It is currently Jan 27, 2020 12:26 pm 

click here for classified ad policies. if you are not familiar with the Pinecam forums, click here for a help topic.
two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: 1969 Camaro 327 4-speed project for sale - $15,500 Reduced!
Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 8:42 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
For sale is my 1969 Camaro Sport Coupe with a clear Colorado title. I am the second owner of this Camaro which I purchased in 1983 – 36 years ago! This car has only been driven once in the last 20 years – about 10 miles from my old house to my current house.

$15,500 is my bottom line price. I will keep this car otherwise - I do not need to sell it and I don’t want help selling it. I am not interested in trades of any sort. I was conflicted in selling this car whatsoever but I realized that I will probably never have the time to restore this car the way it deserves to be restored and I could use the space.

If you have dreamed of owning a 1969 Camaro and want a project to build the way you want, the pickins' are very slim and time is running out.

This is a complete running 1969 Camaro. This is not a car in 20 baskets without an engine (although I am including some parts in baskets/ boxes). You just don’t find these anymore in this price range. Check Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for Colorado and surrounding states and all you might find is either a rusted out shell of a ’69 Camaro for under $20K or a $40K+ trailer queen/ museum piece that rarely sees the light of day.

This is not a super rare ZL-1, Z/28 or even an SS Camaro. This is a Daytona Yellow (Code 76) 1969 base model Camaro Sport Coupe. This was originally a 230 Straight Six/ 3 speed car and I don’t think it had a single option.
I restored the car once, in 1991, and swapped out the six cylinder 3 speed for the 327 small block/ Muncie M-21 4 speed at that time. I was told that the 327 engine is from a 1968 Corvette and that the transmission is from a 1968 Olds 442 when I bought them.

The 327 is mildly built with a 10.5-1 pistons, .480 lift cam, roller rockers, dual roller timing chain, Weiand Stealth intake, Holley 750 carb, World Products 2.02 angle plug heads, MSD ignition, etc. This engine ran awesome when I was driving it.

Although the car runs and drives, I do not consider it drivable. It needs brake work and new tires at a minimum and probably a new clutch, etc. The floor pans are solid and the trunk pan has only minor rust. The quarter panels/ front fenders all have some rust. Except for the headliner, dashboard and front seats, the interior is in pretty good shape.

The 1967 to 1969 Camaros (particularly the 1969 Camaros) are currently where the 1963 to 1967 Corvettes were just a few years ago. Try to find a ‘63-‘67 Corvette project right now.

Cash only- no trades - lowball offers not considered.

The video below is from a few years ago but I have not changed a thing except adding a cowl induction hood - it still looks, runs and sounds the same otherwise:

Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dp_QiZP4Tg&t=2s

Last bumped by milotalon on Sep 15, 2019 8:42 am.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]