Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
desktop webpage or mobile webpage

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Seeking Hip Replacement (Anterior Approach) Surgeon
Post Posted: Jul 19, 2015 8:59 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I submitted a post last month and am still hoping to receive a few more replies (and referrals)! I need to have a total hip replacement surgery (anterior approach) in the very near future! I am still recovering from a total shoulder replacement surgery from this past April, but since my hip has deteriorated so rapidly, waiting any longer is not an option! In just the past few weeks, I have lost my ability to do most things, daily activities such as walking, bathing, shopping, dressing, etc.! When a joint decides to bite the dust, it can happen quite quickly! So if you have used an orthopedic surgeon that you think is the best, please let me know! I have spent the last two months literally sitting on the sofa and I cannot get this handled quick enough and to get my life back to normal! Thanks for your suggestions!

Post subject: Re: Seeking Hip Replacement (Anterior Approach) Surgeon
Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 2:56 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Our recommendation is Panorama Orthopedics, based in Golden. They took great care of my husband when he fell and broke his hip. His surgery was at St Anthony's in Lakewood, and our ortho surgeon was Dr Patel. The follow up care provided by that practice was great!!!! Let us know what you need, you will be off your feet and doing PT for awhile!

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 6:24 am 
I'll second Panorama hands down. Dr Mills has revised my hip twice after someone else gave me a dodgy one that failed and left huge amounts of damage. I trust him completely.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 7:06 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Another vote for Panorama - my mom had both of her hips and a knee replaced over the past several years. Dr Mills did the last two surgeries. He's wonderful! The surgeries were done at Colorado Ortho Hospital (next to St Anthony's) which is a wonderful facility.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 8:21 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I just had a knee replaced 4 weeks ago and I can highly recommend Dr. Raymond Kim of the Colorado Joint Replacement center at Porter Hospital. It was a wonderfully and surprisingly good experience. Don't get me wrong, surgery is bad not matter what, but these people have really got it together. One whole floor of the hospital is only for knee and hip replacement patients and the staff is specially trained just for that and they work as a team with the surgeons staff. The hospital is very modern, clean, uncrowded and all the rooms are private. The people are really friendly and helpful, and the food is really good! (try the carrot cake, yum yum.) I would recommend this hospital to anyone considering surgery of any kind.

Jack

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 9:34 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I broke my hip several years ago in a skiing accident. I went to Dr. Reister with Colorado Orthopedic Group out of Swedish. He is a great surgeon who has my total confidence. My wife works in surgery and has worked alongside Dr. Reister and many ofcasions and has the same opinion of his as I do, he is the surgeon she insisted I see after my accident.
Good luck.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 11:37 am 
Reister's specialty is shoulders, I worked for him many many yrs.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 4:24 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
mummydog wrote:
Our recommendation is Panorama Orthopedics, based in Golden. They took great care of my husband when he fell and broke his hip. His surgery was at St Anthony's in Lakewood, and our ortho surgeon was Dr Patel. The follow up care provided by that practice was great!!!! Let us know what you need, you will be off your feet and doing PT for awhile!

Many recommendations for Panorama! But there are only two surgeons at that facility who do the anterior approach to hip replacement surgery, a Doctor Thomas and a Doctor Peace. This procedure is still relatively new, but it is my understanding that this particular surgery is so much easier and the recovery is faster and smoother, with a lot less restrictions when it comes to crossing the legs, bending, etc.! I have my 90-day post-op appointment with my shoulder surgeon this Friday and hope to get the okay to be able to have my hip done as early as the end of next month. I can't last much longer in my current state! I am now totally housebound and am stuck on the sofa! Fortunately both my freezer and pantry are relatively full with easy prep items (I love my microwave...lol)! At least the one doctor that I have seen so far did agree that my quality of life is zilch and I need to have my hip done asap! Thanks for your reply and I am happy to hear that your hubby is doing so well! Have a wonderful week! Lori

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 4:51 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I would highly recommend Dr. Craig Loucks of Peak Orthopedics. Dr. Loucks does knee and hip replacements, and uses a minimally invasive procedure that makes the recovery process much faster and easier. My wife had a knee replacement in March, and was walking up and down stairs in our home within 3 days, and is now back hiking and cycling. He also did a hip replacement on a friend 2 years ago and that was another fantastic success. Surgeries are done at Sky Ridge medical center, which I was thoroughly impressed with the staff and facilities as well as their approach to recovery.

Good luck with the surgury and back to the life you want.

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather" - John Ruskin

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 7:45 pm 
Craig Loucks did my hip (anterior) 4 years ago. He and his partner have done more of these types of surgeries than most in Colorado. Back at work two weeks after surgery. Highly recommend.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2015 8:15 pm 
Dr Thomas (Panorama); office located on Lucent Blvd, surgery performed at Littleton Adventist's Hospital off Broadway. I just had an anterior hip replacement in March. Very positive experience-all around.

Post Posted: Jul 21, 2015 8:32 am 
After extensive research, chose Dr. Robert Greenhow at Peak Orthopedics with surgery at Sky Ridge. He & his partner Craig Loucks have been performing anterior hip replacements for years. They need a special table which is why the surgery is only performed at Sky Ridge. I had ZERO downtime...walked half-mile in 4 days, driving in 5 days & back to work in a week. The reason for the quick recovery is that the anterior approach does not cut through your glute muscle. www.peakorthopedics.com Don't let anyone else "hack" around on you!

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next