It is currently Aug 20, 2018 12:40 am 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Best steakhouse in Evergreen, Morrison or Lakewood Golde
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2017 5:13 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks, Mirsh. They like to bash me. I can take it. Contrary to one post, I have quite a thick skin. And I didn't even single out anyone or anyone's experience with the joint! I simply gave my honest assessment of 5281 based on the original post requesting a great steak place. 5281 is not that in the least bit. Take what I stated and visit Del Frisco's in the Tech Center and you'll see the stark and frightful difference between the two places. One place is a high end steak restaurant and the other is a bar with bar food. It's like comparing a Nissan Versa to a BMW M1. They both have 4 tires, but...

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Post Posted: Nov 17, 2017 7:01 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Everyone has their own definition of the word "great" and if they have some magic pixie dust that the "finer" steakhouses sprinkle on over cooked steak to make it better....have at it! One reason I like 5281 is that it isn't over seasoned which tends to be my experience at the chain steak houses.

I am a midwestern kid who grew up on 100% corn fed. I believe about the best you are going to get out here is grass raised and finished on grain which is close enough for me.

Post Posted: Nov 17, 2017 8:08 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
mtree wrote:
Thanks, Mirsh. They like to bash me. I can take it. Contrary to one post, I have quite a thick skin. And I didn't even single out anyone or anyone's experience with the joint! I simply gave my honest assessment of 5281 based on the original post requesting a great steak place. 5281 is not that in the least bit. Take what I stated and visit Del Frisco's in the Tech Center and you'll see the stark and frightful difference between the two places. One place is a high end steak restaurant and the other is a bar with bar food. It's like comparing a Nissan Versa to a BMW M1. They both have 4 tires, but...

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Guess I'm the thin skinned one. I better toughen up. I guess that's why I'm not on facebook.

Post Posted: Nov 18, 2017 1:15 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We tried 5281 last night for the first time. Everything was "as advertised" on PC. Everything was fresh, cooked to order, and great quality for the price! 5281 gets my vote for the "Best Steakhouse", in the area, hands down. If anybody would start a thread on the Best "high end" Steakhouses, I would definitely vote for Peter Lugers, in Brooklyn, NY.. Comparing them with Del Frisco's, Ocean Prime, or Elways, would be like comparing a Nissan Versa to a BMW M1. Just saying........

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 3:05 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We had lunch at 5281 today. It is still wonderful and we loved every bite.
BGRs

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4