It is currently Oct 18, 2018 3:07 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: **DOGS-DOGS-DOGS--ADOPT!!!** IMHS OPEN DAILY
Post Posted: May 6, 2018 10:24 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Great looking bunch!

Rumble looks like a very interesting breed/mix. Akita?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.
Where there is life, there is hope.

Post Posted: May 10, 2018 3:25 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
It is so much fun spending time with them :) You are right, AL, the shelter has akita/bordercollie mix as the breed for Rumble and Maya. They are sweet dogs.

Took photos of the dogs yesterday at IMHS. They are all doing well, just one new one, Ramona. She is still quite shy and nervous, but from what I'm told she has already improved. She did not like the camera at all.

If any questions or interested in anyone, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Thanks.

Bear here. I'm not feeling so good today. I just wanted to sit on the ladies lap and have her pet me and give me lovings.

Rex here. I am such a loving dog. I love having my tummy rubbed, actually I love having my whole body rubbed.

I also love lying in your lap.

What do you mean I'm too big for being a lap dog? Why can't you take my photo while I'm in your lap? Can we talk about this?

So now you are going to push me away? Come on, you don't need to take any photos, just use what you got.

Taco here. I'm learning to trust a little more, still need some more time.

When I'm in the igloo, the lady can pet me.

I kinda like it, maybe I won't run away as much in the future.

Chance here. I'm really improving in my trust of people.

Do you think you know someone that may want to give me a loving forever home?

I would be a good dog as long as an understanding person has patience and gives me time to learn.

My name is Ramona. I'm a sweet girl, but I just need some time to get over my issues. I really don't think it is an issue that I don't like that big black thing the lady is pointing at me. I don't like things I don't understand.

I'll just hang out in my igloo. Maybe she will put it down.

Nope, she is still pointing that thing at me. She should realize that is why I'm not wagging my tail anymore, but soon as she puts it down, she can pet me a little and I'll wag my tail.

Maya here. I'm in the big playpen with Rumble. We are having fun. I'm a sweet, sweet girl and love attention.

She sure does. Rumble here. I never get a chance to be pet since Maya always comes over to take over.

But Maya does not like to play ball, so at least I got to have that bond with the lady.

We get along really well.

We love treats and share well.

That was good.

Do you have anymore?

Arie and Juice still here. We can't figure out why we are still here, we are good dogs.

Maybe because of me, I'm still so shy. I'm a sweet girl, but I will need an understanding person with time to teach me not to be afraid and that I should trust people, well, good people.

We are both good dogs. Wish that special someone would find us.

Juice thinks he always needs to protect me, probably because I haven't learned courage yet.

I smell freedom out there. One day, I hope this for both of us. Not that this is a bad place, but it would sure be nice to have a loving forever home with a big back yard for us to lie in the sun.

I hope everyone enjoyed the photos.

Post Posted: May 11, 2018 8:06 am 
New Poster
Just love your photos and how you capture the true essence of these kiddos! Very nice work!

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 2:52 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thank-you for your feedback, BrokenTailSquaw.

I was at the shelter today taking photos. Bear was transferred down to Painted Paw for Veterans. This is their latest post for Bear on their facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/PaintedPawsFor ... 6523962310. He received a pie when he arrived. The reason he wasn't feeling well when I was there last week was due to some bad arthritis, this is what happens when a dog is kicked his whole life before being rescued. Painted Paws for Veterans is a sanctuary, so they said Bear may just live his life out there with their other seniors. There are two new dogs at IMHS which were transferred as an exchange for Bear. I will miss Bear, but he is in a good place.

If any questions or interested in any of these dogs, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Thanks.

My name is Butterscotch. I'm new here, just arrived yesterday. I'm a very, very sweet female dog.

I look like a short lab, but that is because I have some basset hound genes in me.

My name is Sadie and I'm also new here, just arrived yesterday. I'm a very sweet friendly female dog.

I'm pretty mellow and just a real nice dog. Don't I have a nice smile?

Pickles here. I actually went out on a try out, but sadly it didn't work out. I couldn't warm up to the man of the house. The lady gave me great marks, said I was loyal, got along with other dogs and I'm a loving dog. Hopefully the right person will come along and find me one day.

I'm hanging out in the big playpen with Sadie. She and I knew each other at Painted Paw for Veterans. It was good to see her again.

We enjoyed sharing a treat together.

That was delicious.

Do you have anymore?

Chance, Rex and Taco here. We got to play and got lots of lovings with Nancy and the lady with the camera. Mostly Nancy, because the lady just wanted to point that big black thing at us. It was a great day.

Who says big dogs can't be lap dogs?

Whattttsss uppppp?

Hey there, Butterscotch, do you want to play?

I'm running so fast this g-force is crazy.

Hey, what are you doing back there, Butterscotch?

Taco here, I'm glad Nancy is here, I am much braver when she is around.

Don't I look like I'm brave? Just stay over there lady with the big black thing.

Maybe one day.

I'm so glad I'm not shy anymore.

Rex here, I love lying on her lap, I don't care who runs over me.

What do you mean you have to go?

These guys are just all so silly, it was a nice break.

Arie here. We were watching you play with those boys. It looked like you guys were having fun.

Giving me treats does help me feel a little more brave.

I'll sit in your lap if you give me more treats -- wink, wink.

Juice here, I don't need a treat to sit in your lap. Arie is silly, she doesn't know what she is missing.

I wish I could explain to her she doesn't need to be afraid. I should talk as I am still shy, but no where near how Arie is. We need a patient and understanding special person that is just right for us and us for them.

We do enjoy having our treats together.

Maya and Rumble here. They just discovered about our past. We are full bred karelian bear dogs. We were bought for breeding, but then we were abandoned.

We are both really sweet, but we need a job.

We are very intelligent so we will get bored fast if not kept busy. You know what that means when dogs get bored. Not good for humans and not good for us dogs either.

If you read about Karelian bear dogs, you will find that we are pretty rare. There aren't many of us around and no rescue organizations on the west coast either. I'm Rumble and I'm the less dominant one, Maya is the boss. She just wants to eat the lady and not because she is mean, but because she is so loving.

We listen really well, so we know we can be trained and since we are so smart we can learn many new things. We hope that right person finds us and we go to a farm or a place we can do what we were bred for, but most important we hope it is a loving person that will never want to abandon us.

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 6:54 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
It was interesting to read about the bear dogs. It was also very entertaining to see all those action shots! I am glad those bear dogs will be adopted together.

Post Posted: May 23, 2018 8:29 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks Mary, it was fun sitting with Nancy and taking the action shots. I do hope the bear dogs get a good home, they are both so sweet.

I took photos at IMHS today. Several of the dogs do need someone special and understanding to adopt them. Juice and Arie are very special and I wish so much that their special person will come along to give them a chance at a loving forever home. I wish they all get great homes one day.

If any questions or interested in any of these wonderful dogs, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Also want to mention there is an adoption event at Big R in Conifer this Saturday 5/26/18 from 10am to 2pm.

Taco here. I'm still quite shy, but getting better every day.

I'm a good dog, but will need someone with patience until I gain more confidence.

At least my looks make up for my shyness.

Chance here. I am no longer shy, but still a little nervous.

I would love to be a lap dog.

Sitting on someone's lap, being pet and having snacks is what I dream of.

Rumble here. When the sun is out, I love lying in the shade.

Maya here. Me too.

I also love having treats.

Even though Maya is the boss, I'm learning to be more confident.

I'm quite handsome, don't you think?

Ramona here. I'm still very shy and not sure of anything. I've improved since I got here, but not quite there yet.

Especially not sure of that big black thing the lady keeps pointing at me. Let me try to tell her to stop.

Nope she is still pointing it at me. She is just not understanding me. I really need someone that understands me.

Pickles here. I'm doing really good. Not shy anymore, at least not with the lady. I'm enjoying my toy.

We played together a little.

I don't mind you taking my photo.

Juice and Arie here. Do you remember the old photo booths before cell phones?

Before selfies?

Well, the lady is the photo booth and Arie and I are in the booth getting our photo taken.

Sadly, I think I'm the reason why we haven't gotten adopted. I just can't seem to get over my fear of people. I love people as long as they allow me my space. Otherwise, I get very scared, I would never bite, but I will shake. The lady is doing a new thing with me and just petting and talking softly to me. She hopes it works, so do I. I think if I was in a home with an understanding, patient person it would help a lot, I could get over this.

I'm always trying to protect Arie. Maybe I'm enabling her to stay fearful, I wonder if I should try that thing they call tough love?

We are three puppies. We just came back from surgery. This photo is from today, it was hard to get our photos. My name is Odin and I have already been adopted by two really neat people. I should be going home tomorrow. My other two brothers will be at the adoption event this Saturday at Big R in Conifer CO. so you will be able to meet them there.

These photos are much better as they were taken awhile ago when we were not just back from surgery and we were full of energy. This is me again.

I loved getting my tummy rubbed.

My name is Loki, I'm also a male.

Aren't I a handsome guy?

I have a scratch, luckily I can reach it.

My name is Thor. I'm a pretty mellow guy.

Sort of like an old soul almost like this smelly old sole.

Post Posted: May 31, 2018 5:46 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I took photos of only the new dogs today at IMHS. There were two new dogs and Pickles snuck into the photos, too :)

If any questions or are interested in anyone, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. IMHS is having many events coming up, please call the shelter to get more information on these events. Thanks.

My name is Zip. I'm a nice male dog, but am still settling in my new place.

I'm still a bit shy and unsure, but if you sit in my pen with me and just hang out for a little bit I will be more comfortable.

I just haven't been taught properly or handled properly yet.

When you pet me, if you scratch me on the side of my neck, I enjoy this. I just need to know that you will not mess with my head and you are not going to tease me or anything.

My name is Felix. I have no issues, you can pet me all over.

I know the command sit and then I will even give you my paw without you asking.

The lady kept trying to get me to look at her with the big black thing pointing at me, but since she wasn't looking at me, I wouldn't look at her.

I'm a really sweet dog even if I didn't look into the camera and smile.

Pickles here. Do I really have to meet all these people?

I guess it wasn't so bad.

I hope everyone enjoyed the few photos I took today.

Post Posted: Jun 1, 2018 2:10 pm 
New Poster
Awe Pickles, it'll be ok. Youll get used to it all.

Post Posted: Jun 1, 2018 3:25 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Sweet, sweet pictures and captions..... Thanks for the smiles.

Post Posted: Jun 4, 2018 9:49 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
:love:

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.
Where there is life, there is hope.

Post Posted: Jun 7, 2018 7:06 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks Snaqtime, I bet he will, he is a super dog. And Local person and aspenleaf for your kind words and heart :)

I took photos at IMHS yesterday. It was a full house so there are a lot of photos. Many of the new dogs have been adopted, I was told all the puppies were, but please call IMHS to be sure if interested in any of these wonderful dogs. I was told Maya and Rumble are being transported to a karelian bear dog rescue on Saturday. Hopefully, they will be very happy there and get adopted by some great and karelian bear knowledgeable people.

If any questions or interested in any of the dogs, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Thanks.

Zip here. I'm starting to settle in. I'm a super smart and once I know you, sweet dog. I'm still a little shy around my head, but I'll get over that soon as I know someone is not going to tease or hit me.

Pickles here. I'm doing well and enjoying being in the big play yard with Zip. Nancy wants me to sit, but with Zip in the way and talking, I can't concentrate.

We are getting to know each other better.

Man, this lady is a prude, I guess she just doesn't want to know me any better.

Here are a bunch of photos of us playing. There is one photo that shows how big I am to Zip, so in order to be fair, I got down low. Not to brag, but I'm such a nice dog.

We are four puppies that came to IMHS this past week. We were told that we will each be going to our loving forever homes after we are altered to not populate an over populated world. We are all very sweet and playful. We are looking forward to going to a home where we can learn to be good doggies with our family.

After our photo session, this nice volunteer gave us all a bath. Here she is holding me.

She deserves a kiss for giving us a bath.

Ramona here. I've made such progress since I first arrived. The lady is about as sweet as I am and she kept saying to me how much I've changed, but she still points that big black thing at me. Drives me crazy.

I am getting a bit more used to it, she lets me smell it, but then when she points it at me... I am a very intelligent and could be very domineering, if allowed.

Maya and Rumble here. We heard we will be leaving on Saturday to go to a special place just for our breed. We hope it is just as good as this place and someone finds us that understands our breed.

I hope they keep us together like they do here.

I am so much more outgoing then Rumble. I am just a happy dog.

Felix here. I decided I would look at the camera and try to smile this time.

I'm very good at shaking your hand.

Who needs a tissue when you have a tongue like mine.

I'm a very sweet and friendly male dog. Not to mention, quite handsome and would never use up any of your tissues.

Arie and Juice here. We keep waiting for that right person to come along. We don't require very much, just lots of love.

Arie really depends on me and I love her very much.

The lady keeps petting me and now she is kissing me on my head, even though I am afraid. She thinks it will help me, hope she is right, because it feels like torture.

It is not torture, the lady keeps telling me to help Arie understand, but it is what it is.

Chance here. I am busy trying to see what Pickles and Zip are doing in the other play yard.

I'm a very handsome guy. My face has character now. Taco got annoyed with me and let me know it. I got on his nerves as I'm a silly fun dog and he is more mellow and serious.

Taco here. I can be fun, too, but not as silly as Chance can be.

I'm still a bit shy, but getting over that more and more each day.

We have made up since our fight so we get to hang out with each other again.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the photos.

Post Posted: Jun 14, 2018 6:28 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I took photos on Wednesday of some of the dogs at IMHS. I make sure I spend time with all the dogs, but will only be photo'ing about 4-5 of them from now on. It just takes too much time afterwards and whoever I miss I will do their photos the next time, if they haven't been adopted :).

If any questions or interested in any of these wonderful dogs/puppy, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Thanks.

Chance here. I'm a very lovable dog. Not sure why I'm still here, I guess my person just hasn't found me yet.

I sure love giving kisses. Here I am giving Gemma lots of kisses, she is one of my very favorite people.

Here is the tablecloth, can we have a picnic?

So when are you bringing the food?

Taco here. I am improving every day, even came up to the lady and said hello. Although when someone was interested in me, I went and hid. I just need someone that will work with me and give me time to get to know them.

I also love giving kisses and I'm very lovable when I get to know someone. Gemma is also one of my very favorite people so she gets lots of kisses from me.

Chance and I also love each other so we are giving each other lots of kisses, too.

My name is Adan. My other siblings were all adopted. Although I'm happy for them, I wish I would also get a loving forever home.

I was shaking the lady's hand.

Then she rolled me over and was tickling me.

We played with a toy together, although I think she was doing this so I wouldn't chew on her sleeve.

I keep myself very clean, at least around my mouth.

Here are some photos when I was playing with the big boys.

Ramona here. I'm much better with the camera, but if she points it at me a certain way, it drives me crazy.

I am getting itchy being at the shelter so I'm hoping that right person will come along.

Here I am being queen of the kennel, sitting on my throne.

Hope everyone enjoyed the photos.

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next