It is currently Nov 17, 2019 11:11 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Disappointed in the Bucksnort Saloon
Post Posted: Jul 10, 2019 11:53 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I have stopped twice at bucksnort since it changed hands again since Joe and Galena Bye sold. ( Back when Elway and crew and Neil Young would stop by) I could put up with some mess and skip the food but the service is just horrible. Maybe after the next sale the new owner will see good service as something that is needed.

The concept that the Bill of Rights and other constitutional protections against arbitrary government are inoperant when they become inconvenient or when expediency dictates otherwise is a very dangerous doctrine and if allowed to flourish would destroy the benefit of a written Constitution and undermine the basis of our government. Justice Black

Post Posted: Jul 10, 2019 3:30 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
mtree wrote:
The Bucksnort doesn't need or want your business. And none of this online jibber jabber will cost them a nickel. Just read thru this thread...dating back to 2016. NONE of the folks complaining frequent the place more than once every few years or plan to visit anytime soon! (Ok, I may stop by for a beer.)

Well if they don't care about the local clientele then I won't miss them when they fail.
There is a good reason folks aren't visiting more than once every few years.

mtree wrote:
Its a unique destination dependent on tourists and tourists will come regardless of a few whining pinecam bloggers. That's a fact. They just need to pass their health inspections...

Apparently they are NOT passing their health inspections! Kudos to this blog for pointing that out!

mtree wrote:
Nowadays I just can't justify the prices for the product when so many other restaurants offer far superior offerings for the same price.

See even you are giving them constructive criticism - and you're not even a needy crank!
mtree wrote:
CO Jones is totally different. It will ultimately depend on locals for business just by its location. Still, if I were the owners I wouldn't respond to a single online blog. Its a slippery slope of no return. And, to their credit, thus far they have not. Kudos!

Maybe not this thread but the owners HAVE responded MULTIPLE times on other Facebook blogs! Kudos to them for doing so! Since then there have not even been 12 pages of back and forth drivel!

Post Posted: Jul 11, 2019 8:27 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I rest my case.
1) Restaurants shouldn't respond to bloggers. Period.
2) The Bucksnort doesn't need local patronage. Never did.
3) The Bucksnort is doing what its always been doing, like it or not. And it makes them gobs of money.

Post Posted: Jul 11, 2019 9:48 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Yeah I'm commenting one more time ...
and add this :

It's a tourist trap plain and simple People visit for the rustic novelty/ beautiful location but thats where it ends.
It could be way better, as many have written. The majority say they would not return

We cant control how owners operate, make menu choices, and hiring process of wait staff, if they really cared about customers and a lasting rep as great owners / managers then they would read whats up here and elsewhere online. Reviews for this place are numerous and in line with this thread.

Mtree points out very blatantly the owners are only in it for the money and nothing else.
They came from out of state.
So they'll do their run and get out someday after they get tired of it.
I guess the mighty dollar and greed are above anything else and still reign supreme for some.

Post Posted: Jul 11, 2019 10:01 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
mtn60, you're spot on!

Post Posted: Jul 11, 2019 4:55 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
mtn60 wrote:
Mtree points out very blatantly the owners are only in it for the money and nothing else.
I guess the mighty dollar and greed are above anything else and still reign supreme for some.

I am very skeptical that there is any kind of significant money to be made at a joint like the Bucksnort.

Post Posted: Jul 11, 2019 9:14 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
keg wrote:
mtn60 wrote:

I am very skeptical that there is any kind of significant money to be made at a joint like the Bucksnort.

I suspect you're very right. Restaurants that try to cater only to tourists all run into the same problem - WINTER.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 8:40 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
keg wrote:
mtn60 wrote:

Are you serious?! Guess that depends on what you consider significant. That place sold for $300K recently. That's right. A dilapidated, run-down, 2000 sq ft, leaky old cabin on a mere 1/4 acre in Sphinx Park. And if you think winter is an issue, they're barely open during the winter months. They make all their money from Memorial Day thru October. Then its just maintenance and vacation. Not a bad gig.

It had sold for considerably more in the past, but I think the last owner needed to dump it fast or pay some pretty big repair bills. Past big ticket items were roof, deck, and well. Not sure what else is in store, but just look at the place and pick your poison.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 9:45 am 
I wonder what would have happened if the guy with the ADA scam that hit Riverbend paid a visit to Bucksnort.....

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 10:10 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
My skepticism remains, mtree. Your post presumed that the owners considered the place a high profit source. I don't see that the purchase price proves that one way or the other. Very, very few restaurants turn out to be gold mines.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 11:03 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
keg wrote:
My skepticism remains, mtree. Your post presumed that the owners considered the place a high profit source. I don't see that the purchase price proves that one way or the other. Very, very few restaurants turn out to be gold mines.

In business continuously for over 3 decades pretty much says it all. And by my last count only its 4th owner (as an entity I guess it would be 5th, but that's a technicality) during this time. All with minimal marketing. Restaurant valuation is complicated with many factors involved. And I don't know the details of the sale. Did the seller maintain a stake in ownership? Were there liens on the property from a prior sale? Etc. But, who cares. Provided the new owners don't screw it up (and that's always possible) they'll do quite well. Make millions? Probably not. But quite well nonetheless.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 12:02 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
So, "gobs of money" (from your earlier post) is more like "do quite well" than "make millions"? I'll buy that.

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next