Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
desktop webpage or mobile webpage

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Gastric Bypass Surgery
Post Posted: May 29, 2018 11:56 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Just to offer another viewpoint here. I had bariatric surgery 8 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Sure, I gained 40 pounds back but am still 150 under my starting weight. I have yet to meet a person who had Roux-en-Y bypass who regretted having it done. Now as for the "Lap band", that is a whole other story - I would NEVER recommend that as I have met many people who failed with it. The sleeve was just starting to get approved so I really didn't have that choice yet. Did you know that Bariatric surgery has a better cure rate for type 2 diabetes than anything else? 95% plus! I was borderline bad with type 2 diabetes, triglycerides, cholesterol, etc. and within a month it was ALL gone!
You do have to have a lifetime eating habit change but the surgery definitely made it easier. Dumping Syndrome wasn't a big deal and actually I considered it a BLESSING as it helped reminding me to lay off the sugar. Having that top 3 feet of small intestine removed does mean you have to take some nutritional supplements (B1,B12,Calcium, Iron) but it also cuts down the craving for sugar and the digestion of sugar. In other words you make the sugar "less bad" because you absorb less.
I can't imagine NOT having processed foods - especially because I just don't like vegetables very much. Most diets fail because the restrictions of them are too unbearable and then they are abandoned. Give up forever pizza, oreos, peanut butter, dark chocolate, cheese, ice cream, wine? NEVER! I think the best diet is MODERATION with everything and lots of exercise, even if it is not in a gym but in our beautiful back yard. It was a wonderful feeling finally climbing my first 14er after age 50. My sleepy dog over there thought so too! :dog:

Post subject: Re: Gastric Bypass Surgery
Post Posted: May 30, 2018 1:58 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
bonefinder wrote:
When in the grocery store, shop the perimeters of the store, not what is in the aisles.

I've heard that before, I'm glad you reminded me and I will try and do that...thanks

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2