Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
desktop webpage or mobile webpage

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 13, 2005 2:22 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Box-g, babies seem to find all kinds of ways to "develop" their immune systems! When DD#1 was only 18 months old, I caught her "sampling" some cat poop in the sandbox at the park! :shocked: I'm sure her immune sysytem is so developed that she will never get sick as long as she lives!!! :rof laughing:

And DS is a conniseur of bugs.... :roll:

"The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny. "
~Hugo Black~

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 13, 2005 2:37 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Quote:
I have a 4 year old (nearly 5) who has NEVER been to the doctors office except for normal checkups, etc. I actually have a problem with this darned Chicken Pox vaccination they have now. It used be the norm that parents would send their kids to the childs home who HAD Chicken Pox!!!

I had my oldest give my second daughter a great big hug. Worked great!

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 13, 2005 9:42 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
This is what I have been thinking for a long time. I keep the anti-bacterial soap in the kitchen but only use it when I have been handling raw meat, otherwise I just use whatever's handy like 409, ammonia, Windex etc. I grew up on a farm with a 4 acre garden and remember picking the peas, beans and carrots and eating them right there. No washing off the dirt, pesticides etc. (This may explain a lot of things) I played in the sandbox, creek, pond and mud without a worry. Now that I am all growed up I will get a cold or the flu occasionaly but it doesn't hit me that hard and rarely even slows me down. But usually once a year I end up with either Bronchitis or Pnemonia neither of which I even bother going to to Doc for, just ride it out I will either fight it off and live or it will take over and kill me. Either way I win.

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 13, 2005 10:32 pm 
Troop Support Action Committee
Interesting- the stuff we're doin' to keep us healthy is making more susceptible to the stuff we're trying to avoid!
As a kid, every time I sneezed- my mother would give me peniccilin.
As a result, I was prone to other infections that the peniccilin
killed the fighting germs for. Then, as an adult, peniccilin did absolutely no good.
Fortunatly, I found a great herbologist- & everytime an infection occurs, I do herbs.
When it came to getting my kid immunized, I did the early ones, but stopped @ the measles/mumps one. Getting the chicken pox, measles, mumps were a right of passage. If one kid on the block got 'em- ALL the kids in the'hood came over to be exposed. I strongly feel that that's how the body learns to fight germs & it builds up the immune system.
I keep antibacterial in the kitchen for when I'm handling foods & meats especially, & a bottle of waterless in the car.
Any anti-bacterial products I use for cleaning are now of the natural kind- 'cause the bleach products are SO TOXIC! The new product kills the oogie germs without the fume-age!

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 14, 2005 2:56 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
A friend of mine just turned 85. She was in my kitchen the other day and spread her sandwich bread on the counter - no plate, paper towel, nothing. She then proceeded to make her sandwich and when a dollop of mayo landed on the counter, she scooped it up with her finger and licked it off. I have seen her take my glass to eat the ice out of it. We don't live together and I see her mostly in the summers, maybe three times a week. And she's still alive!

I have a feeling she has immunity to all kinds of common germs by now. She must have a very healthy immune system. I hope she lives another 15 or more years! :D

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” Atticus Finch

Post subject: never really sick
Post Posted: May 14, 2005 3:47 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
im in middle school and i only wash my hands at neccesary times (like after going to the bathroom) and i havent stayed home sick once this year (not that thats to good of a thing :roll: ) but even when i wash my hands its not anti bacterial like last week i caught a bug that got a couple of kids out of school i just sneeze like twice and was better

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 16, 2005 12:44 am 

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2