It is currently Jul 6, 2020 8:40 pm 

Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
desktop webpage or mobile webpage

Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 35  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: My Journey with a bum shoulder - @ 5 yrs-replace in Sept
Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 12:01 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I hear ya, Chakraz. cbd has gotten out of hand with claims. most is just snake oil now

I am feeling better. I am having some lunch. I know that I will go through varying degrees of pain as it heals

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 12:59 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
That was a huge, major surgery. Take it slowly, take your pain meds, get out in this wonderful weather, put a warm cat on your lap and call me in the morning. No seriously, I hope healing is extra quick for you but please don't over do yet. Give yourself some time.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm 
yes ma'am... seriously, most of the time I am sitting or sleeping but when I get up I want to move around a bit and get a few things done. all one armed and nothing taxing.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 5:04 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Glad to hear that, A tiny bit of exercise is great but wow, you barely got out of the hospital and back home. So good that you are taking care of yourself and not over doing. Loved the video of Dr Reister, very fun socks and bright vest too. Snazzy dresser!

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 5:11 pm 
that was a gif NOT my doctor! LOL

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 6:33 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
What? I've been punked? I thought that was your doctor's bright socks! :rof laughing:

Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 8:09 am 
I have been using the ice machine (cleverly called The Cold Rush), more because I was afraid of what pain I would feel if I did not. Last night about 12:30am, I turned it off and did not take any pain meds since 8:45. I did not get up at all. Mostly because Cassi was so dang cute stretched out across me. And yes, I am keeping my incision covered and she is not allowed any access to the left side of me. I got up at 6:30, a little stiff, but little pain also. I am keeping my arm protected. I have 9 more days before staples come out and yes I am counting. The two under my armpit are uncomfortable.
The goal today (5 days post surgery) is to see how long I can go without taking pain meds.

Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 8:34 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I just noticed this old thread on the home page and saw you went thru a second shoulder surgery. I definitely feel your pain. Left shoulder 6 years ago, took 19 months to heal. Just did the right one May 1. Now I've hit the same plateau with PT as I did with the first shoulder. Looking at a 2nd surgery on this one, too.

Not nearly as serious as what you went thru. But between the shoulders and the back I seem to have a standing reservation on the MRI machine.

And I hate the itching from opioids, too. I tried Tramadol but it kept me awake. So, now, I just go without pain meds other than Tylenol or Advil.

I sincerely hope you recover soon and completely. And I keep telling myself at least I don't have 3 shoulders.

Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 10:28 am 
man, what kind of surgeries have you had?

Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 4:48 pm 
I tried to go without pain meds today. I was miserable. I took one at 11am after 9 1/2 hours and another just now at 4:30 after 5 1/2 hours. I took it very easy today.

Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 7:22 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Have they started you doing physical therapy yet? You haven't mentioned it which got me curious! I know things change, but when I had my shoulders done they had me doing physical therapy from Day One! If you are not doing any exercises yet, when do you start? And will you be using Home Health Care for your PT?

Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 7:25 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Angela, when I am weaning myself off of pain meds I tend to alternate between painkillers and Asprin, Tylenol, Advil....whatever works for you. But after my car accident I found this wonderful stuff you can buy on Amazon called Formula 303 https://www.amazon.com/Formula-Maximum-Strength-Natural-Relaxant/dp/B0016KX9SI/ref=sr_1_2?hvadid=77721781660535&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=formula+404&qid=1568597045&sr=8-2

Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 35  Next