It is currently Mar 24, 2019 2:47 am 

click here for classified ad policies. if you need help with the Pinecam forums, click here
pets available for adoption, rescue, or sale can be found here

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: DOG CALMING FORMULAS
Post Posted: Jan 12, 2019 1:03 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I have seen several dog treat formulas on line. Does anyone know if they work. My rescue from a dog breeder paces, chews,pants a lot and also extremely anzius if am not in the same room. We have her over a year and she is 5.

Post subject: Re: DOG CALMING FORMULAS
Post Posted: Jan 12, 2019 4:41 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Busters sells herbal tinctures by Rescue Remedy. They also have a pheromone collar that I had more success with for an anxious dog.

You can look into the benefits of CBD oil and treats. But sometimes nothing says take it down a notch like good old fashioned pharmaceuticals. Fluxotine is your friend in many cases. Good Luck.

Post Posted: Jan 12, 2019 6:58 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I rescued a 4yr old German Shep. from Foothills Animal Shelter a few years ago. I have some standing on the issue.

#1 is proper nutrition. Most dog kibble on the market contains grains which irritate your dog mentally and physically. Always provide healthy oils and fats (olive oil and fish). Taste of the Wild kibble is what I feed my dog. Made all the difference in the world.

What these pet treat manufacturers do is buy Cbd isolate, which is 99.9+% pure CBD. The pure Cbd is very cheaply extracted from hemp. Many online retailers sell Cbd isolate for $30/1000mg or less. Local retailers in Conifer and Evergreen sell it for $40-$60/1000mg. The isolate is a crystallized powder. It is very easily added to peanut butter. You need to compare the dose of Cbd dog treats VS the price of buying Cbd isolate 99.9+% yourself. You will find that you are being ripped off for Cbd dog treats. Nothing of benefit comes from having a company bake the Cbd isolate into a treat for you. You can use it raw or bake your own treats in your oven. Heat can actually lessen the effects of the Cbd for your dog in some circumstances, depending on temperature. So make your own. The higher doses that you can afford to give,by buying Cbd isolate, may be much more effective for your dog.

Also, try a large crate. This sounds counter productive, however it will provide your dog with his/her own personal safe space. Make it a happy place where treats and toys are always found. Provide a deer antler or beef bone to chew on. Try using a blanket over a portion of the crate to make a cave of sorts.

Yes your vet can Rx a Xanax anti-anxiety drug for your dog. I do not recommend it long term.

Best of luck and thank you for adopting. Who rescued who? :)

Post Posted: Jan 13, 2019 1:39 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
You can try a calming collar, supposed to help with anxiety or they have these sprays you can plug into the wall. You can get them on Amazon

Post Posted: Jan 14, 2019 9:11 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
We've been rescuing border collies for 27 years and have had our share of anxiety problems. We've had some success with Bach's Rescue Remedies, but none at all with the pheromone collars and sprays. Sorry to say that what works for one, won't necessarily work for another. So it's going to be trial and error until you find the right solution for her.

Post Posted: Jan 14, 2019 9:31 am 
E-Z Dog works very well for our dogs.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]