It is currently Jun 18, 2019 7:06 am 

Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: **DOGS-DOGS-DOGS--ADOPT!!!** IMHS OPEN DAILY
Post Posted: Dec 13, 2018 7:09 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
It's been a long time since I last posted photos. Quite a few updates.

Arie, now called Annie, is in a wonderful foster home. Her foster mom says she continues to take baby steps. She fits in pretty well with her foster family. I am very happy for her. Juice is doing well. A really nice family has an application on Juice. They came while I was doing photos and Juice sat on each of the family member's laps :). There will be a meet and greet with their shepard and if all goes well, Juice may finally have the forever loving home he so deserves. Please send good wishes Juice's way.

Just about everyone has been adopted, but Ramona, Kato and Rolo are still waiting to their loving forever homes.

The shelter was super busy, 17 dogs! So I didn't get a chance to spend time with the cats which bummed me. There are 7 puppies, their Mom, three young/puppy hound mix dogs and two other neat dogs.

If any questions or interested in adopting a dog (or cat), please call IMHS at 303-838-2668 or fill out an application online at their website IMHS.org.

Also if you are on instagram, please follow IMHS's instagram account, (#) imhscolorado. I've been posting photos there for awhile now and it would be great to have a huge following for IMHS. Thanks.

Rolo here, still waiting for my forever home. I don't go out much, because it is winter and I'm just a little guy. The lady took me out for a little bit to take photos. She said I'm hard to photo.

I hope one day someone that loves chihuahuas will discover me and make me part of their family.

My name is Jackie. I am pretty new here at the shelter. My owner got in trouble and had to give me up.

I am a really sweet and loving girl. I'm just about 3 years old and quite beautiful. I don't like being in a pen, so I hope that someone falls in love with me and makes me part of their family.

Juice here. Yep, still here. Everyone says the same thing. Why haven't I been adopted yet since I'm so lovable.

Good news is I met this family the other day and they are really nice. As they were petting me, their smiles were huge and their eyes sparkled. Let's hope I can do right and their family dog and I get along.

Ramona here. Sure wish the person for me would come along.

I know I can be rambunctious, but I know there is that person for me that wants that in a dog. I heard that everyone has a someone for them, so hopefully we will find eachother.

Kato here. I am also wishing my person will find me. I'm a very unique kind of guy so I know there is that unique person that will just love me forever.

I can make the funniest faces. This is me shaking my head.

I also like playing ball and I'm quite good at it.

My name is Bandit. My owner had to give me up due to unfortunate circumstances. I really miss my owner so I haven't yet settled in here yet.

It is a great place and everyone is very loving, but it isn't the same as having a home and family.

My name is Julep. I'm a five month old female puppy. I'm still a little shy, but very sweet. I'm pretty new here. Came to IMHS with my sister and brother.

I'm also quite beautiful. My sister will say the same thing about herself, but that is because she looks like me.

My name is Sherry. My sister just thinks she is as beautiful as me.

I'm Whiskey. I'm the male of the family. I was too busy to get a photo of just me, plus Sherry kept wanting to get in the photo.

Even while I was getting photos of me playing, Sherry had to stick her nose into it.

We are all very sweet and loving puppies.

My name is Tessa. I am a very loving young mother. My puppies are now ready to find their own home and have a family of their own. They are just eight weeks old and ready to learn.

Me too, I'm ready to have a family of my own and be able to be a puppy myself.

And here are all my puppies, all seven of them. They are very cute, but that is because they take after me.

They call me Baluga. I'm a very handsome and playful male puppy.

My name is Holstein. I'm a very handsome and freckly male puppy. Aren't I just adorable?

I'm quite lovable.

and playful.

They call me Panda. I'm also very sweet and playful.

I also have freckles like Holstein, but my freckles are black which makes me quite handsome.

My name is Peggy (Pegasus). I'm one of two females in the litter. I'm quite sweet and very pretty. I heard a family is interested in me and has an application out, so hopefully, I will be in my loving forever home soon.

My name is Narwahl. I'm a very playful and loving male puppy.

Here I am with Walrus. I'm a bit more bossy than Walrus, but that is because we are all individuals with our own personalities.

Yep, this is me, Walrus. I'm am a very handsome fellow. I'm also very curious, I just stared at the lady and watched her with my loving eyes.

I'm thinking of going into modeling so I asked the lady to put together my portfolio since I'm so photogenic.

My name is Kat. I'm the other female in the litter. I'm the one in the middle of the group, plus you can also see me in the group shot above, all the way to the left in the back looking at the camera. Sadly, the lady didn't get an individual shot of me to show how beautiful I am.

I hope everyone enjoyed the many photos of these wonderful dogs.

Post Posted: Dec 16, 2018 5:06 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Adorable!!!! Fantastic pictures and sweet notes as usual.... :)

Post Posted: Jan 3, 2019 3:38 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks very much Local Person :)

I took photo of two of the new dogs at IMHS and a couple of Rolo. I'm hoping Rolo gets the right home this time, someone that understands typical chihuahua behavior. I learned it the hard way with Paco and Rosie, but love them completely :)

All the puppies were adopted and many of the other dogs. Two long timers are still there :( Arie (now Annie) and Ramona. Kato is also still at IMHS (hopefully won't become a long timer). These three guys just need someone that is willing to work with them, they will be terrific pets. Also the puppy's Mom, Tessa is still available, she is a sweet heart. And, of course, Rolo who pulls at my heart strings - well, they all do.

Great news!!! Juice was officially adopted, the really nice family took him on a trial and adopted him almost immediately. They really love him and he sleeps with her son :) They sent a photo of Juice at his new home and he had a huge smile on his face.

If any questions or anything, please call IMHS at 303-8383-2668. Also visit their website at IMHS.org where you can fill out an application if interested in adopting. I always and strongly recommend alway visiting with the pet you would like to adopt. Also visit IMHS instagram account #IMHScolorado and their facebook page. Thanks.

My name is Xena. I'm a female 9 week old puppy. I was surrendered with my other sibling due to an accidental meeting of our neighbor german shepard and our black lab Mom.

I'm a super sweet girl and I love to play.

My name is Jasmine. I'm Xena's sibling, also a female and only 9 weeks old.

I'm also very sweet

and I do love treats.

Aren't we just super cute? Please come to visit with us and soon we will be available for adoption.

Rolo here. I am currently in foster on weekends. My foster Mom said I'm terrific, but I inherited the typical bad chihuahua traits. I hope there is someone out there that understands chihuahua and will want me to be part of their life and be firm to handle my chihuahua traits, but very loving with me.

Here I am dancing while trying to get my treat.

I hope everyone enjoyed the few photos I took of the dogs.

Post Posted: Jan 31, 2019 6:23 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Yesterday I took photos of the dogs at IMHS. They are all really neat, friendly and playful dogs.

Rolo and Ramona are still there.

If anyone knows of a person that loves and understands chihuahuas that is looking to add to their family, please, please send them Rolo's way.

Also Ramona, if anyone knows of anyone that would give her a home with a huge backyard and lots of love and understanding, please send them Ramona's way - she really needs a home.

If any questions or interested in adopting any of these great dogs, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Thank-you.

My name is Tate. I'm a very friendly and playful male dog. I'm only about a year old.

I was very shy of the lady's camera. It was scary, but she played with me and I was able to ignore it 'somewhat'.

Here I am playing with the ball. I was having fun.

My name is Duke. I'm a very friendly, excited and playful male dog. I'm just over five years old, I think a prime age for a dog.

Here I am playing with the toys in the play yard.

And some closeups of me.

Aren't I just the handsomest guy you've ever seen?

They call me Lady so that tells you I'm a Lady. I'm also very friendly, gentle and playful. I'm just over seven years old, I feel like I'm in my prime.

Here I am playing catch with the ball. I even bring it back to you.

Here I am just playing with the ball. I was having fun.

Plus I am quite attractive, don't you think?

They call me Custard. I am a super friendly and very playful male dog. I'm about 2 years old. Don't listen to Duke and Lady, because 2 years old is the prime age.

I love playing ball.

And if you are just sitting there doing nothing, I'll show you how to play. I also love playing with the rope toy, too.

Sometimes, I think I can fly with my ears.

My name is Peanut. I'm a friendly and older female dog. I am about eleven years old.

Keep in mind older dogs are more experienced in life and not always looking to teach you how to play ball.

We know how to entertain ourselves and are more mellow and quieter.

Rolo here. The lady took me outside and it was way too cold for me. My little feet pads are like a human being barefooted. I wonder how she would've liked me to take her shoes and socks off and let her walk on the snow.

I will have to forgive her since she took me inside pretty quickly and held me against her body with her coat wrapped around us. Then she got silly and put her hat on me.

I wonder if she realizes this is not helping me keep warm.

Ramona here. Hoping that one day that special person will find me and bring me home.

I hope everyone enjoyed the photos of these really special and wonderful dogs.

Post Posted: Jan 31, 2019 8:06 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Really great photos, Gia!

Post Posted: Feb 10, 2019 12:49 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks MissMary :)

I took photos of the dogs yesterday at IMHS. There are three new dogs. Journey and Moose are quite active so tons of action shots. Bumblegum is a bit timid, but I got her to play some ball, she is very, very sweet. Ramona is still there, but I wasn't able to get photos of her. I got a couple shots of Rolo and Peanut, not great ones, but am posting them. Duke is there, but has a few applications on him so hopefully he will be going to his home soon. Lady is still at IMHS, too, I'm surprised, because she is a sweetheart.

If any questions or you or anyone you know is interested in adopting any of these guys, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Thank-you.

They call me Journey. I am only seven months old which explains why I am so full of energy. I'm a female that loves to play.

Here are photos of me playing ball and playing with the rope toy.

These are my crazy shots. I was so happy to get into the play yard, I just went crazy.

If someone works with me and shows me how to control my energy, such as go jogging, play agility or just have a loving family and home, I bet I would be less crazy.

My name is Moose. I had the lady fooled, she thought I was calmer than Journey. Nope.

I am a little better, but when I knocked her over, she decided to stand up when I was heading toward her with the ball.

I'm still a pretty young male, only 11 months old. I'm a fun guy, but need to learn some manners.

I do love to play, but I think this ball is just too big for my mouth. I tried anyway.

This size is much better for me.

See how nice I was when I was taking my treat.

They call me Bumblegum. I'm a female and a bit older than those young'uns. I'm at that perfect age of 4 years.

I am a little timid, but very, very sweet. If approached properly, I will show you love. This is me being pet by one of the volunteers after he approached me nicely.

I enjoy playing so much, I forgot about being timid.

I was really getting into playing with the ball.

I also enjoyed getting a treat, you can see how nice I take my treat.

Sure, now you finally get to the existing pets at the shelter. It's like those companies that always offer new customers better deals than the existing customers. Well, here I finally am, Lady. I'm so much nicer and prettier than those new guys.

I like to play, too, but you took too much time with the new guys.

At least you got my beauty.

Ditto what Lady said and even more so since I've been here the longest. Rolo here and still hoping for my loving forever home -- and better photos.

Can you see me OK?

Peanut here, so you think this treat is going to make up for you not spending a lot of time with me?

I hope everyone enjoyed the many photos of these dogs looking for homes.

Post Posted: Feb 10, 2019 10:41 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Absolutely love your sweet photos and captions, you are a gem!!

Post Posted: Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Aww, I wish I could take them all! Thanks for keeping us updated, Gia!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Be compassionate, understanding and kind. You never know who is
this close to giving up.

Post Posted: Feb 14, 2019 6:56 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks Localperson and AL - so glad to hear you are enjoying the photos and seeing the wonderful dogs that need homes. It is so hard not to take all of them home with me, but it is just not possible so I am very happy when they get loving homes.

I took photos of some of the dogs at IMHS yesterday. Sometimes I may post pets that are not yet available or have already been adopted, so please always call first and most important please meet and spend time with the pet you may be interested in.

If any questions or are interested in adopting any of these really neat guys, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Thank-you.

Ramona here. The lady finally is spending a little time with me. I am a unique girl. Very very sweet, but I can get kinda full of myself when I get excited. I think that may turn people off and why I have not been adopted yet. If someone would be patient and train me, they will be a very lucky person.

Hey, aren't you going to let go of my bone?

Now that I got my bone, I wonder if I should hide it?

I'll give it a try.

https://youtu.be/UWpHJ7CLDjE

Here are my mug shots. I wish I was on the most wanted list.

Lady here. I was told that because I don't give good first impressions, I am still here.

I'm really a good dog. It is just that I came here with my friend Duke and I'm just a little confused.

I'm a really good dog, but just need that special person that will work with me and love me like I should be loved.

I think it is dinner time, so I will have to go and maybe see you next week - unless, of course, I get that loving person and home I so want and need.

Bubblegum here. These are my indoor photos.

I like to shake hands.

Although it is much better when a treat is involved.

Moose here. These are my indoor photos and to me it doesn't matter I'm inside. I still want to play and play and play.

The lady learned something about me today. That I have potential. Nancy made me sit and stay when they both left my cage. I guess I'm still so young and excitable that I just need some direction. Before they left I was getting wonderful belly rubs.

My name is Pepe. I am male that is a little older, ten years. I am a small dog, so I have a long life ahead of me.

Although I need to lose some weight to stay healthy. My owners had to give me up due to their health issues.

Are there cats here, too?

I hope everyone enjoyed the photos from yesterday.

Post Posted: Mar 7, 2019 5:46 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I took photos of the dogs yesterday at IMHS.

Moose is a cool dog, but he needs someone that will be strict with him, as he thinks pulling on people's clothes is how to play. He settled some due to Bubblegum, but hopefully Bubblegum will be going to her home and good family which sadly will leave Moose frustrated again.

If any questions or interested in adopting, please call IMHS at 303-838-2668. Thank-you.

Bubblegum here, partially. I met someone today that I really like and he liked me, too. Appears his other half already put in an adoption application for me and he didn't even know. I'll take that as an good omen. Hopefully my meet and greet with his other family members goes well.

Moose here. I know I have a bad rep, but I just don't understand. I'm just playing and not getting much cooperation with that. I'm barely a year old so maybe I just need to learn.

I sit when I'm told, so I know I am a good dog, at least I have some potential. Not sure why I got this rep.

Lady here. Not sure why I'm still here.

Maybe it is because I don't get along with every single dog out there. I'm particular who I want as my friends.

Maybe it is because I'm a little older than most of the dogs here, right now I'm the oldest of the group.

But I can promise you I would make some person a great pet as I'm very well behaved.

I hope everyone enjoyed the photos of these very neat dogs.

Post Posted: Mar 9, 2019 5:36 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Poor Moose and Lady. Hopeful that Bubblegum will be home soon. :love:

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Be compassionate, understanding and kind. You never know who is
this close to giving up.

Post Posted: Mar 10, 2019 6:38 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Thanks Gia - for the adorable photos and captions.
what a pleasant way to start my day.

Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next