It is currently Sep 16, 2019 8:11 am 

Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
desktop webpage or mobile webpage

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: lockheed martin retiree plan changes - BEWARE!
Post Posted: Jun 25, 2015 4:58 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
As a lockheed Martin employee(retired) I was fairly satisfied with the benefits - UNTIL NOW!
The company choose to transfer benefit plans to Towers Watsons Oneexchange. With their help my perscription drug coverage was transferred. Previously with MEDCO/express scripts one of my drugs cost me 40.00 a month. With the new plan it will cost $776.00 !!! I have had lengthy conversations with oneexchange as well as their RX provider with no joy! I also called LMCO corporate - the only advice they gave me was the mailing address for corporate headquarters.
Their comment was all large corporations are doing similar things to their retirees!
Perhaps there is some legal recourse?
...j

Post subject: Re: lockheed martin retiree plan changes - BEWARE!
Post Posted: Jun 25, 2015 5:26 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Try switching to obamacare. Obamacare will save you money!

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Maybe it's time

Post Posted: Jun 25, 2015 7:25 pm 
Actually I have several friends who will confirm AlwaysRight's assessment. Though it was never promised to save you money, only expand healthcare coverage to those who didn't have/couldn't afford it.

Somehow I don't think he means it however. Just a sense...

Post Posted: Jun 25, 2015 11:07 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Red_Chili wrote:
Actually I have several friends who will confirm AlwaysRight's assessment. Though it was never promised to save you money, only expand healthcare coverage to those who didn't have/couldn't afford it.

Somehow I don't think he means it however. Just a sense...

"Though it was never promised to save you money,"????
I seem to remember someone in a position of authority telling us, almost every day for two years strait, it would save a family of four $2000 dollars a year!

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2015 6:53 am 
I know a family of four for whom that is quite true.

The promise was not, it will save EVERY family of four $2K a year. Depends on one's means. Oh, but I suppose that is redistributionist, to provide a safety net for the most vulnerable. I get it. Why I am no longer a Republican in fact.

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2015 7:20 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Welcome to Obamacare.

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2015 10:17 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Working for a small company, we were paying 33% more for our own insurance directly compared to what we could get with "Obamacare". "Obamacare" reduced our premiums, gave us better coverage, and included pre-existing conditions too.

You only get subsidies if you are lower income, but even full price it is a much better deal than what people can get individually, in our current extremely broken healthcare system.

If only it was available a few years back when my buddy was inbetween jobs with a pregnant wife and had to continue COBRA for a hugely inflated price because no insurance company would cover his wife's "pre-existing" pregnancy.

Next up: abolishing insurance companies and making all drug companies non-profits. :D You shouldn't have to be an active employee at a big company to get good insurance, we should all get the care we need as a fundamental right. People who can't afford it need the help even more so.

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2015 11:09 am 
+1
Access to healthcare should not be reserved for the well off or the fortunate. Healthcare is not based on a meritocracy. Let me rephrase that... Healthcare *should not* be based on a meritocracy. Not sure we are quite there yet by any measure.

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2015 11:50 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Next up: abolishing insurance companies and making all drug companies non-profits.

Oh I like that one. My daughter found a doctor who took no health insurance, said he hated all the paperwork & dealing with ins. companies. So he also charged less. Was wonderful wish more were like that. He also did old fashioned billing and payment plans.

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2015 12:09 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
A lot of doctors are for getting rid of insurance companies, over 19,000 of them at least: http://www.pnhp.org/

Post Posted: Jun 27, 2015 9:29 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
WoodRat wrote:
A lot of doctors are for getting rid of insurance companies, over 19,000 of them at least: http://www.pnhp.org/

These doctors are not in favor of getting rid of "insurance" but rather having only ONE insurance company - the U.S. government.
It is ironic that so many doctors have refused to serve patients who are on medicaid and medicare!!
As usual, it's all about $$$.
Speaking of $$$, I still see no answer to how the Obamacare advocates plan on affording this health care plan. I see most of the costs being added on to the middle class. It is funny how people think "just get rid of all insurance companies so the cost will go down 15% or so."
Yeah - right. What about the millions of middle class people EMPLOYED by those insurance companies? :doh:
Maybe the government can just hire them all to work for Obamacare - with more money and benefits to boot!

Post Posted: Jun 27, 2015 5:54 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
+1

The primary problem is and has been the insurance companies. The ACA is heavily weighted in their favor. The insurance companies colluding with pharmaceuticals were the designers of the crazy system which drives the outrageous costs for drugs we have to pay in this country.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next