It is currently Aug 20, 2018 12:39 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: King Soopers did it again...
Post Posted: May 17, 2018 7:28 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Karelia wrote:
It's easy for people who've never had to deal with mobility issues to dismiss things that can be a HUGE deal for those of us who have. I haven't been in KS much lately, as I prefer to go down to Trader Joe's most of the time... but I've just recently had people jump on me when I mentioned my mailbox being about 1/2 a mile away. Everyone was so quick to laugh and claim that's an easy walk (not locals and not on Pinecam) and I wanted to scream at them. It's lucky for you if it's easy or not a challenge when something is rearranged. But for many people, it can be really frustrating and painful.

I feel your pain.

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 9:06 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Exactly nothing wrong with asking so why is this ridiculous thread still going

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 9:25 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I also received a letter stating King Soopers is removing their interest in Loaf and Jugs and other convenience stores at gas stations, so the fuel discount program is ending. It was a nice benefit to have, but no longer. They will honor existing fuel points, but no more points being given.

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather" - John Ruskin

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 9:38 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
So with no disrespect to those who commented and may be elderly or physically challenged, do your comments mean that once a business is established, that business can never make any changes to their policies, layouts, merchandise ect.? Businesses do analytics all the time to try to draw new customers or keep existing customers or help the bottom line. Do any changes make sense to everyone? No. Is every change successful? No. Could King Soopers communicate a little better to their customers, probably, but I just don't understand where people think they have to right to bash a company for making changes. It is their company and they have the right to do what they want just as you have the right to not shop there if you don't like it.

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 10:23 am 
Right on

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 10:32 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
wxgeek wrote:
I also received a letter stating King Soopers is removing their interest in Loaf and Jugs and other convenience stores at gas stations, so the fuel discount program is ending. It was a nice benefit to have, but no longer. They will honor existing fuel points, but no more points being given.

We were wondering how they were going to handle that. Good to know and explains why our cards still work. Going to miss that, it was a nice program.

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 12:24 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Total bummer on fuel points. Hadn’t seen that. Opens up my shopping options leading towards down the hill more, or even Natural Grocers more. Very sad to see that go away.

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 12:42 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I got fuel points today......

Lonewolf Field Services - HVAC Contractor

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 1:29 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
King Soopers is NOT ending the fuel points program - just ending their relationship with SOME convenience stores including SOME Loaf n Jugs. You won't earn fuel points at THOSE stores but you will still earn them at King Soopers and at the stores listed below. You will be able to redeem points at Kings and the convenience stores still on the list below. Notice that the Loaf n Jug in Conifer IS still on the list! The one in Bailey is NOT on the list. It also looks like the "Loaf n Jug" will become a "King Soopers" fuel store.

http://koaa.images.worldnow.com/images/16602241_G.jpg

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 1:40 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
smonson wrote:
So with no disrespect to those who commented and may be elderly or physically challenged, do your comments mean that once a business is established, that business can never make any changes to their policies, layouts, merchandise ect.? Businesses do analytics all the time to try to draw new customers or keep existing customers or help the bottom line. Do any changes make sense to everyone? No. Is every change successful? No. Could King Soopers communicate a little better to their customers, probably, but I just don't understand where people think they have to right to bash a company for making changes. It is their company and they have the right to do what they want just as you have the right to not shop there if you don't like it.

My bold above.
Of course companies have the right to do what they want but also - of course - people have a right to bash the companies for making those changes! I've never understood this mentality that people think they have the right to never be offended! Why do you think that "New Coke" went away? Customer complaints are a huge factor in creating change in how companies operate. Even grocery stores follow this creed. For example, I notice that Safeway quickly backed off "online only" coupons for its "just for U" program.

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 2:25 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
smonson wrote:

I can only speak for myself. I was not bashing the companies. I was simply pointing out to those that say "no big deal", it sometimes is a very big deal. Of course, change is inevitable and we will all find ways to cope. I just wanted to represent "the other side".

Post Posted: May 17, 2018 2:33 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
ridgewalker wrote:
smonson wrote:

I can only speak for myself. I was not bashing the companies. I was simply pointing out to those that say "no big deal", it sometimes is a very big deal. Of course, change is inevitable and we will all find ways to cope. I just wanted to represent "the other side".

Understood and I respect your point of view.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3