It is currently Jul 13, 2020 2:15 pm 

Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
desktop webpage or mobile webpage

Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 35  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: My Journey with a bum shoulder - @ 5 yrs-replace in Sept
Post Posted: Sep 17, 2019 11:53 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
One last little bit of advice...and that is, stop being so worried about taking the pain meds! Taking them for a few weeks will not turn you into a big time addict! You just had major surgery and it takes time to heal. Also, as the pain lessens you will come to realize that you don't need as many and soon thereafter any at all! Trust your body on this! But for now, stay ahead of the pain. And do what your surgeon says and take them according to his prescribed recommendations.

Post Posted: Sep 17, 2019 12:07 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
thank you for that.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 17, 2019 12:14 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Remember, Ang, I've been there (with four joint replacements)! Being conscientious is great, but one can overdo it! And this past week you have been obsessing a bit as to how much you are taking. Relax, Girlfriend, you're doing great!!! Take a deep breath and enjoy that kitty on your lap! I am sitting here rooting for ya!

Post Posted: Sep 17, 2019 5:41 pm 
TillerBee wrote:
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:
t is at Swedish but in another building. My doctor's office is on the 4th floor and the surgery will take place on the 2nd floor.

I went back to see where you had your surgery. Is the facility part of Swedish or a private firm that does orthopedic surgery and stuff like that? That is terrible that your room was not properly equipped. Not what you needed at that time, I am sure.

I did not see this message before. It was part of Swedish. I have talked with the right people and sent written statement in a survey.

I basically told them that they lacked a maintenance process for all equipment including paging phone system. They should have a place where equipment in need of repair is kept and not just moved to an empty room where it is discovered by an unsuspecting nurse when a new patient checks in. The maintenance routine should be at a minimum of once a day so that all equipment is working. Nurses should not be scrambling to find working equipment instead of caring for patients.

Then onto nurses, there needs to be a consistent process they follow. The night nurse did. He checked every hour and used the wall clock each time. I understand that it is quieter at night, but as a result, we never had an panicked issues. We stayed ahead of pain and it was smooth. During the day, when I could page the nurses and a couple of hours would go by after I got behind the pain, well we were in panic mode.

As a result of my experience, I would not recommend Swedish.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Sep 17, 2019 5:45 pm 
BeerGodROX wrote:
Is your ice device working properly?
Mrs. BGR

I missed this page somehow. Yes, it is the bee's knees The first night, the bearings kept squealing, but Roger got it under control. We used the 6 bottles of water frozen and swap out three and put in other three and back to freezer. that worked perfectly. No need to empty container. I used it for 5 days and nights. I did not have any or much swelling at that point, but it did help it feel better. The ice machine? it's called Cold Rush. HA

Post Posted: Sep 17, 2019 6:14 pm 
I think now how I was "overdoing it" last week was because I was taking 10mg every 4 hours. Now that I have backed off, the pain is giving me a healthy respect of my boundaries.

Post Posted: Sep 18, 2019 10:02 am 
tried sleeping in bed with sling. no good. stayed in there for about 4 hours before I made myself sit up and get up. I just have to sleep sitting up until the pain is less and motion is more in that arm.

Post Posted: Sep 18, 2019 10:29 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Glad to hear you're recovering OK.

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:

As a result of my experience, I would not recommend Swedish.

For my sins I have way too much experience of Swedish, St Anthony's and Ortho Colorado. I would not recommend Swedish either.

Post Posted: Sep 18, 2019 12:11 pm 
No Swedish, no St Anthony’s. Not so sure about St Joe’s either. But do the pain meds especially when doing PT. Therapists can tell when you are not moving properly. Sending love and luck!

Post Posted: Sep 18, 2019 4:28 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Glad to hear you are doing ok. Please use pain meds, they help you stay comfortable. I took Percodan for two weeks every four hours and then another two weeks of half that dose. No problem getting off them at all.
I think they are talking about people who do way more than that. Or simply abuse the drug just like other substances. Euphoria, is how the effect is described. Well, wow! I missed out, I just have pain gone & get sleepy.

Post Posted: Sep 18, 2019 4:53 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Hi Ang! Glad you tried sleeping wearing the sling, but why were you uncomfortable and in pain during the night? Chakraz is right...continue taking the pain meds until the pain is diminished! Take something every 4 hours and then maybe next week try taking something every 5 hours, etc.! I never missed a night's sleep, but remember that you need to stay ahead of the pain! Set your alarm so that you wake during the night to take a dose! Every 4 hours....like clockwork, for at least the next week or so! Good luck!

Post Posted: Sep 18, 2019 8:31 pm 
thanks guys. I could not find a good place for my arm to be mainly because it hurts to put pressure on my shoulder blade so cannot lay on back

Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 35  Next