly scratches, going for walks, protecting Mom, barkinging at squirrels, deer, dogs, foxes, people, etc.
His dislikes include vegetables and loud trucks.

Mischief-- aka 'Scarredy-Cat' is second in line. Her likes include food, treats, sleeping near your pillow, the woodstove and belly scratches.
Dislikes anything that comes near her and her new sister.

Cheyenne is the sweetest-- ever! He likes snacks, balls, eating, stuffed animals, following his humans around, food, chuck-it, people, animals, and his sweet sister Emma.
Dislikes his nails getting clipped, going outside at night by himself.

This is our latest addition-- Emma! She loves her kibble, pouncing, running, being held, playing, waking up her humans, and her big dog brothers-- especially Cheyenne!
Dislikes her nails being clipped and being hissed at by her big sister Mischief.

Not pictured: Thelonious and Curtis-- the beautiful singing canaries! Their likes are fresh vegetables, taking bathes, vacuuming, music & movies, the picture window and sitting out on the deck.
Dislikes humans!

Last edited by MountDream on Oct 13, 2005 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 4:24 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
The pictures of everybody's families are so wonderful to see!!

"The greatest casualty is being forgotten..."

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 19, 2004 4:52 pm 
Here are (were) our babies. The bigger one (Bear) passed away in July, and left a huge hole in our life. He sure loved balloons! We are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to get another best bud. The smaller one (Bruin) is a 30mph couch potato and the sweetest dog I have ever met! She misses her best friend. Bear was a twice abandoned dog when he came to live with us, and Bruin was an unwanted dog from Pueblo! I can't imagine not wanting them. :lovers:

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next