Post Posted: Jul 6, 2019 1:08 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thank you. That was nice to hear.

Post subject: Re: Jones Mountain Lodge, Conifer
Post Posted: Jul 6, 2019 6:53 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
My family and I just came from this restaurant. Our food was fantastic and service was great. Maybe our standards are less than others but it is obvious they are working through the newbie kinks but give them a break. We will definitely go back again.

Post Posted: Jul 6, 2019 7:18 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I am happy to hear your positive comments! They are aware of their less-than-perfect start up and are working their butts off to get things running smoothly. I give them tons of credit as to how far they've come since the day they first opened their doors! I am hoping our community will support them for many many years to come!

Post Posted: Jul 10, 2019 10:22 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
They were open today for lunch. Not impressed. We both had the street tacos, 1 pork and 1 hamburger. Didn’t get hamburger got shredded beef. Didn’t send back. Neither one of the street tacos were anything to brag about not a lot of flavor and neither one of us liked the rice and beans. The water was horrible and the soda had the same taste as the water. Probably will not go back. The Mexican restaurant in the KS center is much better.

Post Posted: Jul 11, 2019 10:13 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I am sorry to hear that your experience wasn't that great! And because most Mexican restaurants today serve both ground and shredded beef, I have found it helpful to specify exactly what I want. And the last time I went to Jones, I had the regular tacos and asked for the ground beef (and they were delicious)! My water was perfect too! And about the rice & beans, I think most of us today have grown accustomed to the way the chain restaurants prepare theirs...it's way different, especially when it comes to beans that are actually soaked overnight. It's truly all about personal preference in regards to what we like (I actually hate the food served at the KS Mexican restaurant...lol). But I am glad that you at least gave this place a try! It's nice to at least have some options up here, isn't it? We all know that there isn't a place that can please all the people all of the time..........

Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 5:22 pm 
New Poster
We've eaten there twice now. Both on Wednesday evenings. An honest review-it was hit and miss but we will go back. This is a bit long but will give you a good picture of the restaurant. And this is coming from folks who are extremely low-key diners.

First time-They were not busy. It was probably around 5:30. I can't remember our server's name, but he was fantastic. All I remember is that he just moved here from Dallas. He welcomed us, walked us through the menu and made suggestions. He was super-friendly. I had the classic margarita which I enjoyed. I don't often get margaritas out because they are usually made with gross sweet and sour mix. No mix here. This one was great and just the right sweetness. My husband got the Hazy IPA at the recommendation of our server. He even brought out 2 beer samples to choose from. Again, great service.

I really like their salsa a lot both times. Not too spicy, but a kick and served very cold. I do have to agree, their water is bad. It reminds me of the water at DW's, really metallic tasting. I got street tacos (2 shredded beef and 2 chicken). My husband got the stuffed sopapilla with shredded beef. The stuffed sopapilla was a soggy mess. And why would you serve a side of rice and beans with a sopapilla stuffed with beans? The green chili was tasty. My husband called it a gut-bomb. I don't know if this was a one off or not, but the shredded beef was so salty we couldn't finish. My chicken street tacos were very tasty. Overall-mixed on the food but loved our server.

Second visit-They were maybe 1/3 to 1/2 full and everyone was running around like crazy. It was around 6 pm. Our server was a nice kid, but we didn't see him much. He seemed really flustered. I got the Juan Collins (patron, lime juice, simple syrup). Very tasty but seems to be a bit of a small serving for $10.50, no big deal. We shared the fried avocado appetizer (at the suggestion of our server our 1st visit) and chicken street tacos (again). Both were good. I would suggest the fried avocado for a group. It was way too rich for the two of us to finish. The tacos were tasty again, but they forgot to give us an extra plate. These are piled high on small corn tortillas. They are messy. You need a plate. After a few minutes trying to flag someone down, my husband walked to the bar and asked for a plate. They gave him the tiniest plate, I laughed, whatever. We ate the rest without incident. Overall-good meal when we knew what to pick. Service was nice but it seemed like we were putting them out with everyone running around like crazy. I think they'll get it figured out over time.

Post Posted: Jul 14, 2019 3:17 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Went last night, not very busy. Ordered margaritas early on, they didn’t show up for a good 20 minutes, after our food came. All the while, the bar staff was having a good time socializing with each other. Food was OK, had to ask for dressing for my salad twice. All in all, not great, might try them again when the memories fade a bit.

Post Posted: Jul 18, 2019 6:46 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Went there this evening, the only good thing I can say is the service was good. The food was inedible. I ordered a beef reinos. The beef was so tough it would have taken two people just to chew it. The sause was way too salty, I could not eat it there was so much salt in it. The waitress would not give me credit for the dinner I could not eat. Run away, don't go there. They should not be in business.
!!!

Post Posted: Jul 19, 2019 5:57 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Could it have been a beef relleno?

Post Posted: Jul 19, 2019 10:39 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I might have to go back to work and cook there. It sounds horrible. I have lots of restaurant experience and I can seriously cook. Now it sounds awful.

Post Posted: Jul 19, 2019 10:49 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We went to Jones last night - love the salsa!! I ordered chili rellenos with cheese smothered in green chili. Excellent !!! My husband had the chicken fajitas - chicken was lovely. Great atmosphere and everyone was very nice and on top of our order. Great place to eat. I highly recommend this new restaurant. The food is Northern New Mexico.

Taza

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4