It is currently Jul 6, 2020 8:18 pm 

Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
desktop webpage or mobile webpage

Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 35  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: My Journey with a bum shoulder - @ 5 yrs-replace in Sept
Post Posted: Sep 13, 2019 10:10 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
A great relief! Your Rogerator sounds like an exceptional helper. (I have one of those, too!). With his help and your determined attitude, things will go well. If your PT is too hard on you, just have Roger pay them a little visit. :lol:

banner yet wave ..”

Post Posted: Sep 13, 2019 11:54 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I am up and showered. oh man that was nice! the plants are wilting as I walk by anymore. :dancing: After Roger's bicycle accident, we have a teak bench and bars installed in shower along with hand held shower. Cassi would not get up this morning. sometime after 3am she decided that my lap (since I am sleeping sitting up) with a down pillow on it for my arm is THE BEST place in the universe to sleep.
Roger is getting good at putting my hair up in a bun with a scrunchie. Cutting back on pain meds starting today. Ice machine is MUST have device post surgery.
Incision looks good. no bleeding no infection. all bandages off now.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 13, 2019 12:02 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Sounds like progress!
I'm smiling for you. Big time!
Mrs. BGR

Post Posted: Sep 13, 2019 12:06 pm 
Good report, I am so glad to hear that you are healing!

Post Posted: Sep 13, 2019 12:28 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Good to hear how you are doing. Lovely that the cat found the best and most comfortable spot to keep you company. They are expert at that, bless 'em.

Post Posted: Sep 13, 2019 6:10 pm 
all in all, it was a tough day today. I reduced the pain meds from 10mg every 4 hours to 5mg. glad to have gotten shower in. I walked around a bit outside.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 13, 2019 8:34 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Outside? Well, I can't believe you are up and moving, very nice! Outside on a beautiful day like today has to be good for you. Hope you have a restful night.

Post Posted: Sep 13, 2019 9:01 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
My wife had seven knee surgeries in 25 years before finally getting a full knee replacement this past January. She's currently averaging 20,000 steps/day at work. Orthopedics sure has come a long way in those 25 years.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 6:14 am 
I am staying downstairs in the guest room with Cassi as I am moving around and up and down too much to bother Roger and Albe up here. I have a pillow haven set up on the sofa (which is big and comfy) and that is where I sit to sleep. I also have the ice machine set up there. I cannot put weight on my shoulder blade as it causes great pain.

I have to keep moving around or else I feel like I will get stiff as a board. I just got up at 5am and am having coffee and a blueberry muffin. I am NEVER up at this time, except to pee. LOL. But, it was time to move. So I came upstairs and am hanging out with Albe and watching Star Trek DS9. the full moon is pretty and it is fairly warm out at 51 degrees. the last couple of mornings, it has been in the low to mid 30's.

I have two exercises to do to "wake up my shoulder" While it is not the most pleasant in the world, afterwards it does help to keep it loosened up a little bit. While I hate slings and am not required to wear one, I do most of the time when I am up and walking around. I am not ready for the shoulder to just hang there.

and elkcreekgeek, I cannot even fathom 25 surgeries. They must have put a zipper on it. I am so glad she is getting relief.

So Dr Reister always wears the coolest socks. I ask him to lift his pant legs whenever I go see him to check out what he is wearing and he always coordinates it with the rest of his outfit. This past July, I took Heather, one of The Rogernator's daughters who was visiting, to Morrison. I found the COOLEST socks that I bought for him. They were mostly black and pink and were a kind of night mountain scene. He told me that he was going to try to remember to wear them for my surgery. He forgot :(. He had two shoulder replacements the day before and two that day, etc for a record number of shoulder replacements in one week of nine.

Well, the next morning, he is doing rounds about 7:30am and comes in and turns on the flaming sun fluorescent light panel in the ceiling over my bed and lifts his leg up on the bed to show me the socks. He said he had a whole different outfit picked out but felt bad that he forgot and changed everything. He had on a pink shirt and cool tie and the socks. What a memory he made for me. ♥
I found out later, talking with one of the therapists that gifts for surgeons should be either socks or shoes since the rest of the time, they are wearing scrubs. Well, I did not know that but nailed it.

removed annoying gif image

I go back for post op check Tuesday the 24th. We'll then determine PT. I plan to try out Conifer PT. I have heard good things and they are much closer than driving all the way over to Evergreen.

Last edited by Wily Fox aka Angela on Sep 17, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 7:33 am 
Glad you are through this, mostly. I am sorry about the pain, though. I’m glad the ice helps. Don’t know what your PT will say but there is a device that my son used when recovering from knee surgery that basically manipulates the joint to keep range of motion and blood flow. He rented this machine and it helped. Wishing you love and luck!

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 9:04 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Unfortunately, I don't know of any drugs that are between OTC Advil and opioids. There needs to be one.

banner yet wave ..”

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 11:07 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
You could make your own "medium," drug. Double the Advil, Tylenol, etc. or half the Oxycodone. That works well.

Or- please- rub CBD all over your body, eat it, shower with it. All the crazy ads indicate it can fix everything. We don't need anything else- hooo boy! :rof laughing:

Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 35  Next