Post subject: Wake Up
Post Posted: Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!

Post subject: Re: Wake Up
Post Posted: Jun 24, 2020 9:59 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thank-you Jmiller. YouTube removed this video. Saved this. It is bad how someone can be destroyed just for bringing truth to light.

Post Posted: Jun 24, 2020 10:40 am 
WOW 8O It is time to wake up! I had no idea how corrupt Dr Anthony Fauci was. 8O

Post Posted: Jun 24, 2020 11:40 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I placed these additional links here to show both sides of what is presented in the video:

https://www.thequint.com/news/world/pla ... s-debunked

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05 ... auci-viral

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/alt- ... -1.5577013

I hope everyone will draw their own conclusions now they have more information.

Post Posted: Jun 24, 2020 11:52 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
wmaccuish wrote:
I hope everyone will draw their own conclusions now they have more information.

Yes, but is it the information that people really want? Looks like several here have already made up their minds without bothering to do any such fact-checking.

Post Posted: Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Another source discussing the OP's link:
[url]
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/the-f ... mic-video/[/url]

There are other resources for fact checking if you don't care for factcheck.org

Mrs. LePappy

Post Posted: Jun 25, 2020 8:33 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
You all might check out Snopes.com to find out the real story of Judy Mikovits. She apparently has quite a reputation and is bit of a "interesting character". She also believes that masks cause Covid-19. https://www.snopes.com/?s=Dr.+Judy+Mikovits https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05 ... auci-viral.

Taza

Post Posted: Jun 25, 2020 8:42 am 
gia58 wrote:
Thank-you Jmiller. YouTube removed this video. Saved this. It is bad how someone can be destroyed just for bringing truth to light.

When youtube or FB or google censors anything these days, it's all the more reason critical thinkers should seek it out for themselves when information is being denied to them.
As an FYI, I am in the process of exploring the other links provided here by our members. I'm also looking at the reporters in these links, their other works, their associations and the general tone of the publications these links are part of.

It leads to more questions.

At this point, I believe this interesting character...

Post Posted: Jun 25, 2020 10:16 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
JMiller wrote:
At this point, I believe this interesting character...

And, also at this point, I do not. The claims are extraordinary and do not appear to be buttressed by any sort of reliable and repeatable scientific validation. I tend to the belief that, the more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the proof required. If XMRV is being blamed as a cause of such disparate conditions as chronic fatigue syndrome, autism, and cancer, then that qualifies to me as an extraordinary claim. Until it is peer-validated, that is all it is … a claim. And JM, I have to say it disappoints me to see that you start out as a believer of such a claim before it can be so proven, and that you feel that the media and the health industry is behind a conspiracy to tarnish this "interesting character". Until I see a lot better proof, I will continue to lean skeptically and put more faith in Snopes and such than I do in such sensationalistic claims.

Post Posted: Jun 25, 2020 5:13 pm 
keg wrote:
And JM, I have to say it disappoints me.

You’ll get over it. :love:

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2020 4:36 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Snopes has pretty much turned into the MSM of so-called fact checking, IMO. Especially when it comes to things that are non-main stream. Back in the day, Snopes was the first place I used to go to check out the veracity of things. Their change was not sudden but over a few years they definitely became biased, but would still present the data. A few more years and they turned farther left and no longer bothered with 'the other side'. So I stopped going to their site and started questioning whenever anyone noted them as the source. JM2CW

The day and age is long past when altruism was admirable, let alone a common practice in science, technology, business, or even the services.

Smear campaigns and/or censorship are super easy now what with social media and internet availability. And in a peer-review world this practice is even easier, and done for many reasons (money, prestige, power to name a few) that aren't "to benefit all humankind". It's unfortunate, but a matter of fact. And there is no call or champion to effect a change.

Just look at what the so-called cancel culture does even to fairly normal, non-famous people every day. And then how that gets amped up many fold whenever there is any kind of name recognition. It's almost like a game - the more famous or recognized the person you shame or humiliate the more bonus points you get. Who is going to stand against that? Not me. Pinecam is about as social as my media gets.

Most days I find there is just too much spin on everything for the truth to be able to hang on to it.

So If I don't have first hand knowledge of something from experience, study, or close association to the source, I just take it in for evaluation. Then I can make an easy call to label it 'confirmation bias', do my due diligence and check further sources, or just let it go for now. Again, JM2CW.

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2020 9:34 pm 
I find Snopes to be accurate and dependable and have never seen any bias. I do use many sources to verify articles and if I only find an article posted on non-verified sites, I quickly toss that article out as unuseful to me

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next