|Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Tenders
Recipe Number: 1260
Rating: Recipe Unrated
Rate This Recipe
Calories Per Serving: 428
Preparation Time: Prep Time: 15 minutes minutes,Cook Time: 20 minutes
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. Creole seasoning
1/2 tsp. freshly ground blck pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast,
cut into 1/2-inch strips
|For the Sweet-and-Sour Sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs. cornstarch
1/2 cup orange juice
For the Chicken:
1. Mix the flour and seasonings together. In a medium skillet, heat the oil.
2. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour. Place the chicken in the skillet. Do not overcrowd the chicken.
3. Cook in batches, if necessary, turning with tongs until the tenders are golden brown.
4. Remove and drain on paper towles. Toss with Sweet-and-Sour Sauce (see below). Serve immediately.
For the Sauce:
1. In a small saucepan, combine the ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar.
2. Over medium-high heat, bring the sauce to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat.
3. In a small cup, mix the cornstarch into the ornage juice until dissolved.
4. Stir into the sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, approximately 5 minutes.
|Based on individual serving.
Total Fat: 32 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 23 g