It is currently Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 21, 2004 7:21 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster

Well, lets see if this works! Thanks Bigjer for all of your help!!!

These are my furry-people and I love them to pieces! Both are elderly, so every day with them is a gift. Duffy is a shepherd/husky mix who is 13 and acts like he's still a pup. He's very vocal and will talk your leg off as long as you care to listen! I got him from a rescue organization where he was abandoned after a pretty tough life of abuse and neglect. You'd never know it by his sweet personality. He wasn't neutered when we got him, and I swear he knew what was coming...everytime I had an appointment for him, he'd get out of the yard and run like heck. Once he was gone for 3 1/2 weeks. Long story, but we looked for him everyday and FINALLY got him home, AFTER a trip to the vet for the dreaded surgery he's pretty much been a cuddly old couch potato ever since.
His best buddy is Nikiya. She's 13, a husky/shepherd/& supposedly wolf mix. She's as sweet and gentle as can be, too smart for her own good and also an accomplished escape artist. She's also a confirmed couch potato, even has her own couch, and you'd better not try to sit there! I could go on and on about her little escapades, if a dog can have an ornery sense of humor, she certainly does. She knows how to push your buttons and just how far she can go. From stealing and hiding your things to hogging the bed to knowing how to get exactly what she wants, she's been a barrel of laughs to have around! She was abandoned also and adopted from the DFL, probably too much of a handful for somebody but boy, did they ever miss out on a great friend! I know neither of them will be around much longer, and do we ever dread those days. We hope it won't be soon.

Nikiya Marie
July 7, 1991-November 19, 2004
Rest in peace baby, Kia. God we miss you so much already, our hearts are just shattered! Wait for us and we'll run and play again on the other side someday, ok? We love you pretty girl.................

Duffy "Ol' Duffer"
1992?-March 14, 2005
You came to us late in your life, and left us way too soon. You left a huge hole in our hearts. We miss you so much, buddy, but your pal Nikiya must've needed you to play with up there. Have fun together, keep smiling & we'll see you again someday. We love you, too.

[/list]

Last edited by whitewolfie on Mar 19, 2005 10:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 22, 2004 4:40 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster

these are 2 of our feathered babies -- we have lots of four legged ones too... it's a regular zoo here-- and i love it that way :)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 7:30 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Wow!! What gorgeous macaws! We had a blue-fronted amazon named Chiquita for over 20 years but lost her last year. I cried for a month.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 10:56 am 
I am so sorry about your amazon -- I know the feeling -- i did the same thing when I lost one of my macaws several years ago. A lot of people just didn't understand why i was so upset -- said 'it's just a bird'... but they aren't - they are like family -- and as naughty as they can be sometimes, and the damage they do to my house.. i wouldn't trade any of them for the world :)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 11:36 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
The funnest thing was I kept looking over to the corner where her cage was and would say goodbye in the morning cuz that was what we did when we would leave. She always said goodbye and I love you.

For months I thought I heard her whistling, laughing (she laughed just like my husband) and the dropping of bird seed/carrots, etc. It was kinda spooky.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 12:09 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I'm at work so I can't do the picture thing.

Never thought I'd like birds but we got adopted by a pied Cockatiel. His name is Thwack (has to do with how he lands ... I'm sure you all get the picture). He loves to make cat sounds, mimick rude body noises, fly free around the house, groom our hair, eat from our plates, dance and drive his kitty brother and sister bonkers. He has me wrapped around his tiny little talons.

Piku (northern Fin word meaning "little one") is a four year old cat with fat hair. Loves watching the bird (only chased it once, went on a HUGE gilt trip when he nicked the little guy and drew a drop of blood, never chased him again). Also loves taking the whole darned bed at night, cuddling in laps to watch movies and pulling sneak attacks on his little sis. Hates Elk, runs and hides in a closet till he can't hear or smell them anymore. He'll draw blood if you try to force him out of hiding. He's a bit on the ferrel side and, while he loves his family, he'll draw blood on anyone else silly enough to try touching him.

Last but not least, little Tig. She came crawling up to our back door this past spring, looked to be about 4 months old and barely alive. We took her in and nursed her back to health. She's a bit older than we thought 'cause she no sooner got healthy than she went into heat. Vet thinks she's a bit more than one year old now and she's making up for lost time. She weighs 6.5 lbs and loves jumping (she can clear 5' from a standstill and with a running start ... look out. We're still trying to find her little rocket boosters. She gives high energy a whole new meaning. She also loves to "chase" the bird and is just about fast enough to catch him so we have to be very careful until she outgrows it. She will only eat cat food and some meat but she has to lick everything (must have been raised by dogs). My bag and each article of clothing gets "tasted" as soon as I get home at night. She hates being scolded and will play swat and scold right back.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 1:54 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
These are my boys Henry & Beta (his a test and has been a great dog). Henry's 7yrs and Beta just turned 2.[center][/center]

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 2:08 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Image[/img]

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 2:10 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
oops! Forgot to introduce Irving (boxer/english bulldog) and Sadie at 2 mos (rottweiler/gordon setter) - now Sadie is much bigger than Irving - and, they keep pushing us out of bed! Lots of love but NO respect!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 4:10 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
[center]a new picture of Jack[/center]
[center]he's turning into a pretty good fishing companion[/center]

Have fun
Paul

http://web.me.com/riverwader/blog/Embracing_the_Chaos/Embracing_the_Chaos.html

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 5:07 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Here are our pets. All are loving the mountain life, especially the dog!

Abita, 7 months old, playing on Rollins Pass

Monty

Maddy (yes, they are practically twins)

Boots, Queen of the house

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 23, 2004 10:12 pm 
AWWW! Everyone's pets are adorable! I love them all -- & the dog in the boat is great - most of ours want nothing to do with boats. Our pyr hates water in general... Is the dog in the snow a malamute or a husky?

These are pics of my big 4 legged girl, queen of the woodpile -- my little 4 legged pug boy, and Dehlila my angel bird doing her psycho dance (my neighbors have told me sometimes it sounds like we are living in the rainforest -- the macaws like to get the dogs howling -- lucky for me they don't mind it!) gotta love good neighbors :jumping:

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next