It is currently Dec 16, 2018 10:48 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Golden Stix - (Merged threads)
Post Posted: Nov 3, 2015 3:28 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Hopefully they keep the new tables and chairs clean so they don't get "sticky" like the old ones. Even the floor was "sticky" the last time we went in there - last year sometime.

I do enjoy the food most of the time but only do take-out anymore.

Post Posted: Nov 3, 2015 7:30 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We enjoy Golden Stix, especially the Egg Foo Yung and won ton soup. So glad to hear they have expanded. The old GS was too small and chilly in the winter. We never use our credit card there, wanting to keep our money local and reduce the amount a local business has to pay for processing fees to the mega-corporation credit card companies. After all, none of our local businesses get to go on $800k spa retreats.

Post Posted: Nov 4, 2015 12:10 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We did take out from there again last week and had a bad experience again. They screwed up the order, the moo shu had a burnt taste to it, and the in general the dishes were heavy on oil.

Post Posted: Nov 4, 2015 12:13 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
We will never eat there again The owner seems to think he has to have the music blaring. No consideration for his customers

Post Posted: Nov 6, 2015 2:46 pm 
Stopped by for lunch Wed to check out the new area, dining room expanded around the corner of their bldg. It looks great, bright with the wrap around windows, a view & a big screen TV. And as I've come to expect since they first opened, food is the best Chinese in the hills.

Post Posted: Nov 9, 2015 8:49 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
wfs wrote:
And as I've come to expect since they first opened, food is the best Chinese in the hills.

Isn't it the ONLY Chinese in the "hills"? :rof laughing:

Post Posted: Mar 31, 2016 7:36 am 
We had been pretty happy with Golden Stix and liked having it as a dining option. That was until they opened up that additional space. It seems like they now have the space, which we were very excited about, but not the staff to keep up. We dined in twice and have had unreasonably long waits when they really didn't seem that busy. But this was the last straw...

Last night, I called for pickup. It seems they had a fund-raiser, good for them. I can appreciate that, however, when we called they said there would be an hour wait for pickup. I was fine with that. I got there to pickup, paid and waited. They told me they were a few minutes behind. After waiting an additional 30 minutes, I asked and was told it would be an additional 30-45 minutes. Over 2.5 hours? Really? How can you not gauge that you are that far behind? There were numerous people in there unhappily waiting, getting their money back, etc. They unapologetically gave me my money back and now I won't be back.

Post Posted: Mar 31, 2016 8:16 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Although I don't care for the place, don't be so hard on them. They had some promotion last night where a bunch of sales proceeds would be donated to West Jeff Middle School. Nice of them to participate for the local community. No way could they anticipate what kind of turnout they'd get. Give 'em a break.

Post Posted: Mar 31, 2016 8:59 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Golden Stix has much better food than any other restaurant of its type. Still my favorite!

Post Posted: Jul 29, 2016 12:50 am 
Wow! We went into Golden Stix, like we have for years. A younger guy said to sit where we want. We sat at the booth area. One of the employees(shaved head) came to us, and said we had to move to a table, the booth was for larger party's. We grudgingly moved. The employee told us, 'if you don't like it, you can go eat somewhere else'. i was livid and demanded to talk to Jason. I went in the empty room,(Hoping to not make a scene in front of the patrons) but he walked to where we were seated. I told him his employee was way out of line. His comment was, 'no he wasn't'. He started to explain some reason why he thought it was OK to tell us to eat elsewhere, but we were disgusted and left. I did tell him, his employee has no business working with the public. We used to enjoy talking with Jason, but he is obviously not the same Jason we knew before. With his response and poor employee selection, we won't be back. Makes me wonder why he's changed. I've heard from other sources about this also.

Post Posted: Jul 29, 2016 5:37 am 
I'm shocked! You moved so why the need to tell you if you don't like it - you can go somewhere else? Why not just leave it alone? I'll tell you, we haven't eaten out anywhere up here for months - the attitude of employees and owners keeps me at home.

I, too, have read and heard from friends that Jason is less than helpful or friendly to customers. Again, it's unbelievable.

Post Posted: Jul 29, 2016 5:53 am 
I know at least 3 more people that have been kicked out of his restaurant. I can't believe he is still in business. He blows his cool over the littlest things. The owner needs to be on medication period! The cops have been called to his restaurant several times.

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next