Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
desktop webpage or mobile webpage

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Flu Shot Cost?
Post Posted: Sep 25, 2019 7:09 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Has anyone gotten a flu shot and paid out of pocket? I was told today that Kaiser flu shots may not be available until Nov. 4 due to the pending, but now resolved, strike. I don't want to wait that long and just wondered how much they are. I can call around but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Flu Shot Cost?
Post Posted: Sep 25, 2019 8:15 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
you can get one for free at Safeway AND get a 10% coupon for grocery shopping visit.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 25, 2019 9:02 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:
you can get one for free at Safeway AND get a 10% coupon for grocery shopping visit.
Thanks Angela. I thought that was if you had insurance they could file, but I will check it out.

Post Posted: Sep 25, 2019 9:04 pm 
no insurance, you just go to the back and they give you a shot and a coupon. That is how I am getting my flu shots now. Fast and easy and no waiting room

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 25, 2019 9:15 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Great! Thanks!! :)

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2019 10:17 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
My insurance does not cover the cost of getting a flu shot. They'd rather you get the flu!! So I have to spend money out of pocket to get the flu shot every year. I usually call around as well to see who has the lowest price; but I've not had the time to do that yet.

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2019 10:45 am 
King Soopers also offers free flu shots

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2019 11:15 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I called the Conifer Safeway and KS. Safeway asked if I fill prescriptions there and if I had insurance that covers it, and since I don't, the cost would be $45.99. They don't have the flu shot for people over 65. KS asked if I had insurance also. They do have the flu shot for people over 65 and the woman said it would be around $60. Are there some stores that are offering free flu shots, just not in Conifer?

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2019 11:46 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Have you tried your County Health Department?

Great peace have they who love Thy law, and nothing shall offend them... Ps 118:165

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2019 11:57 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I have gone to the Jeff. Cty. Health Dept. when I didn't have insurance and couldn't afford a shot. Maybe I'll just have to wait until Nov.

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2019 12:06 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Here's some 2019 information from https://20somethingfinance.com/where-to ... flu-shots/
(insurance acceptance varies and usual co-pay applies):

Costco Flu Shots: costs $19.99 for quadrivalent. Costco is the cheapest on this list if you don’t have insurance. Flu shots at the Costco Pharmacy is one of the services you can get from Costco without a membership.
CVS Flu shots: costs $39.99 for quadrivalent (varies by location, so call ahead). Get a $5 off $25 coupon for a subsequent purchase.
Walgreen’s Flu Shots: costs $40.99 for quadrivalent.
Rite Aid Flu Shots: costs $39.99 for quadrivalent.
Meijer Flu Shots: costs $35.99 for quadrivalent.
Walmart Flu Shots: costs $39.88 for quadrivalent.
Sam’s Club Flu Shots: costs $30 for quadrivalent. Flu shots at the Sam’s Club Pharmacy is one of the services you can get from Sam’s Club without a membership.
Kroger Flu Shots: costs $40 for quadrivalent.
Publix Flu Shots: costs $44 for quadrivalent. Publix occasionally runs a $10 gift card promo when you get a flu shot.
Safeway Flu Shots: costs $42.99 for quadrivalent. Safeway occasionally runs a 10% off groceries on your next visit promo.
Target Flu Shots: costs $39.99 for quadrivalent. Note that CVS now runs all Target pharmacies, so prices are the same, but you do get a $5 Target gift card if you get a flu shot at a Target CVS pharmacy.
Note:

Quadrivalent is designed to protect against four different flu strain viruses; two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses and is now the standard offered everywhere.
The trivalent option not being carried yet by any retailer this year.

Post Posted: Sep 26, 2019 12:39 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Starsky wrote:
Here's some 2019 information from https://20somethingfinance.com/where-to ... flu-shots/
(insurance acceptance varies and usual co-pay applies):

Costco Flu Shots: costs $19.99 for quadrivalent. Costco is the cheapest on this list if you don’t have insurance. Flu shots at the Costco Pharmacy is one of the services you can get from Costco without a membership.
CVS Flu shots: costs $39.99 for quadrivalent (varies by location, so call ahead). Get a $5 off $25 coupon for a subsequent purchase.
Walgreen’s Flu Shots: costs $40.99 for quadrivalent.
Rite Aid Flu Shots: costs $39.99 for quadrivalent.
Meijer Flu Shots: costs $35.99 for quadrivalent.
Walmart Flu Shots: costs $39.88 for quadrivalent.
Sam’s Club Flu Shots: costs $30 for quadrivalent. Flu shots at the Sam’s Club Pharmacy is one of the services you can get from Sam’s Club without a membership.
Kroger Flu Shots: costs $40 for quadrivalent.
Publix Flu Shots: costs $44 for quadrivalent. Publix occasionally runs a $10 gift card promo when you get a flu shot.
Safeway Flu Shots: costs $42.99 for quadrivalent. Safeway occasionally runs a 10% off groceries on your next visit promo.
Target Flu Shots: costs $39.99 for quadrivalent. Note that CVS now runs all Target pharmacies, so prices are the same, but you do get a $5 Target gift card if you get a flu shot at a Target CVS pharmacy.
Note:

Quadrivalent is designed to protect against four different flu strain viruses; two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses and is now the standard offered everywhere.
The trivalent option not being carried yet by any retailer this year.

Thank you for taking the time to post this!

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next