Urgent Care Center and Emergency Room Locations
Webpage or Mobile Webpage

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: My Journey with a bum shoulder - post surgery [updated]
Post Posted: Jun 14, 2018 9:29 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
well, it has actually been two different things. First was pain from rotator cuff tear and that was repaired and it remains repaired. Now it is arthritis and there in now way to "repair it", only make it more tolerable and eventually replace to affected joint. this getting old crap is not fair!

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jun 14, 2018 11:53 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
One of the two side effects from Fosamax is ONJ....where the jawbone disintegrates! Thanks for sharing your two cents, mummydog! The other is hip or femur breakage! And this is from a drug that is prescribed to "strengthen the bones"! I went through one of the most horrendous experiences of my life when my hip fractured and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I would like to participate in a class action lawsuit but have been unable to find a local "product liability attorney". Pharmaceutical companies should not be allowed to manufacture these harmful drugs and then get away with it! This happened to me in 2016 and I am still angry and upset about it.

Post Posted: Jun 14, 2018 4:02 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Had rotator cuff surgery at Panorama with Dr. Johnson on 5/24. Thanks to everyone, I learned quite a bit from this thread. Think I'm headed in the right direction.

Kentucky Blue Grass is not GREEN!!

If history really does repeat itself, I am SO getting a dinosaur.

Post Posted: Jun 14, 2018 4:08 pm 
Panorama is supposed to be really good! My insurance did not cover them but I got very luck with Dr. Reister. Are you doing the whole crazy sling thing? Once you start PT, that will hurt. Make sure you have something for the pain that will start again while you break up scar lesions.

Tell us about how your's went ♥

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jun 14, 2018 4:26 pm 
Surgery went very well. I little worse injury than first thought from a bad fall from skiing. Minor fracture to the bone and basically crushed the connective tissue and tendon rather than an actual tear. I think my shoulder landed right on top of my ski pole. Slight concussion and sprained hand as well.
I've been in a pillowed sling for 3 weeks and in PT about as long. I'm told at least 3 more weeks in the sling. I have my arm out of the sling quite a bit at home and can do a lot of the chores holding my elbow in like a T-Rex(no folding sheets). I bought one of those ice machines (what a blessing). There are a few people at work with some ortho surgeries pending so it will get some additional use. I don't like Acetaminophen and ibuprofen is not allowed so I am dealing with the discomfort with the occasional 500 mg Acetaminophen. I stopped the Norco within 2 days and saved them for the rough post PT days. (I had on of those yesterday).

I can't quite lift my camera up to my eye yet and fly-fishing is out of the question for a bit longer. :(

Kentucky Blue Grass is not GREEN!!

If history really does repeat itself, I am SO getting a dinosaur.

Post Posted: Jun 14, 2018 5:50 pm 
wowsa! that was a tough one and good thing you got it soon after injury. I have found tramadol has helped me. I can't take any of the other stuff - allergies

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17